ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so the uncaged have been out for a while. what's the consensus regarding fit and comfort vs the caged? are they less tight since they don't have a cage? they don't appeal to me aesthetically but if comfort is there then that's a diff story.

so the uncaged have been out for a while. what's the consensus regarding fit and comfort vs the caged? are they less tight since they don't have a cage? they don't appeal to me aesthetically but if comfort is there then that's a diff story.
Personally love mines.  

Yea even those shoes are price super pricey and from the reviews I've read (not a soccer player) they aren't even that great for the price.

It would seem that Adidas is testing the water on how much they can get away with. It doesn't really help that the hype is scooping everything and anything.

I wonder if they actually think we wanted Gradients lol.
You think there's a single pair of air jordans, especially these BS re-mastered ones are "worth the price?" What exactly ARE worth the price? Nike and Adidas profit margins are insane. Considering where most of them are made and how, I'd say nothing is worth the price. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

I don't have an issue with the $200 price tag on the ACE 16+ UBs at all. If the market rejects them, i'll scoop em on discount. That isn't going to happen tho, is it? 

Less tight since no cage. I would say about the same comfort as regular ultraboost except the sock liner rubs on my achilles. you have to wear higher socks or put a band aid back there.

Those waterproofs don't do it for me. That gradient is harsh to look at.

This weekend I put on my AJ1 Chi's and started to walk out the door only to turn around and change to the all white UB's instead. It's gonna take a specific and special event for me to wear the J's again

View media item 2099413
Just checked adidas site and they changed pictures to these ^ so i guess the boost is just painted on the sides? This is weird, i remember when i first checked them, they added pictures with the boost fully black everywhere...

They had to follow all the little boutique's pics that clearly showed the white boost since days, before disappointed customers would return their pairs... A painted "Limited" UB for 200? Nah, pass, i save my money for the 100% pure black boosts...

Less tight since no cage. I would say about the same comfort as regular ultraboost except the sock liner rubs on my achilles. you have to wear higher socks or put a band aid back there.
man the dreaded achilles rub. i had same issues with the lunarepic highs. thanks for the info. these are easy pass for me.

This weekend I put on my AJ1 Chi's and started to walk out the door only to turn around and change to the all white UB's instead. It's gonna take a specific and special event for me to wear the J's again
I'll cop those Chi's if they're a size 12

You think there's a single pair of air jordans, especially these BS re-mastered ones are "worth the price?" What exactly ARE worth the price? Nike and Adidas profit margins are insane. Considering where most of them are made and how, I'd say nothing is worth the price. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

I don't have an issue with the $200 price tag on the ACE 16+ UBs at all. If the market rejects them, i'll scoop em on discount. That isn't going to happen tho, is it? 
Not even UBs I personally think are worth the price either (but I buy them for what they have done for Adidas and being a long time Adidas fan, I support their newest flagship shoe). Of course all these shoes are worth only what the majority is willing to pay.

But that doesn't necessarily mean it is a fair price point to begin with. Jordans are iconic silhouettes that have a reputation 20 years+. These UBs are on that rise but no where near that success.

Yeezys were manufactured price point inflated so drastically that those resell prices are absurd.

Adidas has an opportunity to be that innovative company and flip the script so other companies like Nike/UA can follow suit. People though what T-Mobile was doing was crazy but look at how they changed the market.

What I am trying to get at is Value should trump Hype but that never seems to be the case with hypebeast and resellers because they are feeding on emotional value rather than practical value.

Last edited:

lol "a while" is a bit subjective as stores haven't even restocked these and/or people haven't had the chance to try them on.

They are considerably much tighter than the UB caged but provide the same support since they have the internal ghost cage.

Personally, they feel more sock-like which would lead you to believe they are more comfortable. However, the snugness might affect you later in the day as your foot swells when you walk/run.

People have reported rawness in the achilles, most likely to folks rocking no show socks. I didn't have that issue but I was wearing an ankle sock.

If you are on the fence, I'd say it is safe to pass, but if they go on discount and you have the opportunity to try them on, see for yourself.

my wife loves her multicolor, i want a pair eventually
I have a pair of ST that I use for running. I like them better than regular ub for running because they give me more support and balance while still being real comfortable.

Last edited:

I'll cop those Chi's if they're a size 12
I'd let go of my b/red 1's before letting go of the Chi's

Why does Adidas give certain stores their inventory on different dates? Like with the ACE 16+ Ultra Boosts, only KITH got em in the States on launch day, and then a couple of weeks to a month later, other retailers are likely to have em.

Last edited:
They had to follow all the little boutique's pics that clearly showed the white boost since days, before disappointed customers would return their pairs... A painted "Limited" UB for 200? Nah, pass, i save my money for the 100% pure black boosts...
This. I hesitated because someone said that its not full black boost, saw a hands-on video and now the official pictures. Easy pass now. Waiting for the real triple blacks....in december

Last edited:
This. I hesitated because someone said that its not full black boost, saw a hands-on video and now the official pictures. Easy pass now. Waiting for the real triple blacks....in december

you'll be waiting alot longer than december if you want "real" triple black

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom