ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

nice to see some one in their late 30s collecting. i am 37 and ive been collecting since i was a freshman in high school and got my very first pair of jordans(black and blue 1's) since then i have added more than 450 pairs of jordans, agassi, air maxes..etc. the way i look at it is if you can support yourfamily, pay your bills, keep on collecting. i know people my age (and older) that collect all kinds of things from star wars action figures to classic cars. sokeep collecting and wear your shoes!!! i rock a different pair of jordans to work everyday .

You're never too old for anything..Sneaker collecting is an addiction and there will always be a nice release that comes out in the future that you want toget.

I started really young...

Back in 1989, a 2nd grader, i had a strong passion for flashy tennis shoes
(influenced by my older peers at church, i owe my fondness to them).

What began as something i looked forward to at the begining of the school year,
grew into a hobby within a years time.

By the 5th grade, i had jordans, bo jacksons, huaraches, flights... a new pair of
shoes every 2-3 months/hand-me-downs (and i always purchased shoes at least half a size to a
size bigger so i could rock them locker, since i was still maturing/growing).

Middle school went by, highschool went by... never got into anything else but
shoes (and music). I'd have the worst outfits ever... but the coolest shoes in the
classroom. Consistently.

After age 21, i ceased for a few years. I went on my "60 dollars and under tennis shoes"
crunch because the sneaker game became trite as it did expensive.

A couple years later, I told myself before transferring to a university that i would definitely
be done with the sneaker collection game.

Because of financial aid residuals and fellow collegiate peers and the fact that i become
influenced very easily...

I got back into the kick game.

I'm 27 now. Working class citizen who allocates a portion of his budget to new tennis
shoes. No doubt.

WIll i stop?

Even with the pestering of practical friends and naysayers alike?

No. Not any time soon. Buying shoes is now a lifestyle choice for me. It's essentially
engrained in my psyche... my DNA.

And that's not something you can simply eliminate by choice.

I'm now down to a pair or two a month (a many by grown man standards)...

But i like what i like and new shoes make me feel supreme.

I rock everything and take pride in my craft.

This is BinYe Eastein and i am a certified sneaker freak.

Cop it 'til my bank account hits zero.

YEE!!!

A tad older than me
smile.gif

Speaking for myself, as long as my priorities are straight I'll continue to buy what I like. I haven't dropped a dime on J's since the XI/XII CDPpack. With all this crazy hot garbage thats been released by JB its been purdy easy. Although, I have converted back to buying more Nike's thananything
wink.gif
I guess its true what some say? Gotta substitute 1 for theother
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im 29 and love kicks, always have...always will. Cant see myself in anything else than a T shirt, jeans or shorts and some kicks.

Just re-evaluate your collection and see which pair you can do with out and sell those pairs.

If you really love shoes keep em...you might regret selling later.
I think so too. The only shoes I sell are ones I know I'm not gonna regret later on.

i didn't read all the post either than the first one, but all i gotta say is keep going bro. the only advice i can give is this, if you're into thescene but your whole thought process is to collect rather than wear, then you should stop now. passion will surpass age in this industry. personally, i'llbe wearing sneakers till im dead, no lie. the passion for buying sneakers will never get old. what changes is our passion as we get older, but if our heart andmind is in the right place then nothing gets old.

My dad is in his 40s and he still wears Jordans. He retired from the shoe game about 3-4 years ago. Sold most of his AF1s for a lot of $$$, kept his Kobe'sand LeBrons (the only thing he still collects) and Jordans. His favorite is the AJ III and can still remember being the first on his block in the Bronx withthe I's when they first released. He still tells me everyone's reaction when they found out how much they cost. He doesn't like most of the stuffthat's out now, the game is watered down IHO. Keep what you have because its going to be harder to get them back if you ever change your mind especiallywith the current state of hype surrounding older Jordans, Nike's, etc.

As long as your love of shoes doesn't interfere with your family and what's more important, keep at it. There aren't many things that we can saythat we have a passion for anymore.

^^^Agreed. When it's really all said and done though. It's just a hobby! But if I had to let it go; I would in a heartbeat. No question. Sure I'llmiss them but they're just sneakers. If collecting kicks is still fun and you still enjoy it then don't stop. My 2 cents. ~1

A bruh, I'll be 33 this Sunday and I think about that all the time, I'm the only one out of all my friends and family that gives a $#!+ about shoes(only J's in my case). Unfortunately cuz of these tuff times I've had to sell about 15 pairs just to pay the bill's, but it breaks my heart everytime I got to let 'em go. I don't know about you but I wear all my shoes,each and every one, I don't have not one pair dead stock. Bottom line isI still love my shoes and I love to wear them even at my age, but I can't say how I'd fell 5 year's from now. Anyway if you don't wear them,then yeah sell them, but one day you might need some cash and having J's in your closet is kinda like sittin' on money..................unless yourJ's are all fusion's and dub zeroe's.

if u realy want to get rid of them...as many have said be selective...keep some grails and anything u just cant get around getting rid of

Don't do anything you'll regret.
Part of being an adult is wearing what you want, and not letting others dictate your style or interest. Once video games were only considered for young kids,now you have people of all ages playing them.
Just make sure you're selective, you can't be wearing Wolverine Dunk's or somethin.

hey Bro.,im 40 yrs old married and 2 kids,I've been an AirJordan fanatic since 1988,dont feel bad about your shoes,make sure you take care of yourfamily,you can sell some of it if you feel the "GUILT",wear your shoes and be proud of it.

I feel your situation. I am 32 years old, married, and two young kids and have always been into shoes, but really started collecting since 2000. I am down toabout 65 or so deadstock pairs of jordans, nike bball and running shoes, etc. I've probably sold off over 70 pairs of random shoes over the years. I keeptrying to quit the game, but just can't help myself. I have become much more selective and only buy particular shoes, focusing more on nike air max runningshoes. I've sold off a lot of great shoes, but I've come to the point that I will always be a shoehead no matter what. I have learned to keep only afew pair of shoes and my plan is to eventually sell off everything else. I don't feel that I'm getting too old for shoes, but I just don't have theopportunity to wear my shoes, because I'm a teacher and I can only wear sneakers on fridays. So, my problem is that they aren't being used enough tojustify keeping all of them. And of course, shoes can't last forever. I would love to keep many of them for my 1 year old son, but shoes were eventuallyfall apart after some time. Better off selling them off, before they are useless.

man im glad to see there are older folk here, im about to be 30 and i thought i was the oldest one in here, as for the post I was going thru the same situationI looked at my collection about 50+ deep in J's and lebron's af1's and really looked at them and asked myself do I really need these?? so I wentand sold the ones I dont wear and some bullcrap color scheme that JB came up with I"m happy with what I did, still got some heat tho.

happy.gif
WOW! I thought this topic is closed already. Thank you very much for all the suggestions and advice. I'm just keeping the J's that MJ wore duringregular season games and playoffs, other colorways I sold them to buy the Kobes and Lebrons.....Just bought the TB 3's by the way!!!!

Back
Top Bottom