ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this also... That's why the word "patience" keeps getting thrown out

I still think people should be patient. They could produce like 20-30k which is still a good amount of pairs (especially compared to Y2s), but 200-300k is A LOT of pairs. And I also think they would still want them to be at least some what exclusive. 200-300k pairs people would be reselling for below retail haha.

I still think people should be patient. They could produce like 20-30k which is still a good amount of pairs (especially compared to Y2s), but 200-300k is A LOT of pairs. And I also think they would still want them to be at least some what exclusive. 200-300k pairs people would be reselling for below retail haha.
No matter what a Yeezy will be exclusive. Im just glad theyre nowhere near Nike yeezy prices hahaha

if 200k-300k numbers is correct, I'd still expect the resell price to sit between $500-$800. there were 500k Legend Blue 11's and people still missed out, but it was flooded on the aftermarket that resell was barely making anything more than $50. 

if 200k-300k numbers is correct, I'd still expect the resell price to sit between $500-$800. there were 500k Legend Blue 11's and people still missed out, but it was flooded on the aftermarket that resell was barely making anything more than $50. 
I think that's the route adidas is going... LB status

Dude, he's been with Adidas for a year now give or take. He left Nike to get PAID, Adidas paid him millions and needs a return on their investment. When its all said and done there will be a couple hundred thousand pairs made. Don't know how many pairs will be available on the 28th but they will do all they can to maximize their profits unlike Nike

No I agree, I just think 200-300k is a little much. I definitely think they will be more widely available than the Yeezy 1s and 2s, maybe not the initial 750 Boost release but future releases for sure.

Yea some joggers are ok but not with every shoe but hipsters have taken over nowadays and ruin everything.Denim joggers,bikers and those drop crotch hammer pants are more cringeworthy imo tho.

Yeah but you also have to factor in the market for the Legend Blues (and 11 releases in general). Everyone knows when Jordan 11s drop, always around Christmas, and they always have an insane amount of hype. These have a lot of hype too but they're not the traditional 11s at Christmas time release. People who have 0 other pairs of shoes try to buy 11s just to stunt. I think the market for these is slightly different, especially with people either loving or hating these. But at the end of the day, they are Yeezys, so who really knows.

Last edited:

Yea some joggers are ok but not with every shoe but hipsters have taken over nowadays and ruin everything.Denim joggers,bikers and those drop crotch hammer pants are more cringeworthy imo tho.
i dont understand what the problem with straight leg jeans are, anything tighter than that is crazy

200-300k pairs people would be reselling for below retail haha.
What a stupid comment. Nike made 500,000 pairs of the Legend Blue 11's and they still resale well above retail with no pairs on shelves anywhere and a restock is coming that will again sell out. You're telling me nobody wants 250,000 pairs of yeezys? Nike could make 2 million pairs of red Octobers that stuff would still sell out in minutes. 

What does Adidas care about being exclusive? Thats Nikes forte. Nike is the Hype company that sells shoes. Adidas needs every dollar to battle with Nike hence signing all these rappers to do collabs and boost sales. Nike didn't pay Kanye a cent, Adidas gave him millions plus some back end money they need to show their stock holders that these signings & collabs were smart business decisions. I think on the low end 200k pairs will be made easily with resale being around the $650-$700 mark tops

everyone who keeps bringing up the fact that they will make a million pairs because Kanye wants to get paid, are overlooking the fact that 1% of 9,000 is still more than 0% of what 25,000 total yeezys made by nike including all 6 models.

hes also got a line. an entire line. his focus isnt on one model or making money off of it. kanyes not stupid...

but he is stubborn.

he doesnt care if the first run is 9,000 or 900,000 he thinks whatever his name is behind will sell out and hes sort of right seeing how everything his name is behind sells out, with the exception of select APC items, restocking or hitting sales. 

from a BUSINESS point of view, a limited first release is the way to go. it builds hype. it builds frustration, it leads the people who are on the fence of buying something to go ahead and buy future items out of fear of them disappearing.

bottom line if you told me kanye wants to get paid and he was only making 1 shoe with adidas, then id be behind 100% all of your claims of him wanting the PAIRS and GETTING THE $.

Last edited:

i dont understand what the problem with straight leg jeans are, anything tighter than that is crazy
Too much extra material.

The 90's got peeps thinking it's okay to have your pants bunch up around your ankles.

Last edited:
What a stupid comment. Nike made 500,000 pairs of the Legend Blue 11's and they still resale well above retail with no pairs on shelves anywhere and a restock is coming that will again sell out. You're telling me nobody wants 250,000 pairs of yeezys? Nike could make 2 million pairs of red Octobers that stuff would still sell out in minutes. 

What does Adidas care about being exclusive? Thats Nikes forte. Nike is the Hype company that sells shoes. Adidas needs every dollar to battle with Nike hence signing all these rappers to do collabs and boost sales. Nike didn't pay Kanye a cent, Adidas gave him millions plus some back end money they need to show their stock holders that these signings & collabs were smart business decisions. I think on the low end 200k pairs will be made easily with resale being around the $650-$700 mark tops

Glad you saw the sarcasm in that... I'm just pointing out that 200-300k of ONE MODEL is a hell of a lot of shoes... I highly doubt 200-300k pairs of the 750 Boost will be available in 10 days.

t blake is the same clown that kept giving out mixed info about the yeezy boosts

idk why dude has to pretend he knows so much just because he went to adidas quarters once

srs

T Blake was actually the only person to confirm that these were the new yeezys after the kanye plane pic came out. Confirmed right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom