ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

I'm 38 years old with a loving wife and a 8 month old daughter. I have roughly 50 pairs of sneakers mostly Jordans, have Kobe's, Barkley's,Penny's you name it. I've been with the sneaker collection business for about 5 years now since I migrated to the States. Of all those 50 pairs, seldomdo I use them, they're all kept in the box overcrowding my closet, and 2 other closets. This past several weeks, I've been considering/thinking aboutretiring from this but sometimes I just could not resist!!!! Considering my age and the current crisis, DO YOU THINK IT'S WISE TO HANG IT UP, SELL MOST OFTHESE 50 PAIRS AND GET ON WITH LIFE?? But on the other hand, I might regret in the end for getting rid of my J's.... what do you guys think?? I could earnsome money from this and just stop buying sneakers!! DO YOU THINK I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF? HELP ME GUYS THINK....I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP!!

i was in the same situation i sold my whole collection last year....i regret this every day cause i had so much heat long story short i started again and nowim 60 deep again.what a waste......once a sneaker head always a sneaker head keep your shoes.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Be selective. Easier said than done tho

That's what I was thinking.....sell most of them and retain only the ones you will really use... oh well......

I know that I am no where near your age, but at 21 (personally) I see sneaker collecting as just a waste money. As of now I have 70 in my collection; Jordans,Brit knights, adidas, nike retro, nike sb. All of these pairs - apart from three - are complete crap to me. I really "can" continue living normallyknowing that I still have black metallic V's, Grape V's, and 01' Black cement 3's in my arsenal. And besides, right now Jordan brand has justa' bunch crap coming out before autumn 09. So I'd say keep the sneakers you cherish the most; 20 plus "maybe," and sell the rest.

Im 29 and love kicks, always have...always will. Cant see myself in anything else than a T shirt, jeans or shorts and some kicks.

Just re-evaluate your collection and see which pair you can do with out and sell those pairs.

If you really love shoes keep em...you might regret selling later.

im 33 myself i have about 60+ pairs, currently im still collecting and
rocking j's luckily there hasn't been any good js released. my last
pair i bought were the penny eggplants. if u have second thoughts on missing them, i wouldnt sell them. id only sale if u need the
money. maybe for your kids college fund or mortgage payment.

I just turned 22, I think you should keep the ones you cant live without and sell the rest if you wanna make some money. Thats what I did and now Im down toabout 45 pairs, a lot of which are doubles. I dont think Im ever going to sell every shoe in my collection but one day, Im obviously going to stop coppin. Noage is ever too old my dude. Just my 2 cents.

i am also 31
but i am trying to be selective and have sold a lot of them, keeping now an essentials collection

To be honest, those are the pitfalls of collecting sneakers you rarely or never wear. I'm about 50 pairs deep as well, just that being Jordans howeverI'm a consumer so I wear all my shoes for the purpose of wearing them. However, I've only sold one pair of my Jordans and that was only the Citrus 7sbecause I really didn't care for them not to mention it was a spontaneous buy in the first place. I only buy what I like, so to be honest I would only keepthe ones I really like and sell the rest, I know that a passion for something has nothing to do with age, but when 38 and a wife and a child, in these economictimes, I would sell, but like I said only keep the ones you really want. Lets be real if you rarely wear them and their collecting dust in the closet sell,them. I see it like this when you didn't have the shoes before you still lived your life, so when their gone you won't dwell on them. Trust me,sometimes when you let things go, you will realize a new value for life, not to mention you'll have extra money to do things with your wife and child andtheirs no greater joy than that.

Originally Posted by KB8virginia

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Be selective. Easier said than done tho

That's what I was thinking.....sell most of them and retain only the ones you will really use... oh well......
That's the way to go....only keep/buy what you really want and what you'll actually wear. As far as I see it, there's no point inkeeping shoes in a box unless you're keeping them as an investment.

no hate this is just my opinion, yes you need to sell them and go foward with your life and family, u might be 50 wearing jays not a good look imo so yea gofind the nearest stacy adams retailer.

i'm 23 and don't think that i'm going to stop this habit anytime soon. like brucewayne said once a sneaker head always a sneaker head.

Im 28 with 4 boys and my wife , and still going strong, I get the bills paid, keep my ppl lookin as fresh as me from my wife,to my 10,9,2,all the way down tomy 1month old, if they're making you happy with no burdon just keep on.......
wink.gif

I'm in a similar situation my friend...

I'm 28...Married...with a 1 month old Son...and just purchased a house....

Now I sold off 90% of my collection, which was a 150 pairs deep, back in 2006 when my wife and I first started planning on getting married...Since thenI've not purchased any shoe to stock away in my closet to add to the collection...I've only purchased shoes to wear...Problem is I'm back up to 47pairs and I'm running into the same problem of not wearing them all...Oh well though it's like a drug...

At any rate I'm going to be selling off a bunch more here pretty quick and start the whole ordeal over again...Plus I need a new watch
grin.gif
laugh.gif
...Omega here I come...

Originally Posted by KB8virginia

I'm 38 years old with a loving wife and a 8 month old daughter. I have roughly 50 pairs of sneakers mostly Jordans, have Kobe's, Barkley's, Penny's you name it. I've been with the sneaker collection business for about 5 years now since I migrated to the States. Of all those 50 pairs, seldom do I use them, they're all kept in the box overcrowding my closet, and 2 other closets. This past several weeks, I've been considering/thinking about retiring from this but sometimes I just could not resist!!!! Considering my age and the current crisis, DO YOU THINK IT'S WISE TO HANG IT UP, SELL MOST OF THESE 50 PAIRS AND GET ON WITH LIFE?? But on the other hand, I might regret in the end for getting rid of my J's.... what do you guys think?? I could earn some money from this and just stop buying sneakers!! DO YOU THINK I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF? HELP ME GUYS THINK....I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP!!
Hold on to the bulk of what you have and subtract a few that might not fit you well, etc.. Going foward just hold off on purchasing any newsneakers - just remind yourself of the unworn pairs at home.

I'm 29 now and as much as I want to slow down, it's a hard thing to do. I'll have to re-evaluate this when I have kids
laugh.gif
. I envision myself giving some of my collection to my son if I have one.

I'm in the same place as you my dude. I'm 29 amd I battle myself every day on this same topic.... (especially weekends, as that's the only time Ican wear the). I'm 200+ pairs deep and I just can't seem to stop myself. So I decided that I would wear a different pair every chance I got. I mean,after all, we buy them because we think they look fresh and even more so, fresher on our feet. You should try that first. Wear them to see if the enjoyment isstill there. If it's not.................. Have a fire sale where everything must go. But be forewarned......... If you do decide to selleverything........ You'll be right back where you started. Just like it happened to vegetaray123. It's in your DNA. It's the reason you andeveryone else on this board is here; and that is because in one way, or another, we are all addicted to fresh.

Good luck homie!

Age has nothing to with doing what you love. If thats your passion then you will never be too old for it

if you got the money too support your family and everything keep ide say keep it.. if not you can get a alot of money for them

Back
Top Bottom