Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
Capes is out

Nothing wrong with making money

Breaking down every penny your getting is a little corny tho

I’m late but I agree

I buy and sell what I can to pay for shoes I missed out on. Usually limited Stuff.

I don’t have the connects I used to have and I’m a family man now so I don’t have time to camp and get to know new ones.

I have a job, but not wanting to use my money to pay resell. I hustle up other funds to do so trust me most people paying resell sometime are using other shoes to cover cost. It’s all a cycle.

Tho bragging about how much money one makes is trash

Getting hacked happens, but not telling your customers is a big no no.

If your information is in fact compromised, I would certainly believe you have legal grounds for action. I personally had my card charge for over $1800 a couple months ago for a overseas gold/jewelry website.

Over the last several months I’ve seen tons of stories of fraudulent activity days after selling/buying on StockX. Security has definitely been a concern, and this just cements the fact that they cut corners in a big way.

Tempted to file a suit myself, as I’m so sick of companies taking and abusing our data, then doing nothing to protect it. Only concern would be proving that you were effected and suffered the damages you’re suing for.

I'm calling a lawyer Monday. Cause I had over $1800 charged to my card randomly in the last week of May. The same month the breach happened. And still to this day didn't know how it happened cause I'm pretty careful online. It all makes sense now. My FULL billing information is stored on stock X making it insanely easy for someone to use your ****. Chase blocks $200 transactions but didn't even attempt to block $1800 that day. Because whoever stole my card.....had ALLLLLLLLLL my info.

I always use PayPal for StockX transactions, not know if that makes a difference? I’ve never paid with my own card.

Honestly I use PayPal for just about everything online. Seems like the safest way to me.

But yeah, StockX messed up big time.

I'm calling a lawyer Monday. Cause I had over $1800 charged to my card randomly in the last week of May. The same month the breach happened. And still to this day didn't know how it happened cause I'm pretty careful online. It all makes sense now. My FULL billing information is stored on stock X making it insanely easy for someone to use your ****. Chase blocks $200 transactions but didn't even attempt to block $1800 that day. Because whoever stole my card.....had ALLLLLLLLLL my info.
they're not storing your cc in plain text tho. the only concern one should have about this is that someone uses your stored CC to make purchases ON stockx. They aint able to steal your **** to use elsewhere 99.9% of the time. also, data breach reporting laws are loose af and give a ton of deference to the reporter due to the reasonableness standard associated with the investigation/time lapse.

don't go pay some bum *** lawyer for this nonsense. small claims court if you're really that hurt over it.

Lets follow the chain of events. Card info stolen and used in may. Stock X account randomly locked. Had to email them copies of my drivers license to confirm it was actually my account. Stock X failed to notify me of any of this.

You clearly don't know **** about legal advice because ppl sue for less.

Lets follow the chain of events. Card info stolen and used in may. Stock X account randomly locked. Had to email them copies of my drivers license to confirm it was actually my account. Stock X failed to notify me of any of this.

You clearly don't know **** about legal advice because ppl sue for less. FOH.

i said small claims court. you represent yourself. don't pay a lawyer up front or a percentage of your winnings. pay court fees.

all evidence is circumstantial. your damages are almost non-existent because i assume you reported the charge as fraudulent (did you not?). are you expecting punitive damages? what would the compensatory damages even be for?

i know a thing or two about law, i promise.

i said small claims court. you represent yourself. don't pay a lawyer up front or a percentage of your winnings. pay court fees.

all evidence is circumstantial. your damages are almost non-existent because i assume you reported the charge as fraudulent (did you not?). are you expecting punitive damages? what would the compensatory damages even be for?

i know a thing or two about law, i promise.

This is the issue at hand. What can you ultimately sue them for? Gross negligence? Your data is clearly worth something, otherwise these hacks wouldn’t exist.

I have no idea, that's why I am gonna talk to a Lawyer. A personal friend's sister, so it's not gonna hurt to get some free legal advice.

All I know it is highly illegal not to notify your customers of the breech, the state of Oregon is or was suing Uber for this very thing.

not if you're damn good at it. ask most professional athletes.
Just because you're good at something doesn't make it fun. Tons of athletes left for loss of love for the game. Ask an athlete how much he loves practice or the bench.

I have no idea, that's why I am gonna talk to a Lawyer. A personal friend's sister, so it's not gonna hurt to get some free legal advice.

All I know it is highly illegal not to notify your customers of the breech, the state of Oregon is or was suing Uber for this very thing.

StockX is located in Michigan. Thankfully our friends at Foley did the leg work for us, but check this out: Notification Laws in Mich.

A person or agency shall provide any notice required under this section without unreasonable delay. A person or agency may delay providing notice without violating this subsection if either of the following is met:

(1) A delay is necessary in order for the person or agency to take any measures necessary to determine the scope of the security breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the database. However, the agency or person shall provide the notice required under this subsection without unreasonable delay after the person or agency completes the measures necessary to determine the scope of the security breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the database.

at the very least, the notification argument ain't gonna work. idk what else would.

There certainly has to be some sort of legal ramification out of this. I don't care if I make a buck. I just don't like stock X's practices.

There's a laundry list of things they do wrong, but this takes the cake. What upset me is the charge happened literally 3 days before I flew out of country. So it almost REALLY set me back.

This is the issue at hand. What can you ultimately sue them for? Gross negligence? Your data is clearly worth something, otherwise these hacks wouldn’t exist.
it's a complicated area of law (when i was in school i took a privacy class and i hated it) but you would be surprised how much leniency is given to companies when data breaches occur. privacy torts would be a difficult argument here and gross negligence would be really tough unless they were really breaching their DoC and you could prove damages.

There certainly has to be some sort of legal ramification out of this. I don't care if I make a buck. I just don't like stock X's practices.

There's a laundry list of things they do wrong, but this takes the cake. What upset me is the charge happened literally 3 days before I flew out of country. So it almost REALLY set me back.
that's what the FTC is for... in theory.

You clearly don't know **** about legal advice because ppl sue for less.

Not trying to clown you at all but an unscrupulous lawyer will gladly take you on, rack up some billable hours and give you the incredulous shoulder shrug when the judge (if you ever even get to see one) laughs you out of court because your evidence, like the other guy said is completely circumstantial and doesn't stand on its own two.

Your credit card company didn't clean up the charge for you?? If they did, you were made whole and that's pretty much that.

Its a waste of your time man and potentially money because you aren't going to be able to prove how you were harmed beyond a charge that your CC company didn't hold you responsible for.

All you can really do is take your business elsewhere.

It sucks and more should be done, but everyone's info has been compromised...

Back
Top Bottom