ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because adidas has bigger things going on than Kanye whether it seems that way to us or not. You have to look at the bigger picture. adidas, like every major company, has a board of investors who are probably a bunch of old dudes who couldn't name one of Kanye's albums. adidas can say "Hey, look at these traffic numbers. Look at this coverage. Look at the increased demand for our brand (more specifically the casual footwear category)" All of this to investors' eyes is a good thing. Now adidas can put themselves in a position to receive more money for other ventures. This ultimately increases adidas' value as a company. More so than increased sales from Yeezys had they just made more pairs. Basically, hype/allure/demand is more important than a few extra million in sales. Kanye is just a pawn in adidas' game. Yes, probably their most valuable cultural pawn at this point in time, but a pawn nonetheless. 

Let's play with the 9k number. If those sell out, adidas makes roughly 3.2 million in sales off Yeezy 750 Boosts. According to Forbes, adidas is worth 22.76 BILLION DOLLARS as of May 2014. The sales from Yeezys is relatively nothing to them. But the new MARKET Yeezys create, the hype, the NEW CUSTOMERS (read: resellers) Yeezys create is where the true VALUE is in adidas' eyes.

I'm with you though. I agree with making more pairs and I honestly think we will see more Yeezy 750 Boosts down the road. I just feel like we all take this very selfish stance with product. We want their product. They made it, but we didn't get it because there wasn't enough to go around. Now we have to either move on or pay resale if we really want the shoes that bad. That's it. But we choose to complain and throw fits and bash the company. It's not written anywhere that adidas or any company for that matter owes us anything and has to please us. We just feel so entitled. So maybe these brands use our poor mindsets for their benefit. Bravo.

I think we as consumers give the brands too much power. Without our money, they wouldn't have any profit margins. No they don't have to sell or make everything available but I don't have to give them a second glance once the product that I want no longer becomes available to me. I shop in specifics. I want this one thing and that's that. I understand they are using kanye to venture into a new market but what's the point if you have no product available for said market?

Because adidas has bigger things going on than Kanye whether it seems that way to us or not. You have to look at the bigger picture. adidas, like every major company, has a board of investors who are probably a bunch of old dudes who couldn't name one of Kanye's albums. adidas can say "Hey, look at these traffic numbers. Look at this coverage. Look at the increased demand for our brand (more specifically the casual footwear category)" All of this to investors' eyes is a good thing

Board of Directors aren't stupid people.  Look at all this traffic - now lets check out social media and see that 99% of the people who visited our site had a ****** customer experience and are throwing shade at our company.  The attention and the traffic has caused more issues for Adidas than they would have wanted

. Now adidas can put themselves in a position to receive more money for other ventures. This ultimately increases adidas' value as a company. More so than increased sales from Yeezys had they just made more pairs. Basically, hype/allure/demand is more important than a few extra million in sales. Kanye is just a pawn in adidas' game. Yes, probably their most valuable cultural pawn at this point in time, but a pawn nonetheless. 

Explain how they can spin Yeezy hype into more money for other ventures.  Im not following your through train on this one.

Let's play with the 9k number. If those sell out, adidas makes roughly 3.2 million in sales off Yeezy 750 Boosts. According to Forbes, adidas is worth 22.76 BILLION DOLLARS as of May 2014. The sales from Yeezys is relatively nothing to them. But the new MARKET Yeezys create, the hype, the NEW CUSTOMERS (read: resellers) Yeezys create is where the true VALUE is in adidas' eyes.

Less than 3.2.. Cut that number if half right off the beginning because they are selling to shops at $175.  Plus whatever it cost to make these pairs its closer to $1.5M.  Also don't confuse people wanting the Yeezys as people who want other Adidas products.  And also don't forgot how many people will write Adidas off after this botched release and ****** communications..

I'm with you though. I agree with making more pairs and I honestly think we will see more Yeezy 750 Boosts down the road. I just feel like we all take this very selfish stance with product. We want their product. They made it, but we didn't get it because there wasn't enough to go around. Now we have to either move on or pay resale if we really want the shoes that bad. That's it. But we choose to complain and throw fits and bash the company. It's not written anywhere that adidas or any company for that matter owes us anything and has to please us. We just feel so entitled. So maybe these brands use our poor mindsets for their benefit. Bravo.

You are right.  Adidas owes me nothing, but they want my money and everyone else' in this thread.  So if they want my money on to spent on their products, they better act like they owe me something or I will keep feeding other companies.  As of now, Im done with these guys.

That would make sense if they actually had stuff to sell to the new customers. What's,really that exciting and new that people are picking up as an alternative or what's new found?
That's the thing. adidas has bigger plans than just making cool, new footwear. Yes, that's a category of theirs and obviously they want to be a player in that market, but there's more on adidas' agenda. For example, they're trying to get rights to outfit more major schools and leagues. They currently have the NBA which is massive. They have some colleges and just locked up University of Miami. It's things like that. They're trying to extend their brand as a whole. Not just sell more shoes to kids. Who knows what other major moves they have planned, but I'm sure there's something.

Take Kanye for example. He always wanted to be a "designer" but first he had to produce, that way he could become a rapper, that platform allowed him to be a massive celebrity with a voice. Then he was able to open more doors to collab with fashion houses, now we're here. He has spoke on plans to do movies, theme parks, etc. It's the same with adidas. There's always something bigger. 

adidas bringing attention to their brand i know i never been to the adidas website before they dropped the yeezy boosts

probably wont be going back either 

but now im at least familiar with their products, so im automatically more likely to buy something in the future, just because i know about them

smart business decision on Adidas part, especially with what has happened to d-roses career.  

They need a big time star, most SG-SF all sign with nike.  Those are your money makers, not all these PG's and Big men.

smart business decision on Adidas part, especially with what has happened to d-roses career.  

They need a big time star, most SG-SF all sign with nike.  Those are your money makers, not all these PG's and Big men.
They got damien lillard, adidas should just go all out as the face of their basketball division. I personally  think he is going to be something big in the league.  

Look at all this traffic - now lets check out social media and see that 99% of the people who visited our site had a ****** customer experience and are throwing shade at our company.  The attention and the traffic has caused more issues for Adidas than they would have wanted

There's a difference between "****** customer experience" and overwhelming demand, which is a good problem to have. The attention and traffic is invaluable to adidas. More valuable than selling more pairs of a shoe. 

Explain how they can spin Yeezy hype into more money for other ventures.  Im not following your through train on this one.

Because Yeezy hype coupled with a limited supply creates a new market (the resale market/hype market). As I said, there would be far less people going after Yeezys if there was no resale market. Trust. Given that there is a huge aftermarket, there is more traffic and demand. You have people going after the shoe cause they like it and now you have people going after the shoe because they can profit off it. All investors are going to see are numbers and stats. They see increased traffic as the company GROWING and becoming MORE PROFITABLE. Now they are willing to open their wallets more and fund more projects/ventures.

Less than 3.2.. Cut that number if half right off the beginning because they are selling to shops at $175.  Plus whatever it cost to make these pairs its closer to $1.5M.  Also don't confuse people wanting the Yeezys as people who want other Adidas products.  And also don't forgot how many people will write Adidas off after this botched release and ****** communications..

I mean, you're pretty much proving my point. adidas isn't going to flourish solely off Yeezy sales. The hype and potential new market/new customers is more valuable in the long run. This is my point. 

You are right.  Adidas owes me nothing, but they want my money and everyone else' in this thread.  So if they want my money on to spent on their products, they better act like they owe me something or I will keep feeding other companies.  As of now, Im done with these guys.

They want bigger money than ours. I'll leave it at that. 

And who are you kidding? "As of now, I'm done with these guys" Come on now. You're in this thread. You're not done with anything. You're gonna go for these shoes this Saturday just like everyone else. People want to say adidas didn't come through, I'm done with them. False. If the shoes release again in two months, you'll be right back at your computer trying to cop. That goes for mostly everyone in here who didn't get a pair, myself included. But I'm not butthurt over it or ready to say DOWN WITH ADIDAS. **** it. There are other ways to spend $350.

Last edited:

They got damien lillard, adidas should just go all out as the face of their basketball division. I personally  think he is going to be something big in the league.  
True but look at the past, successful shoe lines have come from mostly SG-SF's

Explosive, exciting, players..and most importantly these guys win...

you never will a championship with a scoring point guard.  PGs scoring should be 2-3 option.  

but yes i totally agree that lillard will be something amazing. BUT i think his shoes will be just like iversons and Reebok, pretty solid line but nothing to stand in line for. 

Adidas and y3 been hot for the past year already with high fashion designer collabs. Adidas want the Yeezy line to cater to that crowd while ye wanted to cater to the mass audience.

Either route they go with, adidas is going to win regardless.

Im surprised at how few pairs are for sale on Ebay. Even the "tumblr ballers" don't have pairs to show off on their blogs.

I would put all the eggs in the John Wall basket. He will be the best PG in the league.. soon.. and not for nothin... the JW 1s are kinda :smokin

I am still praying I can get a pair on 28th guys.. good luck man, if not I need to find one for 800 bucks, I refused to pay more for it.. 

I hope everyone that wants the shoe gets it...
But I've never really understood why someone would pay so much for resell...
Anything above 400 is crazy to me...
400 is crazy to me...!!!
Do you know what you could do with that money...
Guess I was just raised different...
Of course buy what you want...
I mean are you attracted to the shoe or the exclusivity...!
Is it really worth the money your willing to spend...
But again, buy what you want...

am I the only one that thinks there are a lot less pairs than 9k.

I think I've seen 10 people maybe 15 tops in here with pairs.

and def not as many on IG as you would see for another limited hyped shoe.
nope, based on the "success" stories and evidence in pickup/on foot shots, seems like these were way scarce. surprised the resellers aren't trying to swallow up all the pairs at $1000 or whatever it is, because you'd think the (current) supply would command prices much higher than whatever yeezy 2s sell for now. them resellers seem to be in tune with what will make money though, so maybe there is truth to more available than what's been seen. or adidas has been able to keep things such a mystery they scared of getting burned.

I hope everyone that wants the shoe gets it...
But I've never really understood why someone would pay so much for resell...
Anything above 400 is crazy to me...
400 is crazy to me...!!!
Do you know what you could do with that money...
Guess I was just raised different...
Of course buy what you want...
I mean are you attracted to the shoe or the exclusivity...!
Is it really worth the money your willing to spend...
But again, buy what you want...
Most shoes are like $200 retail nowadays. Doesnt hurt to spend 400 when you just skip over a release and put that money towards another shoe you really want.

nope, based on the "success" stories and evidence in pickup/on foot shots, seems like these were way scarce. surprised the resellers aren't trying to swallow up all the pairs at $1000 or whatever it is, because you'd think the (current) supply would command prices much higher than whatever yeezy 2s sell for now. them resellers seem to be in tune with what will make money though, so maybe there is truth to more available than what's been seen. or adidas has been able to keep things such a mystery they scared of getting burned.
You gotta remember nobody outside of this thread really knows whats about to come. Everyone is still going by what Ibn Jasper said on IG and sticking with it...especially after the blogs ate it up. As soon as it goes public that these will not restock after march, the pairs will fly and the prices will rise.

Adidas if you want to make the shoe for EVERYONE to get without the risk of having them sit on shelves and not sell = *****NON-REFUNDABLE PRE-ORDER******. It's just that simple; everyone gets THEIR pair. Unless you support hype or resellers, this is best way to make everyone happy.

Hate to be that guy. But when Kanye said everyone would get yeezys he clearly meant any model. If you wanted 750's you could get them. If you wanted lows, you could get them. Etc. not you would just have a certain model eventually. Obviously he didn't want 750s or any of it limited but adidas is like nah right now

Just wanted to say that. A lot of people are always kind of not really understanding what he is trying to say or get across. He wants all models and all the clothes to be easily copped. Not hey! You got the lows, be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom