AFC Divisional Game: New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Sunday Jan 16,4:30 PM on CBS)

laugh.gif
game will be fun-

let em yap...we are cruising - i was a lil worried about the point spread but I have no doubt we will end the Jets season this weekend

taking PMs if any of yall are about that life

tom-brady-scooter.jpg

laugh.gif
game will be fun-

let em yap...we are cruising - i was a lil worried about the point spread but I have no doubt we will end the Jets season this weekend

taking PMs if any of yall are about that life

tom-brady-scooter.jpg

was he alone? or like is his kid at least somewhere there?

i can't imagine him just going out for a ride by himself
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

By Matt Williamson
Scouts Inc.
[table][tr][td]New York at New England[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]When: 4:30 PM ET
Watch: CBS
Preview
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Scouts Inc. Position Advantage[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]RB[/td][td]WR[/td][td]OL[/td][td]DL[/td][td]LB[/td][td]DB[/td][td]ST[/td][td]Coach[/td][/tr][tr][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Jets-Patriots matchup.

1. Prepare for Goliath: The Patriots ended the season with an eight-game winning streak and were undefeated at home. The Patriots also scored a whopping 205 more points than they allowed in 2010 -- by far the best mark in the league. They are 6-1 against 2010 playoff teams. New York has lost only two games on the road this season. The Jets beat New England in Week 2, but in the most recent meeting (Week 13), the Pats utterly dominated play, eventually winning 45-3. In both games, the losing team turned the ball over three times and the winning team did not have a turnover. The Patriots were best in the NFL at valuing the ball, committing only 10 turnovers. And only the Giants had more takeaways than New England. The Jets get the edge here on special teams, but that advantage is marginal.

2. Defend the entire field: New England is fantastic at dictating matchups through formation and personnel. And the Pats throw a wide variety of personnel groupings at a defense. They are also tremendous at attacking horizontally with a precision passing attack that Tom Brady orchestrates with surgeonlike skill. The Jets' defense allowed just 6.5 yards per passing attempt this season and held Peyton Manning to 225 yards through the air last week, but this test will be much more difficult.

3. Disrupt throwing lanes: Although the Patriots will attack the entire field, they focus on the short and intermediate middle of the field. A problem with targeting that area is that defensive linemen can be very disruptive of throwing lanes and can deflect passes easier. Getting to Brady is difficult, but the Jets' defensive front must be very consistent in getting its hands up and being mindful of disturbing lanes.

4. Get Sanchez comfortable: Mark Sanchez misses too many throws, and up until the final drive last week, he played a very poor game versus Indianapolis. New England's pass defense has greatly improved since the beginning of the season and is much better when it blitzes. Opposing tight ends have done very little versus the Pats, but Dustin Keller is Sanchez's safety blanket and will probably be a featured target. That might favor New England. It would be a mistake to overlook how dangerous Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards can be. But Sanchez could do nothing downfield a week ago. The Patriots do have one of the most promising young cornerbacks in Devin McCourty.

5. Matchup to watch: Jets C Nick Mangold versus Patriots NT Vince Wilfork: The Patriots' line uses Wilfork at both nose tackle and end, but his skill set is that of a nose tackle. And he might be the best 3-4 nose tackle in the league. Mangold is the best center in all of football -- by a wide margin. And he might have been the best player on the field last week for either team. This battle will be instrumental in determining the effectiveness of New York's interior run. The Jets averaged 4.4 yards per carry during the regular season.

6. Stop the run: The Jets rushed for 169 yards last week, but it won't come as easy in New England. LaDainian Tomlinson looked much more explosive and quick than he did toward the end of the regular season. He also is still a very effective receiver out of the backfield and could find favorable matchups against the Patriots' heavier linebackers. New England has not allowed many long runs this season, but it needs to improve against running backs as receiving options. Shonn Greene should receive about half the carries. Greene is more of a pounder but is somewhat of a liability in the passing game. New York has run for 288 yards against the Pats this season.

7. Keep Brady unscathed: Brady is a difficult quarterback to sack, and the Jets do not have one superb pass-rusher at their disposal. New York had only one sack last week. The Patriots' protection is exceptional, and Brady is unbelievable with his ability to maneuver around the pocket to buy time while still focusing his attention downfield. Brady has been incredibly good versus the blitz, and New York chose not to blitz Manning often last week.

8. Stay away from Revis: Darrelle Revis held Reggie Wayne to a single catch for a measly 1 yard last week. The Jets have enough cover men to target, so don't expect the Pats to test Revis. Antonio Cromartie is much better in press man coverage than off coverage. He is a superb talent, but doesn't like to tackle and is susceptible to double moves. As a whole, even though they employ as many as seven defensive backs on the field, the Jets are not really deep with quality cover men. That is a massive problem against New England.

9. Keep 'em honest with the run: The Patriots are an excellent timely running team. They employ two very different runners in BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead. New York was among the best run-stopping defenses in the regular season, allowing just 3.6 yards per carry. LB Bart Scott is the Jets' defensive leader. He has played great this season and was exceptional in Indianapolis. But New York was very susceptible to play-action last week. Expect Brady to try to exploit this as Manning did.

10. Matchup to watch: Patriots tight ends versus Jets head coach Rex Ryan: No team in the league uses its tight ends like New England. The Patriots go three deep with Aaron Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski and Alge Crumpler -- and these three players have very different skill sets. How Ryan labels each of these players will be crucial, as will how he accounts for the multitude of sets his team will face. If he labels these TEs wrong -- or even if he labels them correctly -- New England is very capable of changing formations to dictate coverages to Brady's liking based on the variety of skills that its tight ends bring to the table. It is almost an unwinnable situation for a defense.

[table][tr][td]Prediction[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]New York 17
New England 35[/td][/tr][/table]

By Matt Williamson
Scouts Inc.
[table][tr][td]New York at New England[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]When: 4:30 PM ET
Watch: CBS
Preview
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Scouts Inc. Position Advantage[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]RB[/td][td]WR[/td][td]OL[/td][td]DL[/td][td]LB[/td][td]DB[/td][td]ST[/td][td]Coach[/td][/tr][tr][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nyj.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_nwe.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Jets-Patriots matchup.

1. Prepare for Goliath: The Patriots ended the season with an eight-game winning streak and were undefeated at home. The Patriots also scored a whopping 205 more points than they allowed in 2010 -- by far the best mark in the league. They are 6-1 against 2010 playoff teams. New York has lost only two games on the road this season. The Jets beat New England in Week 2, but in the most recent meeting (Week 13), the Pats utterly dominated play, eventually winning 45-3. In both games, the losing team turned the ball over three times and the winning team did not have a turnover. The Patriots were best in the NFL at valuing the ball, committing only 10 turnovers. And only the Giants had more takeaways than New England. The Jets get the edge here on special teams, but that advantage is marginal.

2. Defend the entire field: New England is fantastic at dictating matchups through formation and personnel. And the Pats throw a wide variety of personnel groupings at a defense. They are also tremendous at attacking horizontally with a precision passing attack that Tom Brady orchestrates with surgeonlike skill. The Jets' defense allowed just 6.5 yards per passing attempt this season and held Peyton Manning to 225 yards through the air last week, but this test will be much more difficult.

3. Disrupt throwing lanes: Although the Patriots will attack the entire field, they focus on the short and intermediate middle of the field. A problem with targeting that area is that defensive linemen can be very disruptive of throwing lanes and can deflect passes easier. Getting to Brady is difficult, but the Jets' defensive front must be very consistent in getting its hands up and being mindful of disturbing lanes.

4. Get Sanchez comfortable: Mark Sanchez misses too many throws, and up until the final drive last week, he played a very poor game versus Indianapolis. New England's pass defense has greatly improved since the beginning of the season and is much better when it blitzes. Opposing tight ends have done very little versus the Pats, but Dustin Keller is Sanchez's safety blanket and will probably be a featured target. That might favor New England. It would be a mistake to overlook how dangerous Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards can be. But Sanchez could do nothing downfield a week ago. The Patriots do have one of the most promising young cornerbacks in Devin McCourty.

5. Matchup to watch: Jets C Nick Mangold versus Patriots NT Vince Wilfork: The Patriots' line uses Wilfork at both nose tackle and end, but his skill set is that of a nose tackle. And he might be the best 3-4 nose tackle in the league. Mangold is the best center in all of football -- by a wide margin. And he might have been the best player on the field last week for either team. This battle will be instrumental in determining the effectiveness of New York's interior run. The Jets averaged 4.4 yards per carry during the regular season.

6. Stop the run: The Jets rushed for 169 yards last week, but it won't come as easy in New England. LaDainian Tomlinson looked much more explosive and quick than he did toward the end of the regular season. He also is still a very effective receiver out of the backfield and could find favorable matchups against the Patriots' heavier linebackers. New England has not allowed many long runs this season, but it needs to improve against running backs as receiving options. Shonn Greene should receive about half the carries. Greene is more of a pounder but is somewhat of a liability in the passing game. New York has run for 288 yards against the Pats this season.

7. Keep Brady unscathed: Brady is a difficult quarterback to sack, and the Jets do not have one superb pass-rusher at their disposal. New York had only one sack last week. The Patriots' protection is exceptional, and Brady is unbelievable with his ability to maneuver around the pocket to buy time while still focusing his attention downfield. Brady has been incredibly good versus the blitz, and New York chose not to blitz Manning often last week.

8. Stay away from Revis: Darrelle Revis held Reggie Wayne to a single catch for a measly 1 yard last week. The Jets have enough cover men to target, so don't expect the Pats to test Revis. Antonio Cromartie is much better in press man coverage than off coverage. He is a superb talent, but doesn't like to tackle and is susceptible to double moves. As a whole, even though they employ as many as seven defensive backs on the field, the Jets are not really deep with quality cover men. That is a massive problem against New England.

9. Keep 'em honest with the run: The Patriots are an excellent timely running team. They employ two very different runners in BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead. New York was among the best run-stopping defenses in the regular season, allowing just 3.6 yards per carry. LB Bart Scott is the Jets' defensive leader. He has played great this season and was exceptional in Indianapolis. But New York was very susceptible to play-action last week. Expect Brady to try to exploit this as Manning did.

10. Matchup to watch: Patriots tight ends versus Jets head coach Rex Ryan: No team in the league uses its tight ends like New England. The Patriots go three deep with Aaron Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski and Alge Crumpler -- and these three players have very different skill sets. How Ryan labels each of these players will be crucial, as will how he accounts for the multitude of sets his team will face. If he labels these TEs wrong -- or even if he labels them correctly -- New England is very capable of changing formations to dictate coverages to Brady's liking based on the variety of skills that its tight ends bring to the table. It is almost an unwinnable situation for a defense.

[table][tr][td]Prediction[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]New York 17
New England 35[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
damn i thought that pic had been around already...it was on all the local papers and blogs and stuff

but yea he always is out on Boston Common with his wife/kids -

e76cf4_thebradys01052011.jpg

laugh.gif
damn i thought that pic had been around already...it was on all the local papers and blogs and stuff

but yea he always is out on Boston Common with his wife/kids -

e76cf4_thebradys01052011.jpg

What shoes is Tom wearing there? :nerdface

And I've never mentioned this on NT before but for years I've thought Brady looks like CatDog...
laugh.gif
anyone else see it? (especially in his nfl.com player photo.)

And I've never mentioned this on NT before but for years I've thought Brady looks like CatDog...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
friend said jordan air force ones 80

and what the hell is a catdog? is it an actual character, or just a cat/dog?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Son, I am dissapoint.

catdog.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Son, I am dissapoint.

catdog.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Son, I am dissapoint.

catdog.gif
what the hell is that?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Son, I am dissapoint.

catdog.gif
what the hell is that?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom