African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

I don't even know...

You do realize that you sound just like these folks who tell Black people that their appearance has to conform to that of the majority in order to succeed in corporate America, don't you?

About the geography: do you feel sympathy for gentrifiers when they move in the neighborhood and proceed to change the street and landmark names because "it's less confusing to them," regardless of the history that goes with those places?

Or maybe you're just trolling.
Eh, not my intention. I’m just saying a official language should be put in place. In China the official language is mandarin. Yeah you can and should know your side stuff, but mandarin should be the language taught in schools. I embrace and promote diversity/individualism (I hate dress codes), but I also think there should be a commonality put in place.

Once again I don’t propose erasing history, I propose coming together and creating a new one. I think that places like China are able to come in and slowly morph **** until their unliking b/c of this lack of commonality and in a they’re curating a blueprint. A blueprint others on african nations will follow and will use to exploit the African continent.

Not trolling.

Edit:
If it makes u feel better I think the u.s. should give Alaska to the Indigenous ppl or sell it to Canada.

Last edited:
marikomorose marikomorose you sound arrogant and grossly ignorant. You ever been to Africa? Do you speak any African languages?

Who are you to impose commonality on the most genetically and culturally diverse continent on the planet?

Don't you think you should be more informed at the very least before you propose anything to Africans?

It’s divided to damn near a molecular level and until the continent fixes that it’ll never thrive. There’s 54 countries. From the outside looking in I think there should at least be half of that and way less languages, and a official language taught in each nations school. Communication is key.

This is one of the most ignorant things I've seen posted on NT in a minute.

It's pretty ignorant to think that Africa is supposed to be united and all the countries "Have to" work together to have some sort of infrastucture....

for example I don't think of USA, CANADA, MEXICO, and CENTRAL AMERICA as exactly being united even though it's North America....

BTW I'm not African American I just peruse the General thread.

marikomorose marikomorose you sound arrogant and grossly ignorant. 1. You ever been to Africa? 2. Do you speak any African languages?

3. Who are you to impose commonality on the most genetically and culturally diverse continent on the planet?

4. Don't you think you should be more informed at the very least before you propose anything to Africans?

5. This is one of the most ignorant things I've seen posted on NT in a minute.
1. No.
2.I speak English.
3. Some random person w/ a opinion.
4. May you inform me.
5. Depending on what you’ve come across this is subjective.
It's pretty ignorant to think that Africa is supposed to be united and all the countries "Have to" work together to have some sort of infrastucture....

for example I don't think of USA, CANADA, MEXICO, and CENTRAL AMERICA as exactly being united even though it's North America....

BTW I'm not African American I just peruse the General thread.
Show my where I put “supposed to be united” or “have to” and I’ll stick a knife in my thigh and upload it on here. Seriously. I will.

And back in the 16th century up until whenever. The u.s.a. we know today was territory based. The french, British, and Spanish owned those territories. The North American regions wouldn’t where they are today like 2 outta the 3 being 1st world countries had the remained being broken into parts like that. Unity is important.

And say what you want about colonization, but it’s apart of the natural cycle. There will species that benefit from and species don’t. Is it fair? Maybe, depends on your outlook. I don’t think communities should be destroyed to build highways, and I also don’t think those communities should have been there in the 1st place b/c the homes the of raccoons, spiders, deers, and **** was destroyed for said community to be there.

I’m not a African American either btw.

marikomorose marikomorose

Let's put aside the technical impracticality of your idea for a minute.

Language is an integral part of one's identity, which is why trying to eliminate the practice of a particular language is seen as the first step towards genocide (see the treatment of Kurds in Turkey, or Tibetans and Uyghurs in China).

Furthermore, your idea has been tried before. It's the reason why most of Africa speaks French, English, and Arabic. It's why there are only 54 countries on the continent. And yet, the mere fact that you can split current Africa into three main linguistic zones has not been cited as a factor for development.

And say what you want about colonization, but it’s apart of the natural cycle. There will species that benefit from and species don’t. Is it fair? Maybe, depends on your outlook. I don’t think communities should be destroyed to build highways, and I also don’t think those communities should have been there in the 1st place b/c the homes the of raccoons, spiders, deers, and **** was destroyed for said community to be there.

This paragraph is problematic on so many levels.

marikomorose marikomorose

My man, I dig a lot of **** that you say and do, but right here you are buggin'...:lol:

That said, it kinda proves what has been done to human beings on the whole through the normalization of oppression.

That it is natural. You gotta remember who did it first, and then why. There is nothing natural about what they've done.
I do agree w/ you on that, but I also view colonization as a form of conquering. A more cowardice form cloaked in dishonesty, but conquering none the less. A legitimate system has been put in b/c of and thrives on colonization. I see it everyday on a smaller scale form called gentrification, and since this is a black thread I’ll focus on it happening in black neighborhoods. Gentrification happens in black neighborhoods do to a lack of knowledge, heightened oppression, and a lack of unity.

I do agree w/ you on that, but I also view colonization as a form of conquering. A more cowardice form cloaked in dishonesty, but conquering none the less. A legitimate system has been put in b/c of and thrives on colonization. I see it everyday on a smaller scale form called gentrification, and since this is a black thread I’ll focus on it happening in black neighborhoods. Gentrification happens in black neighborhoods do to a lack of knowledge, heightened oppression, and a lack of unity.
It is conquering, however the result has been an entire planet suffering toward extinction.

It is conquering, however the result has been an entire planet suffering toward extinction.
Due to the clutch control white supremacy has on the world. Could that not be prevented by unifying? And once I am proposing to dissolve the existing identities of Africa. My proposal is to bridge and form more commonalities. I witness and hear the effects of division amongst blacks just about everywhere I go due to a lack of a common and even ground.

Due to the clutch control white supremacy has on the world. Could that not be prevented by unifying? And once I am proposing to dissolve the existing identities of Africa. My proposal is to bridge and form more commonalities. I witness and hear the effects of division amongst blacks just about everywhere I go due to a lack of a common and even ground.
I see. I don’t have the time to respond as I wish right now, but I will hit this point up tomorrow.

For the racism is uniquely American folks.

In their minds you're supposed to be their jewelry, furniture and entertainment. Not ruling along side them.
hbz-meghan-markle-comp-tweet-1513895788.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been in the thread in a little bit, but thoughts/opinion DNA and heritage tests like 23andme?

I find the idea repulsive. Steal a people's legacy, then turn around and profit by selling it back to the same people and also make a business model off of selling the data to companies giving them the upper hand on a already downtrodden people. It's a terrible cycle.

I think in 5 to 10 years the service will be free and a the human family ntree will be complete. You'll be able to use a Google like search engine to find family.

Haven't been in the thread in a little bit, but thoughts/opinion DNA and heritage tests like 23andme?
My results are kinda confusing to due to what my great great parents were on my mothers side. Not really sure about my fathers side. Seeing some people’s phenotypes not necessarily “look” like their genotypes is the biggest head scratcher for me.

okay, so I was at this reggae concert the other day and the singer broke character for a second to say that he was so sick of singing the same songs about the age of freedom and fall of Babylon while nothing.

ever.

really.

happens.

then he sung another song, but that stuck with me so I want to put out sort of a disillusioned reggae album.

obviously it's a bit of a parody, but it's a genre of music I respect so I want to take the proper approach.

as an American (passport holder), is there any element of the culture I would be best advised to leave alone?

don't wanna be out here looking like Chet Hanks.

I did Ancestry, and the results were damn near perfect.

If youre one of those "omg they will steal my dna type", you can order a kit anonymously and not put any information. They will analyze the saliva and give youre results with no name attached.

I definately recommend it.

ATL is probably going to be a go for me, at least for a few years.

The air is just different here man... No matter where im at I feel like I belong every time im in the city.

It's something you don't realize the importance of until your housing and work has you surrounded by white and indian people damn near 24/7.

Feels good to be around my own on a regular basis and not subconsciously being hyper-aware of the way I present myself.

Only here a few more days for work though, I don't want to go back :smh:

Back
Top Bottom