ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

im 25, over 250 pairs deep.....no way im giving up anything
ohwell.gif

I'm 27, gonna turn 28 in a few months, and I've been collecting seriously since probably late 05'. I've always had an interest in sneakers butI wouldn't pay attention to release dates and often enough I'd catch someone rocking some Jordans that I thought were super fresh and I'dimmediately want a pair....

Fast Forward a few years later I'm up to almost 80 pairs now and I hardly have the time and energy to keep rockin new kicks. I buy them because I love theshoes but I find myself asking myself why I keep purchasing shoes that I hardly wear/ if at all.

But I always tell my girlfriend if I ever find the passion is gone I'll sell them. Or I'll just keep them as souveniers and give them to my kids when Ido have kids....
smile.gif

Interesting topic, I'm 35 and just started to collect sneakers mostly Js and AM 2years ago. Sometime I really think its a waste of money but then again Iwill tell myself just look at it as an investment. I know I will stop one day...just don't know when.

KB8,
The wise thing to do in this situation, if you're a sz 13, is just mail them all to me. I mean, you've got a family to think about. Let's get ourpriorities straight here. Talk to your wife about it. Pray about it. I'm sure you'll do the right thing in the end. How can you be so selfish ? I'm 36, I know that one day when I grow up and turn 38, I would definately give them to a deserving upstanding citizen. Just PM me for the details. . . .. Good Luck !

COOK # 45
get fit.

I'm 28 and I had 60+ with like 40 of them Jordans. Sold just about all my Jordans in 06 trying to get out of it. Then I slowly started back to buying some.It got back up, but now I have sold down to hardly any Jordans left. I've always bought them, worn them then end up selling them later. Hard habit to quit!HAHA!

i'm 35....250+ pairs...do it as long as you can afford to..sneakers are for everyone no matter your age..
i have slowed down alot over the past 2 years but in no way have i stopped..
but i do have some doubles and stuff i will probably never wear....so thats the stuff that will be looking for a new home.. i think i will be down to about 130pair..mostly AF1..

good luck

I am 37 in the game for a minute. I have had the same thoughts. My situation is different, I have a 6 year old son. So knowing he will get my collectionmotivates me the most. It might be something if sold later, could pay for some of her college. So maybe looking at it more as an investment.

I myself am pretty much over sneakers

i will still buy here and there but at this point i want to move almost all my collection

i dont need it anymore

well while everyone thinks they are getting old ...how about someone throw me some cement 4s... in all seriousness, there is no age...theres a time and placefor everything, place for sneakers, place for shoes. Dont make a decision you will regret.

best thing to do is to sell out the jordans that dont mean much to you.......thats what i did....

KB8, I feel you. I am getting married in a few months and recently moved into a new condo last year. I didn't think my fiancee realized how many shoes Idid have. I had to sell about 3/4 of my collection simply because of space limitations, but the money was able to help me put down my condo down payment, buyan engagement ring, set aside $ for wedding costs, pay off a car and pay off two credit cards (in which sneakers probably entailed most of the debt - lol).

Like most folks said on here, just think long and hard before pulling the trigger on selling. I had a handful in mind that I thought I was going to part withthat when it came down to it, I just couldn't let them go. Right now I only have a couple regrets, but in the end I am really happy with my current"downsized" collection and where all the $ ended up. I'll miss walking into a room and "re-discovering" a pair of kicks, but its alsonice to know all that you have.

its good to see older heads in here.
if you need the $ then trim the collection.
if not,you should try to wear them more so u can appreciate them.

i'm 37 and was 300 deep a year and a half ago. gave a ttl of 120+ pairs away to deserving people and kept the rest. your attitude of what to pick up is thekey to it all. i'm no longer impulsive to pick up everything i see with or without wife and kids. i think every shoehead has or will come to that pointwhere they have to evaluate why they are collecting. like it was stated in prior posts, its in your DNA! hard to turn the motor off after all this time.

I am 32 and my thing is you love what you love..............could be shoes,cars,clubin whatever.................the way I look at it is everybody has a hobbyor passion no matter there age.....I love sneakers and probably always will.....I dont think I will ever completly stop....slow down..yeah................Iknow for a fact if I sold mine off I would regret every bit of it.......Now if I had a second passion or hobby,I could probably pull it off..........But sincemy second passion is cars,I got to hold off until im rich......You have to ask yourself ,What else can I do with my free time and extra money......If you havesomething else you can do and enjoy,it might be time for you.....And also if you can stay away from NIKETALK and MALLS..........If not....keep it goin

I'm 30, and have been collecting for many yrs now. The most pairs I ever had was about 50 and now I have only about 25. I sold a lot of the kicks that Ididn't like much and kept only what I really liked (mainly Jordans). So I would say to "downsize" your collection to what you really want and youwon't have any regrets of selling a certain shoe.

Well I'm 40 and still going. You just have to think a little more when your older.
I mean if my 2 kids need something for school or shoes themselves, well the family comes first. As long as the bills and family are taken care of first. Thenif there is a little left over I get a pair of kicks. You just become more selective and a little less impulsive.
So don't stop because of age. Stop if you can't afford it.

Bruh... Trust me when I say... If you are not affecting your family negatively i.e. no food on the table, no clothes on their backs, a roof on their head andbills are paid... then you should keep doing you.

If any of those things are affected than you should reset priorities. I myself lost alot and regained more than I thought I could as soon as I did.. thanks todiscounts, and good friends still at the Swoosh. Will I stop? F to the no...

I will always know I have NT and other websites I can get rid of 98% of my kicks to if I should need that option. Til then.. I'll keep acquiring and me andthe kids will keep enjoying.

*Note*

It's always good to see the old heads like us checkin in. Shoes aint just for kids... its for their parents too..

im 28 with over 170 pairs. i think i'm gonna start downsizing soon.
i have some retro+ colorways and doubles that i feel i don't need
anymore, but i'll never sell my whole collection

interesting topic.

im a few years shy of 30, and as i was cleaning my condo last night, I realized that I need to start downsizing the collection due to the space limitations ofa condo. right now i have about 2 closets, completely stacked with shoeboxes...i decided, sooner rather than later, im going to have to consolidate everythinginto 1 closet and sell off the rest...i like the idea how someone earlier mentioned they used the money made on selling their kicks for other areas in his/herlife (a downpayment, engagement ring, credit card bills, etc, etc.).

although ill be downsizing, i dont think ill ever stop...slow it down, yes...but wont completely put an end to this addiction

Back
Top Bottom