ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker is the reason why Nike is Nike today.
No Jordan is. Tinker could have designed all those same jordan's as regular nike's and they wouldn't be what they are today without Jordan wearing them and having his name behind them. The reason shoes like that hold weight for retros over and over again is because of the person's name behind them. Either the athlete or celebrity. Just like the Adidas Yeezy, without Kanye's name behind them I'm sure they wouldn't be nearly the same hype wise or even sell out. But, because they are Kanye's shoes they sell out instantly every time.
Thank you

Read this in this article: http://opendorse.com/blog/the-history-of-athlete-endorsements-part-two/

Michael Jordan was a self-proclaimed “Adidas fanatic since high school.” He wanted to sign with Adidas out of college but they did not offer him an endorsement deal. So, after some convincing from Nike CEO ,Phil Knight, MJ opted to sign with Nike instead. In 1985 the Jordan I was released in red and black to match the Chicago Bulls uniform.

Could you guys imagine how sneaker culture would be today if Jordan signed with Adidas?

Read this in this article: http://opendorse.com/blog/the-history-of-athlete-endorsements-part-two/

Michael Jordan was a self-proclaimed “Adidas fanatic since high school.” He wanted to sign with Adidas out of college but they did not offer him an endorsement deal. So, after some convincing from Nike CEO ,Phil Knight, MJ opted to sign with Nike instead. In 1985 the Jordan I was released in red and black to match the Chicago Bulls uniform.

Could you guys imagine how sneaker culture would be today if Jordan signed with Adidas?

Lebron too. they had first dibs on Lebron, but couldnt match the number Nike offered.

You can go in a Jungle and talk to people who speak jungle and never drove a car or use a TV

and they KNOW who Michael Jordan is...

and let's not forget!!!!

KOBE was on Adi first - why didn't they blew up? back then in BBall world?

Last edited:
LBJ also wanted to sign with Adidas but their offer fell short again. Wouldve thought they learned that lesson from MJ

At the end of the day Nike will be on top. 20 years from now Nike could still sell Jordan's and people will know who he is because he will still be the greatest ever. Could you say the same about Kanye I doubt it
unless Steph takes over and wins 6 in a row

No Jordan is. Tinker could have designed all those same jordan's as regular nike's and they wouldn't be what they are today without Jordan wearing them and having his name behind them. The reason shoes like that hold weight for retros over and over again is because of the person's name behind them. Either the athlete or celebrity. Just like the Adidas Yeezy, without Kanye's name behind them I'm sure they wouldn't be nearly the same hype wise or even sell out. But, because they are Kanye's shoes they sell out instantly every time.

I agree, but I'm speaking in deep thought. Tinker's concept of the 3 persuaded him to stay with Nike. With that said, Nike wouldn't be where they are today without Tinker. Oh yeah, he's also the mastermind behind Air Maxes, no big deal.

Thought people knew better on here. I guess these sneakers got some folks feeling some type of way....

And i like the Yeezy boosts. But either people forgot or wasn't around when the plats and solars released....the amount of people just refreshing ndc that whole Saturday night. And then the demand or thirst for the ROs....

Facts
Was just looking at the article that graphic is from. Nike exploded overnight

Its been told that Nike ignored Steph early in his career when he asked for a model to support his ankle issues. I seriously doubt he'd ever consider them again.
UA went after a partnership with him so perhaps that's why they landed him and the other top players in sports. ..Cam Tom Brady Speith, although I haven't heard any details of those contracts.
UA is making strides with them just like Adidas with KW, but will either be comparable to Nike anytime soon...nope

Last edited:
Adidas got a money maker with the Yeezy sneaker line can it compete with jb ? Imo yes
is it bigger than Nike? No
I can say this we are witnessing the next big shoe other than a Jordan that can very well be around for a long time . That can stand next to a Kobe or a lebron and ye isn't even an athlete. You got to give it to him for right now YEEZY DID JUMP OVER JUMPMAN ! Jb your move next . I ask myself this if adidas lets out as much YEEZYS as jb did with the 72-10's which one sells out first that day? I think we all know the answer to that .

Keyword out here in NYC, Adidas is a Worldwide multi-sport animal only reason Nike is up is cause they got a head start. If Jordan did not wear Nike they would not be where they are today.

Oh I didn't know that about LBJ, I think Nike and Adidas both missed out not signing Steph Curry to a long-term endorsement for this decade but only time will tell.

That's all from hindsight. There were ZERO indications Steph would blow up like this..

LOL at Kanye competing with MJ.

MJ and Nike was a once in a lifetime partnership - they pioneered the market and it happened to be with the GOAT. That's why his line is still the dominant force. Nothing will be on par with that, ever.

I Wonder why lebron wanted to sign with adidas

He rocked lots of them in HS. Kobes/TMacs/Pro Models.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015/09/adidas-lebron-james-billion-dollar-shoe-deal-fail

Adidas dropped the ball.

"However, during the sales presentation to the James camp, Vaccaro realized management had altered the terms of the contract. Instead of $10 million guaranteed over 10 years, adidas only offered $7 million with incentives. Needless to say, James walked away from the negotiations and eventually signed a $90 million endorsement with Nike."

I said for right now we all know Jordan has more shoes I said compete . I didn't say they can be bigger than Jordan brand I said they can compete . Name another shoe othe than a Nike branded shoe that can compete right now only two come to mind

Last edited:
Adidas got a money maker with the Yeezy sneaker line can it compete with jb ? Imo yes
is it bigger than Nike? No
I can say this we are witnessing the next big shoe other than a Jordan that can very well be around for a long time . That can stand next to a Kobe or a lebron and ye isn't even an athlete. You got to give it to him for right now YEEZY DID JUMP OVER JUMPMAN ! Jb your move next . I ask myself this if adidas lets out as much YEEZYS as jb did with the 72-10's which one sells out first that day? I think we all know the answer to that .

Trust Kanye didn't get rid of his J's

he just gotta wear them around the crib only 
tongue.gif

poor guy

Totally get your point about celebrity endorsement but Tinker aslo made Air max 1 / AM 90 / Huaraches, that are iconic shoes on their own

Totally get your point about celebrity endorsement but Tinker aslo made Air max 1 / AM 90 / Huaraches, that are iconic shoes on their own

Very true, but nike as a brand exploded because of Jordan's. Just like how Kanye being with adidas has caused people to start buying more and more of the other non kanye adidas shoes. Same sort of thought process here imo. I could be wrong but air maxes as a standalone line without Jordan's ever happening doesn't put Nike nearly where they're at today. Jordan's without air maxes and Nike would be closer to where they currently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom