ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, somebodyJUST posted my size for 5 stacks or best offer.
mean.gif

Yea, Im out this bish!
laugh.gif

Mags??
nerd.gif
LOL!!! This is insanity!

Meanwhile, somebodyJUST posted my size for 5 stacks or best offer. :smh:

Yea, Im out this bish! :lol:

Mags?? :nerd:

Size 6 I assume? lol

Flight Club had a 6 listed for $2K. Sold within a hour I would say lol. I know because I know someone else searching literally all day looking for that size lol

Meanwhile, somebodyJUST posted my size for 5 stacks or best offer. :smh:

Yea, Im out this bish! :lol:

Mags?? :nerd:

No where near its value. If you actually like the shoe (this goes to others too), I would look at some designer shoes. There others that are on the lines of these with top materials. Not yeezys but you get a top quality product

LOL!!! This is insanity!

No doubt

Size 6 I assume? lol

Flight Club had a 6 listed for $2K. Sold within a hour I would say lol. I know because I know someone else searching literally all day looking for that size lol

Well, good luck to your buddy. Tell them at least there is one less person looking, meaning me!

No where near its value. If you actually like the shoe (this goes to others too), I would look at some designer shoes. There others that are on the lines of these with top materials. Not yeezys but you get a top quality product

NO WHERE close to its value. Too many shoes are overpriced at retail, these are no different to me. Just something to accept or move on :\
Done with Qasa's until winter line hits, but those big gold chain Versace sneeks have been calling me name. :lol: Gonna chill though

On eBay? I was watching a size 6 and all of the sudden it disappeared today. 

Yup. Could be the same pair. I didnt even bother with the ad when i saw the price, but I'll check to see if its a repost. ...if you havent already found it.

BTW, one posted about 10 mins ago for $4k :lol:

Last edited:
Teach them what exactly? That you're so desperate for a hyped shoe that you'll go the fugazi route? Lol ok
That maybe, just maybe we are looking at this all wrong.  We like the style of the shoe no? Who cares whom gets paid for it, or who's name is attached to it. If you do..... then it could be argued that YOU are the one that has fallen victim to hype. When you pick up your prescription do you give a damn if it's name brand or generic? Or do you care more about fulfilling your need? Replicas have been given a bad connotation and I find that it has conveniently worked against the very people it should help. Perhaps it is time to reconsider our position on this topic., or continue to be taken advantage of. Just food for thought; for those intelligent enough to think. But by all means; feel free to continue to walk around with blinders on. I'm sure there were some cavemen back in the day that weren't on board with the concept of fire.

When you pick up your prescription do you give a damn if it's name brand or generic? Or do you care more about fulfilling your need? Replicas have been given a bad connotation and I find that it has conveniently worked against the very people it should help. 
I know what point you're trying to make, but this is different. Replicas are different than off-brand. At least generic brands have the legal rights to operate, and generally speaking the appearance of said generic-brand doesn't matter (i.e. drugs, cereal, etc.) Apparel is different. All clothing has is the design, the aesthetic. If someone comes in and conveniently steals your design and then start selling it cheaper to undercut your sales, they're harming you. Replicas are adverse to the brand they imitate. Where as a generic-brand serves to offer competition, a replica factory serves to steal from the company, as well as steal its consumers. How can a brand compete with another "brand" that has all its same designs for a cheaper price? I can't say I haven't been tempted to buy replica items before, but at the end of the day purchasing a replica product only serves to destroy the brand you wish to represent. 

Last edited:
As visually alike the counterfeit may come, you will always be able to tell the difference in quality of the materials of each shoe. 

Yup. Could be the same pair. I didnt even bother with the ad when i saw the price, but I'll check to see if its a repost. ...if you havent already found it.

BTW, one posted about 10 mins ago for $4k
laugh.gif
I see them both. "...size 6 a real one of a kind collectors piece..." This is bs. Before I came here I thought no one gave a crap about small sizes. Guess I'm not getting a pair. 

Crazy man. I remember sweating out the delivery of my Red Octobers. There was all this talk on NT about shady delivery men and they knew what days they were shipping. I remember something about a delivery truck in Oakland that got "held up" around the time the Yeezys were shipping. I was kind of nervous too, because I usually have the same UPS dude who seems to be into sneaker culture and he would always bring me packages from Eastbay, Nike, etc. This is how my Red Octobers got delivered. Luckily everything was cool when I opened them, but my heart dropped when he came out of the truck and handed me the box like that.

View media item 1421993

Damn I would be nervous as hell opening that box! Still salty I ignored my phone notification when the RO's dropped. My boy called me a few minutes later after he copped a pair. I got to hold them and while they're nice, they weren't my thing. These boosts though...

Btw, looks like the boost tech is directly below the insole. Not familiar with boost tech so I have no idea if this is the typical setup but thought I'd share.

And no they're not for sale so please don't PM me.

View media item 1422548
The white laces are so much better than the ones they come prelaced with.

View media item 1422553

Damn I would be nervous as hell opening that box! Still salty I ignored my phone notification when the RO's dropped. My boy called me a few minutes later after he copped a pair. I got to hold them and while they're nice, they weren't my thing. These boosts though...

Btw, looks like the boost tech is directly below the insole. Not familiar with boost tech so I have no idea if this is the typical setup but thought I'd share.

View media item 1422548

View media item 1422553
you're actually the first person I know who said that about the white laces

I know what point you're trying to make, but this is different. Replicas are different than off-brand. At least generic brands have the legal rights to operate, and generally speaking the appearance of said generic-brand doesn't matter (i.e. drugs, cereal, etc.) Apparel is different. All clothing has is the design, the aesthetic. If someone comes in and conveniently steals your design and then start selling it cheaper to undercut your sales, they're harming you. Replicas are adverse to the brand they imitate. Where as a generic-brand serves to offer competition, a replica factory serves to steal from the company, as well as steal its consumers. How can a brand compete with another "brand" that has all its same designs for a cheaper price? I can't say I haven't been tempted to buy replica items before, but at the end of the day purchasing a replica product only serves to destroy the brand you wish to represent. 

Welp there is only one way to get these shoes at retail IMO. So I bought a 6 and 8 at a less inflated price then what I've seen on eBay and will sell the 8 at current value on eBay to pay for the 6. Now I'm going to be a douche bag reseller.
indifferent.gif

Last edited:

Dude, you don't even know. What made that day even more nerve wracking was that prior to receiving the package, I had a deal in place with this local kid to buy them. (No, I'm not a scum reseller, I just preferred 4k to a pair of overly hyped red shoes that were horribly manufactured, but that's besides that point.) The only caveat with his deal was that he wanted to watch me open the package from Nike so that he could be sure they were legit. No big deal. So I'm literally on my way out the house heading to work when the UPS truck pulls up. Guy brings me the package half opened and I'm bugging out and dying to make sure my shoes are inside BUT I PROMISED THE KID I'D WAIT TILL WE MET UP TO OPEN THEM. Needless to say I got jack**** done at work that day just worrying and wondering. Like literally having the box right next to my desk all day. The kid ended up getting flakey later that night and I couldn't take it anymore, so I called the deal off and opened the package to find my RO's safe and sound.

The 750 Boosts look great man! Congrats. Definitely more my style than RO's. That is the normal adidas boost set up. Some shoes like the DRose 5 came with thinner insoles, the pure boost have no insoles. The only thing with these is that the boost is encapsulated in the midsole. I've read that boost works best when it's exposed (like the runners) so it can expand. That's why pure boosts and the runners are so damn comfy. I'm sure these are mad comfortable, but I just know we're not getting the full boost effect when it's encapsulated like that. Either way, sick pick up. I'm hoping to cop a pair this weekend or in the future, but I'm ordering my consolation prize tonight regardless. 

this is different than most situations tho where counterfeits serve to provide a lookalike item for a much cheaper price

these counterfeits are being made/sought after specifically to help fulfill demand

not exactly apples to apples

Welp there is only one way to get these shoes at retail IMO. So I bought a 6 and 8 at a less inflated price then what I've seen on eBay and will sell the 8 at current value on eBay to pay for the 6. Now I'm going to be a douche bag reseller.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
  Interesting method

this is different than most situations tho where counterfeits serve to provide a lookalike item for a much cheaper price

these counterfeits are being made/sought after specifically to help fulfill demand

not exactly apples to apples

If all you kats suddenly reppin fakes feel this way, why not just buy all your kicks on the alternate market? Is your closet filled with off brand kicks or is it only ok when you can't get the real version of a shoe due to limited availability? I don't personally care what kats rock as long as it makes you happy, but don't try to sell it as doing it to get back at Nike, Adidas, etc. when it has nothing to do with any of that...

If all you kats suddenly reppin fakes feel this way, why not just buy all your kicks on the alternate market? Is your closet filled with off brand kicks or is it only ok when you can't get the real version of a shoe due to limited availability? I don't personally care what kats rock as long as it makes you happy, but don't try to sell it as doing it to get back at Nike, Adidas, etc. when it has nothing to do with any of that...
im just playing devils advocate

i in no way condone fakes but i can understand, in this situation, why someone would be tempted to buy a fake pair, especially if they look like the real thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom