ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT ABOUT KOBE?

HE WON CHAMPIONSHIPS and Adidas didn't blow thur the roof in sales back then?

Lmao man let adidas release 10 yeezys in 72-10 quantities. I guarantee you after those 10 yeezys release the hype for yeezys will be dead.

Jordan has been releasing retro for the last 20yrs in those quantities and continuously selling out.

No comparison. Nike aint worried about Adidas or the Yeezy line.

No Jordan is. Tinker could have designed all those same jordan's as regular nike's and they wouldn't be what they are today without Jordan wearing them and having his name behind them. The reason shoes like that hold weight for retros over and over again is because of the person's name behind them. Either the athlete or celebrity. Just like the Adidas Yeezy, without Kanye's name behind them I'm sure they wouldn't be nearly the same hype wise or even sell out. But, because they are Kanye's shoes they sell out instantly every time.
Totally get your point about celebrity endorsement but Tinker aslo made Air max 1 / AM 90 / Huaraches, that are iconic shoes on their own
Very true, but nike as a brand exploded because of Jordan's. Just like how Kanye being with adidas has caused people to start buying more and more of the other non kanye adidas shoes. Same sort of thought process here imo. I could be wrong but air maxes as a standalone line without Jordan's ever happening doesn't put Nike nearly where they're at today. Jordan's without air maxes and Nike would be closer to where they currently are.
He might have helped a little too.

No. I'm tripling up on 72-10s and buying 1 pair of Yeezy's to flip and pay for them.
See you didn't read what I wrote I said if it was easy to buy YEEZYS as it was to buy the 72-10's and they came out the same day which one are you buying first . I respect everyone's opinion I'm just stating mine. I've seen j's from the beginning fam so for me to say this I know something or at least I think I do. the balls in adidas court right now point blank

How many days have people lost with this release? The driving around for raffles, staying up from Thursday to Cryday, and sitting in front of their computer on Sadderday. Depending your income level, those three days of work is equivalent to resell prices.

I feel like whenever I go out of my way to try and cop yeezys they always hand me L's. Pulled all nighters for 750's and PB 2016 and didn't get a single pair.

For these PB's even got 9 raffles and caught L's all friday. Slept in saturday with the girl, had a nice brunch, went home, checked twitter and caught YS at the right time. I'm never pulling at all nighter for Yeezys ever again.

Dame=Cats yelling Yeezy Jumped Over Jumpman

Jay=Nike execs 
laugh.gif

That's why I love NT state your opinion boom get jumped on if ain't the same as theirs :lol: Jordan's hurt my feet look good though

See you didn't read what I wrote I said if it was easy to buy YEEZYS as it was to buy the 72-10's and they came out the same day which one are you buying first . I respect everyone's opinion I'm just stating mine. I've seen j's from the beginning fam so for me to say this I know something or at least I think I do. the balls in adidas court right now point blank
Ok...fine.  I'm buying the 72-10 first.  And I would buy them 3X before I even consider purchasing a readily available, easy to cop, shelf sitting Yeezy Boost 350.

All these Yeezy over JB...Kanye = MJ is so all over the place...but most if not posted are personal opinions. How about stats? $$$ numbers.

I've been trying to look online for Kanye/Yeezy sales for his first fiscal year but can't find any concrete info. Did Adidas ever say a number? All I see is saying it increased their sales but that's it.

Do you think YZY made more than 340M (Lebron line)?

If not then Kanye may have to jump over Lebron first before he tries jumping over JB.

Forget resale value coz everyone here knows that YZY goes for 3x-4x as soon as you get one on hand...coz at the end of the day, the extra $$$ made from resale doesn't go to Adidas.

IMO, for YZY to seriously compete with JB, they need to stop worrying about exclusivity and increase production and if they still sell out then they have a real gem but if they do that and YZY becomes like the Roshes then they were only "HOT" beecause of "rarity" and resale value.

Last edited:
I said it before but I'll remind you yeezy/adidas supporters that it's real easy to sell out with low production numbers. Adidas is just finally making steps forward, but they have miles to go to even be worried about taking over... Especially with their clothing... 

Ok...fine.  I'm buying the 72-10 first.  And I would buy them 3X before I even consider purchasing a readily available, easy to cop, shelf sitting Yeezy Boost 350.
I've had plenty of 11's and I'm gonna triple up on 350's to each their own .good day sir

^by your metrics that would mean current JB numbers prove that JB is not hot at all since resell is pretty much dead for almost all releases JB puts out. meanwhile adidas is steadly dropping hyped products.

resell numbers don't matter.. Resell prices don't make the companies money

if by your logic hype is equivalent to money and stock then yeah sure 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That's why I love NT state your opinion boom get jumped on if ain't the same as theirs
laugh.gif
Jordan's hurt my feet look good though
you would think they get rewarded for their unconditional loyalty to the brand 
laugh.gif

people really comparing Yeezy sales to JB sales right now? Why do you think they didn't make Nike Air Yeezy a GR then? 

Pairs of the 72-10 ended up at Ross stores, IJS. Adidas seems like they want their lines like Yeezy and Y-3 to be more high-end, you rarely catch the hood in these type of kicks. Middle America rocks Jordan Brand...

I know all this from the beginning of my statement I said compete never said was gonna be bigger than Kobe or lebron I said that can stand next to them .and as of right now
NOW at the moment I've had every shoe I can possibly want from jb and adidas has MY attention. Jb is losing my attention. Numbers don't lie for jb doing it a lot longer gonna take a long time for them to catch up I know that but at the moment its my opinion. Don't want to sidetrack the thread any longer I apologize

Last edited:
I feel it was a set up.

1 release in smaller numbers create hype.

2 re release in slightly bigger numbers so the excusivity still stays.

3 then flood the market so adidas get all there money back that they paid him...

kinda like the zeno flux and the white boosts restock till people dont want them no mo'

I said it before but I'll remind you yeezy/adidas supporters that it's real easy to sell out with low production numbers. Adidas is just finally making steps forward, but they have miles to go to even be worried about taking over... Especially with their clothing... 
Exactly 

I feel it was a set up.

1 release in smaller numbers create hype.

2 re release in slightly bigger numbers so the excusivity still stays.

3 then flood the market so adidas get all there money back that they paid him...

kinda like the zeno flux and the white boosts restock till people dont want them no mo'
Except white boosts keep selling out no matter how many restocks
nerd.gif

I've had plenty of 11's and I'm gonna triple up on 350's to each their own .good day sir
Nah-I know what you're saying. All things being equal you like Yeezy more than Jordan Brand or at least the XI.  That's cool. Folks are conflating shoe hype/opinion with money facts.  When someone says "Yeezy Jumped Over Jumpman" , under what parameter do they speak of?  Certainly not in numbers (facts) so the only thing left to argue is opinion.  

Besides it's either this or ADC shipping questions! 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom