African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

IJS the feminist movement aint none of Black folks business IMHO.

Not back then and not now.

Which black feminist in all black miliary gear, black gloves and boots hurt you?

This man got interrogated for 2 minutes by Sista Soulja now hes going a 5 day rant trying to discredit an epic movie about a strong black woman.:lol:

Last edited:
I can promise you all, that I didn’t need a white woman to tell me I’m oppressed as a woman. Life quickly shows us that we are doubly oppressed as Black women.

Black women don’t need to cling to “white feminism,” but to not have our own is foolish. There are parts of this world where my Blackness doesn’t matter, in that it doesn’t make me inferior. I cannot say the same for my womanhood.

Too late homie

They've integrated black women into the corporate structure and made them the top income earner in our race

I dont know why but this comment made me. :rofl:

Im sure black women studying their asses off and having to do twice the work of white men just to get their foot in the door had nothing to do with it.....while still earning less.

I can promise you all, that I didn’t need a white woman to tell me I’m oppressed as a woman. Life quickly shows us that we are doubly oppressed as Black women.

Black women don’t need to cling to “white feminism,” but to not have our own is foolish. There are parts of this world where my Blackness doesn’t matter, in that it doesn’t make me inferior. I cannot say the same for my womanhood.

Black misogynists are just attaching white women to it in order to discredit very valid gripes black women have about their treatment in society. Black feminism and antisexist movement can exist outside of whiteness.

These idiots do the same thing with the LGBT community. By saying its a "white thing".

Last edited:
IJS the feminist movement aint none of Black folks business IMHO.

Not back then and not now.
What is that even supposed to mean?

Are we supposed to ignore that women led pre-colonial African empires? Are we supposed to ignore the impact that African women have had in all facets of African history, past and present?

The door that you think this movie is opening has been opened centuries ago.

Which black feminist in all black miliary gear, black gloves and boots hurt you?

This man got interrogated for 2 minutes by Sista Soulja now hes going a 5 day rant trying to discredit an epic movie about a strong black woman.:lol:
I hope he doesn't have the idea to go back to the motherland to grab one of those "traditional" African women, because they're the ones that are gonna take him to the cleaners :lol:

Women will not replace us!!!!
B.tches...I mean Women will not replace us!!!!!

Go back and study the origins of the feminist movement and what its done since.

Not sure why you're talking about everything but the subject.

"Women led pre colonial African empires" in what way Fam?

Are you from the continent?

Are you an authority on the subject?

Do you have any links / supporting evidence from a credible source that states "Women led pre colonial African empires" as a general statement or are we maximizing the minimum here?

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt...what do Pre Colonial African Empires have to do with feminism?

Do you think those woman would align themselves with modern day feminism?

If you fellas are feminists / believe in feminism then that's your business.

Doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:
I dont know why but this comment made me. :rofl:

Im sure black women studying their asses off and having to do twice the work of white men just to get their foot in the door had nothing to do with it.....while still earning less.
So black men haven't been studying their asses off and working ten times as hard as white men to have the door slammed in their faces, while being systemically incarcerated and strategically removed from the home?

Black women are also incarcerated at a much higher rate than white women, yet as a whole they achieve more academically than white women.

Stop using black women's accomplishments as an excuse for your shortcomings. :lol:

Black women are also incarcerated at a much higher rate than white women, yet as a whole they achieve more academically than white women.

Stop using black women's accomplishments as an excuse for your shortcomings. :lol:
Where did you read that in anything I typed?
Where did I blame black women for black men being incarcerated?
I clearly noted that I'm married to a HBCU educated black woman so what are my shortcomings?

You need to reverse that crap you spewed at me and tell black women and tell yourself to quit blaming black men for their lack of material wealth and "prestige" in this country?

Tell me what job a black man has kept a black woman from attaining?
What predatory lending laws did black men put in place to keep a black woman from purchasing a home?
What black man created the corporate dress code and told a black woman she couldn't wear braids at work?
What black man told black women they didn't have the right to vote?

"They've
Where did you read that in anything I typed?
Where did I blame black women for black men being incarcerated?
I clearly noted that I'm married to a HBCU educated black woman so what are my shortcomings?

You need to reverse that crap you spewed at me and tell black women and tell yourself to quit blaming black men for their lack of material wealth and "prestige" in this country?

Tell me what job a black man has kept a black woman from attaining?
What predatory lending laws did black men put in place to keep a black woman from purchasing a home?
What black man created the corporate dress code and told a black woman she couldn't wear braids at work?
What black man told black women they didn't have the right to vote?

Lol more excuses.

Black women have to deal with BOTH racism AND sexism in the work place. Ive witnessed this personally. Take your shortcomings up with white men and leave black women out of it. :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

"They've

Lol more excuses.

Black women have to deal with BOTH racism AND sexism in the work place. Ive witnessed this personally. Take your shortcomings up with white men and leave black women out of it. :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:
You keep making it seem as though I'm blaming black women for something, and you keep making it personal and for what reason I don't know?

Lol and bdw at top white collar corporate positions black men still out number black women.

In medicine there are more black men in competitive fields and leadership positions than black women.

A black man had a better chance of becoming president than a black woman.

Black men got the right to vote before black women.

Im sorry Jim but i dont believe your assertion that black men have it worse than black women.

There is more mobility for black males within law firms. More high profile cases are given to black males over black women.

The list goes on and on, black women doing their best to overcome sexism and racism must be anxiety provoking for LOW VALUE males.

I'm discussing black love, not black levels

The low value male comment lets me know I'm right about who I figured I was communicating with

Goodnight high value deusavertat

I'm discussing black love, not black levels

The low value male comment lets me know I'm right about who I figured I was communicating with

You were discussing black love by attributing black women's accomplishments to white men rather than their own hard work? :rofl:

Thats an interesting way of showing love. Go home and be a family man.

Are you from the continent?
This is where I'm from:

1663209249103.png

"Women led pre colonial African empires" in what way Fam?
Google could help you with that. It could help you answer the question "are there black female presidents anywhere in the world?"

Do you think those woman would align themselves with modern day feminism?

Were those women more or less free than today's African women? Can you formulate the conditions that gave rise to African feminism? Do you know that there is such a thing as African feminism, and do you know that it is not necessarily defined by the same variables that led to the rise of the women's movement in the West?

Westerners didn't practice FGM; they didn't practice forced marriages; they didn't allow the husband's family to be involved in his marital affairs and to take over the husband's assets upon his death, at the expense of his children and spouse.
In the culture I'm from, the oldest son inherits everything the father leaves behind. In the case of the chief, his wives are included in the inheritance. Nowadays it's symbolic, but that's still weird AF. One consequence of that is, a woman who couldn't bear a son for her husband was seen in a very unfavorable way; back then, she would be treated as if she were cursed, and not having boys was a good reason for the husband to get a second wife (polygamy is legal, and it comes with its own bag of issues). The need for a male heir is one of those beliefs my people still held onto very strongly when I was young. I got a couple of aunts who got three girls before they eventually birthed boys to satisfy my uncles.

Would these women, taken 3-4 centuries into a world where feminism would give them the option to live outside of the constraints placed on them by a culture like mine, support it?

I don't know. Does any of the stuff tradition places on their shoulders sound likeable to you?

You were discussing black love by attributing black women's accomplishments to white men rather than their own hard work? :rofl:

Thats an interesting way of showing love. Go home and be a family man.
Thats not what I did
Thats how you interpreted it
Then you went on a rant based on your bad interpretation

From now on I'm addressing you as HVD

Thats not what I did
Thats how you interpreted it
Then you went on a rant based on your bad interpretation

From now on I'm addressing you as HVD

Then please elaborate on what you meant because it sounds like youre trying to backtrack. What did you mean? Im giving you another chance to explain what you meant by that comment.

Common tactic when people get exposed for their ********. 8):rofl:

These comments by insecure men is EXACTLY why movies like this are important. These incels cant wrap their head around a black woman with that much authority. :lol:

This is where I'm from:

1663209249103.png

Google could help you with that. It could help you answer the question "are there black female presidents anywhere in the world?"

Were those women more or less free than today's African women? Can you formulate the conditions that gave rise to African feminism? Do you know that there is such a thing as African feminism, and do you know that it is not necessarily defined by the same variables that led to the rise of the women's movement in the West?

Westerners didn't practice FGM; they didn't practice forced marriages; they didn't allow the husband's family to be involved in his marital affairs and to take over the husband's assets upon his death, at the expense of his children and spouse.
In the culture I'm from, the oldest son inherits everything the father leaves behind. In the case of the chief, his wives are included in the inheritance. Nowadays it's symbolic, but that's still weird AF. One consequence of that is, a woman who couldn't bear a son for her husband was seen in a very unfavorable way; back then, she would be treated as if she were cursed, and not having boys was a good reason for the husband to get a second wife (polygamy is legal, and it comes with its own bag of issues). The need for a male heir is one of those beliefs my people still held onto very strongly when I was young. I got a couple of aunts who got three girls before they eventually birthed boys to satisfy my uncles.

Would these women, taken 3-4 centuries into a world where feminism would give them the option to live outside of the constraints placed on them by a culture like mine, support it?

I don't know. Does any of the stuff tradition places on their shoulders sound likeable to you?

How did we go from "Women led pre colonial African empires" to modern day "Female Presidents"?

How did we go from "Modern Day Feminism" to "African Feminism"?

Did African Feminists make a movie about white women in Europe siting at the Round Table wearing armor & going over battle tactics in Camelot?

Not sure we are having the same conversation anymore.

Anyway...

What culture / country are you from?

I'll research it out of my own curiosity and get back to you.

"Would these women, taken 3-4 centuries into a world where feminism would give them the option to live outside of the constraints placed on them by a culture like mine, support it?"

400 years is a long time and I cant speak for a culture that isn't my own.

What I disagree with is " feminism would give them the option to live outside of the constraints".

Modern day feminism absolutely does not give black women "the option to live outside of the constraints placed on them by a culture like mine" because I'm American and a Black man.

Black men in the US have never had the power to "constrain" anyone from doing anything in this country.

Feminism certainly hasn't given Black women the "the option to live outside of the constraints placed on them" by white folks.

I couldn't (and have no business) assuming anything about my own ancestors and what they would do if thrust 400 years into the future...let alone yours.

Sounds like you believe your ancestors would align themselves with modern day feminism. I hope mine wouldn't.

Sounds like you believe your ancestors would align themselves with white women's narratives vs facts. I hope mine wouldn't.

Sounds like you believe your ancestors would be Ok with this movie.

If that's the case then that's cool and all, everyone is entitled to their own POV.

All I know is the numbers don't lie.

If Black Women benefitted so much from Modern Day Feminism in the United States, the numbers certainly don't show it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom