ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Gotcha, I'll try on a different pair.  I loved the way the UltraBoosts felt when I tried them on.  They were low to the ground but the forefoot had impact protection and really good bounce (like crazy good).  If the right pair felt like that I'd stock up on a ton of them.  I experienced the same thing with the Rose 6, I went through 4 pairs where the Boost felt like:

A. Felt like nothing (very little bounce and basically only a hard foam)

B. 1 pair had crazy soft impact protection and bounce

I've had similar experiences with the Rose 6. A few felt just right - bouncy, smooth, and a little soft. Other pairs were hard, firm, and very little bounce. I've also tried on a couple of pairs where I could feel random hard spots in boost. From reading the message boards and reviews its sounds like adidas has an issue in getting a consistent end product with how they're manufacturing the boost basketball shoes. I'm tempted to order 2-3 pairs of the same shoes from now when I order online so I can get 1 pair that feels right to me.

Looking forward to the CE lows, Hardens, and primeknit CLB16s (still no release date on these?!?!?!). Any word on whether the Lilliard 3s will have boost too? I hope so.

Last edited:
When are we going to see official pics of the CE lows?

I think that probably has my highest interest with the brand right now outside of Adidas offering the next F&F so I can order a couple of Mi's.

Just want to share our local footlocker sold the YOTM DROSE 6 for 60 USD

Happy I copped ! Excited to ball into this Shoe

I've had similar experiences with the Rose 6. A few felt just right - bouncy, smooth, and a little soft. Other pairs were hard, firm, and very little bounce. I've also tried on a couple of pairs where I could feel random hard spots in boost. From reading the message boards and reviews its sounds like adidas has an issue in getting a consistent end product with how they're manufacturing the boost basketball shoes. I'm tempted to order 2-3 pairs of the same shoes from now when I order online so I can get 1 pair that feels right to me.

Looking forward to the CE lows, Hardens, and primeknit CLB16s (still no release date on these?!?!?!). Any word on whether the Lilliard 3s will have boost too? I hope so.
Geeze dude.....LITERALLY THEEEEEEEE EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE AS ME, even to the point where Adidas credited me a voucher for another Rose 6 like 7 months ago (had to get Black/Red).  The Boost started off fine and now they are firm and feel HORRIBLE.  The ONLY pair that has felt good to me was the Primeknits, and I ended up having to give exchange those because they were too small.  I think, had I owned those now, I wouldn't be in another shoe.

Fellas.  I'm about to go to my local House of Hoops (Toronto) and pick up a pair of shoes so I can start playing ball again.

I've narrowed it down to the Crazy Light Boost ($160) and the D. Lillard 2 ($140).

Which ones would you go with?

I think that I would like the responsiveness of the bounce cushion on the Lillard's.  But everyone I know (and Youtube reviewers) are telling me the Crazylight's are superior in every way.

I'm kinda worried about how thick the Boost cushion is.  It seems a little high from the ground?  I'm I tripping?

I'm gonna try both shoes in store (half size down, narrow feet).  I just wanted to know how happy you guys are with your purchases.  

Thanks in advance. Any insight would be appreciated. 

I haven't played in the CLB 16, but I tried them on in the store. I think the fit sucks, and the boost isn't as plush as the Rose 6.
I like the Lillard 2 a lot, the only thing that I'd like it to do better is the traction on dusty courts.

I haven't played in the CLB 16, but I tried them on in the store. I think the fit sucks, and the boost isn't as plush as the Rose 6.
I like the Lillard 2 a lot, the only thing that I'd like it to do better is the traction on dusty courts.

Thanks man. I ended up trying both on.  Wasn't feeling the CLB's.  I liked the Lillards but they didn't have any models with the "Jacquared Upper". They only had leather models.  I liked the bounce cushion though.  I still might cop em in the future.

I also ended up trying the KD 9's.  They fit my feet PERFECTLY.  I ended up copping the multicolour colorway.  Can't wait to try em on court.

Fellas.  I'm about to go to my local House of Hoops (Toronto) and pick up a pair of shoes so I can start playing ball again.

I've narrowed it down to the Crazy Light Boost ($160) and the D. Lillard 2 ($140).
Which ones would you go with?

I think that I would like the responsiveness of the bounce cushion on the Lillard's.  But everyone I know (and Youtube reviewers) are telling me the Crazylight's are superior in every way.
I'm kinda worried about how thick the Boost cushion is.  It seems a little high from the ground?  I'm I tripping?

I'm gonna try both shoes in store (half size down, narrow feet).  I just wanted to know how happy you guys are with your purchases.  
Thanks in advance. Any insight would be appreciated. 

I have both and I love them both but I love my D Lillards 2 more. Everything just feels right, right from the start. As opposed to the Crazylight Boost 2016 where you have to do adjustments to achieve a good feel. Moreso because of the lockdown and minor heel slippage (although to some, it might not be an issue).

But definitely try it on in store and do as much walking around or jumping as you can on the CLB'16 because while it may not always be noticeable, there will be times when you notice it and may annoy you.

I personally would still buy either one but if I only have enough money for one, I would go for the D Lillard 2. Unless of course they release the primeknit version which from the initial review supposedly had no lockdown issues. Which I would most likely attribute to there not having those plastic lace loop protectors.

Enjoy man!

Last edited:
Think I'm in for the all-black PK CEs

The Swaggy PE is cold... but I would demolish them too fast and won't be wearing them casually

^Nice

I feel like typically there's that BS w/ the shoe listed at 149.99, a penny shy of qualifying 
laugh.gif

black > whites

especially for playing for obvious reasons

CE lows would probably be much nicer as a casual shoe in all white

Back
Top Bottom