After 13 years of eBay, I'm officially done Update: They ruled in buyers favor OUTRAGED..Update 2 TH

Call your states attorney general. Trust me Paypal will listen after that.

Those are pretty much meaningless if you can somehow prove they don't protect your money. How many class action lawsuits do you think have been made against companies with user agreements ?
What other companies operate like eBay & Paypal though? I'll wait....

Too bad he doesn't sell very much. I would be waiting in the cut.
laugh.gif

You should post his personal info on ripoffreport or one of those sites. That way if someone googles his name there will be some dirt on him out in the internets.

Last edited:
Just got a seller WHOM I CONTACTED W 3 EMAILS looking for a seller response before I sent my money. He filed a non-paying bidder against me. I Have impeccable feedback. I'm dumbfounded at this. I just don't understand? I had the money ready.

I started buying/selling on Ebay in 1998 and to be honest......once Ebay partnered with Paypal, it was the beginning of the end (and the fact that the market became flooded with competitor sties).

I stopped selling on Ebay in 2005 for the most part and have only sold a handful of items since then. Between the ridiculous fees and totalitarian rule of Paypal, it is not just worth it anymore.

Plus all the fake merchandise on their is out of control....you can't even buy a New Era fitted without getting some cheap corner-store knock off. I now have the funds and means to pay a little more for convenience and quality.

I hope Paypal implodes. Worst customer service ever. When I sold my car back in 2005, it took me 5 months to get this $7,000.00 out of my paypal account, because they had to verify my identity. This was more strenuous than my Government Clearance paperwork. :smh:

I miss the times where you could actually buy/sell on eBay with little to no worries. I wouldn't dare sell anything valuable on there nowadays. :smh:

What's really ridiculous is the fact that Ebay owns Paypal, so when they take a percent of your sales for Ebay and then Paypal gets its percent, you're really getting taxed twice by the same company.....:smh:

Man eff, fleecebay. Meetups and CL are the best way now. Even with that you have to pick your spots. I guess the time I used ebay, I got real lucky.

My advice to alot of you is to try to sell your items locally via Kijiji and/or CL. Pick a safe spot to meet up and be prepared to accept a 'realistic' price for whatever it is that you're selling. eBay offers the 'allure' of selling at higher prices, but when you factor in the high fees, high cost of shipping and the overall lack of seller protection it is simply not worth selling on there anymore. The explosion of the 'sneaker hobby' in the last 2-3 years has opened the doors to alot of scum, lowlifes and kids with little to no scruples.

I suppose that if you're a high volume seller you may be able to swallow or absorb an occasional loss but for those of us looking to unload sneakers we no longer need it's simply not viable to take any kind of loss.

Ebay/Paypal scammers paradise. I worry about getting a chargeback every time I sell an item using paypal. Are there any other safe alternatives?

Yeah dude tried to scam me the other day but I sent all the necessary info and it got resolved luckily. But believe me I worry about it constantly whenever I sell something on eBay. Sad thing is eBay is the biggest scammer of them all. The fact that they take a percentage of your shipping fee these days is straight up robbery. They're not packing or shipping my item so why the hell do I need to pay them a percentage. They know they can take your money and don't care. It's just the risk you take, kind of like with Craigslist. You know you're getting talked down no matter what you're selling and hoping you don't get caught up in the process. I hate people.

wow, just when i thought i was safe. sold a pair of china lebrons, punk kid claims they are fake and i get the email that my paypal account is now negative do to it. i am now at the mercy of a 16-17 year old POS. when this is done, im also done with ebay. why the **** would you side with the buyers when its the sellers making you money? whats the point of feedback when any ****** can claim whatever they want? **** ebay :smh: and all the trash that ruined it

Ebay/Paypal scammers paradise. I worry about getting a chargeback every time I sell an item using paypal. Are there any other safe alternatives?
thats the problem. paypal pretty much monopolized the instant payment industry. paypal itself isnt bad when dealing with lets say nike.com or eastbay. the problem comes when dealing with individuals. 2-3 clicks and BAM reversal on a payment until you prove your innocence or bend over and give a refund. that system is trash

I remember the days of money orders.. Are we as humans becoming that much worse? The honor system ran things a decade back on ebay...

Paypal had the nerve to charge me a 20.00 fee lol it is unbelievable, I get so mad every time I think of this

I remember the days of money orders.. Are we as humans becoming that much worse? The honor system ran things a decade back on ebay...
I remember that too. Sending $200 money orders to Canada for 2001 Jordan iii's.... Scary stuff. I am truly done 100% with eBay and PayPal as a seller. Honest people do not belong on eBay as a seller

What's gets me is if you clearly stated NO REFuNDS, FINAL SALE, it doesn't matter. eBay will still allow a refund to happen. GARBAGE! They need filters for no buyers under a certain feedback number, and final sale items.

Last edited:
i dont understand how paypal sides with the buyer calling an item fake? especially not sending the item back?

i thought if you claimed an item fake you had to show proof from nike, etc?

i dont understand how paypal sides with the buyer calling an item fake? especially not sending the item back?

i thought if you claimed an item fake you had to show proof from nike, etc?

I'm telling you now, that's is not the case. He claimed fake, I said prove it, I provide 100 reason and 100 differences between fakes vs real,..... Bam, -230 out of my Paypal account and an eBay case open just because.

wow, just when i thought i was safe. sold a pair of china lebrons, punk kid claims they are fake and i get the email that my paypal account is now negative do to it. i am now at the mercy of a 16-17 year old POS. when this is done, im also done with ebay. why the **** would you side with the buyers when its the sellers making you money? whats the point of feedback when any ****** can claim whatever they want? **** ebay :smh: and all the trash that ruined it

Post his username so that he doesn't get someone else.

^^ 402Swag

Now the battle of "how do I know you'll refund the money after I ship them?" ******g idiots in the world

Back
Top Bottom