AGAIN? - Baltimore Man Dies From Injuries During Arrest

Props to Shaun King and Feminista Jones for having a fundraiser the last couple days for Tamir Rice's family. They furnished their home and bought toiletries. Had an Amazon wish list and all. :smokin :pimp:

Last edited:
Odds & ends... FBI/NSA had spy planes over Baltimore starting Monday...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...7c67c50db0_story.html?tid=HP_more?tid=HP_more

They also sent in a surveillance drone from nearby Aberdeen Proving Grounds to hover over the city last week. Normally, the drone is controlled to over 2 miles directly above the Proving Ground and Aberdeen and Edgewood, but it was clearly visible as it hovered over East Baltimore. I found that to be extremely suspicious last week when I drove along North Avenue...

Odds & ends... FBI/NSA had spy planes over Baltimore starting Monday...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...7c67c50db0_story.html?tid=HP_more?tid=HP_more

They also sent in a surveillance drone from nearby Aberdeen Proving Grounds to hover over the city last week. Normally, the drone is controlled to over 2 miles directly above the Proving Ground and Aberdeen and Edgewood, but it was clearly visible as it hovered over East Baltimore. I found that to be extremely suspicious last week when I drove along North Avenue...

All those guns and nobody shot it down??  TX>>

Last edited:

All those guns in VA and nobody shot it down??  TX>>
And thats why we cant have nice things in TX.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 we're about to be the 5th state with legal herb tho.

My only concern is once ****** figure out the money made from weed cant go into the bank, all hell will break loose.

Unemployment?????

Who's problem is that???

Go ahead Ill wait on your excuses about "the man" keeping us blacks unemployed...

Waiting......

Look bro I see what your saying but survival and excuses never went hand in hand.

Why is it that black immigrants barely made it to US soil in tubs and make shift boats, and are here in South Florida working 2-3 jobs and making it.

Barely making..but they are working!

Remember most of these folks didn't even have a grade 1-12 free educational advantage of us American born blacks and they still come to US swinging hard than a mofo for survival!

There is no excuse people....if some blacks haven't learned survival by get in where you fit in by now then maybe thier just not built to survive here!

The day you lose your strive and fight to work here is the day you mind as well lay in a box and die!

Go read some of the excuses above!

That is the problem in black society today!

Its either an anti black excuse or its a 'too much pride thing"

Look at our youth....

Military???? SMH ***** please I'm not fighting no white mans war. Aint cuttin my dreads anyway and I'm getting MOB tatted between my eyes like Lil Weezy.

McDonalds??? SMH ***** please I'm not flippin no burgers..I'm not cut out for no 9-5 anyway. I hustle bra......

Enough said!

If you haven't heard these before than you def aint from where Im from!
giphy.gif

ill keep this short. you're not as intelligent as you try to portray. you speak on immigrants getting jobs despite disadvantages of where they're born. I'm born and raised in SoFla. Most of the immigrants working under the table, for a family company, not at all, with the smallest percentage going to actually getting a "legitimate" job. stop portraying those lies. 

if people dont have a job, they dont have a job. theres a circumstance/reason attached to every one. not every reason is a good one. but please stop implying that if a black person doesn't have a job... its cuz they're lazy. I have QUITE a resume and still went jobless for 4 months fresh out of college. guess i was making excuses? or maybe as you last said...i shoulda went and flipped burgers or joined the military.

instead i held out and then got the job i wanted the most. but again, for those 4 months...i was just making excuses in your eyes. to be blunt, your type sickens me. you look down on other people cuz ur in a better situation. that **** is real wack man.

an innocent person got shot in the back...and the first thing on ur mind is "doesn't anybody in the crowd have a job?" WTF? thats racist peoples logic! That is the EXACT same as when gray's "well yea they broke his spine, but why are they rioting? these riots are terrible! someone should do something" that FOX news logic. a tragedy happens and all you can do is shift focus away from the problem and ask some dumb a** **** like why people aren't at work? If  i HAD A job in Baltimore...id be pressed to be in those streets WITH MY PEOPLE standing for something and trying to make a change. 

man **** all this noise. i could keep going but why bother. u a shady dude anyways. strange that all of ur posts have 3 likes specifically. u also make no mention of the shooting itself. whatever u said u was dippin anyways. good riddens 

tl;dr

char_26866.jpg

Last edited:
LAPD Chief Beck: No ‘Extraordinary Circumstances’ to Justify Venice Fatal Police Shooting

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck on Wednesday addressed the death of an unarmed homeless man fatally shot by an officer following a confrontation near the historic Venice sign, saying the shooting concerned him and an investigation was underway.

An investigation was underway on May 6, 2015, into an officer-involved shooting that left a homeless man injured, police said. (Credit: KTLA)
An investigation was underway on May 6, 2015, into an officer-involved shooting that left a homeless man dead, police said. (Credit: KTLA)
Brendon Glenn, 29, was the individual killed by police late Tuesday night, according to a man who runs the Teen Project’s drop-in center for homeless youth in Venice.

Beck said in a Wednesday afternoon news conference that he had reviewed video of the shooting and he did not see evidence that indicated extreme circumstances that could prompt an officer to open fire.

“Any time an unarmed person is shot by a Los Angeles police officer, it takes extraordinary circumstances to justify that, and I have not seen those extraordinary circumstances at this point,” Beck said.

Both the male officer who opened fire and the man killed were black, the chief noted.

“Even if race is a small part of this, which I don’t think it is, they’re certainly outweighed by the mental health issues, the homeless issues, the alcohol issues,” Beck said. “All of those things … have nothing to do with a person’s race.”

The incident began about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday when someone called police to report a man harassing customers and refusing to leave near Pacific and Windward avenues (map), Beck said.

The location is about a block away from Venice Beach and in front of several bars and restaurants.

The man, described as a transient, had been involved in an altercation with a bouncer at a nearby bar prior to police being called, LAPD Detective Meghan Aguilar initially said Wednesday morning. Police were called with a report of a man “disturbing the peace” and “harassing passersby,” she said.

Officers spoke with the man, who then walked away toward the boardwalk, Beck said. Soon after, officers saw the man approach an individual and start a fight, the chief said.

“The officers attempted to detain the suspect, and an altercation occurred between the two officers and the suspect. During that physical altercation, an officer-involved shooting occurred,” Beck said.

Officers called for a rescue ambulance and began to perform CPR; city firefighters responded and took the man to a hospital, where he died, according to the chief.

A friend who knew Glenn said he didn’t deserve his fate.

“Whatever reason that they had to shoot him, I don’t think it was justified because he wasn’t a confrontational human being by any means,” local resident Henry Geller said. “He was definitely like a peacemaker.”

Another friend, Shane Brigham, described Glenn as “a really big hugger,” who always checked to make sure everyone around him was alright.

Glenn was a regular the Teen Project’s the P.A.D., a Venice support center for homeless youth, according to Timothy Pardue, who runs the center. Glenn, who had recently moved to the area from New York, had come to a support group meeting on Tuesday night, Pardue said.

“He was crying and he was even saying he wanted his mom, and he just said his mom didn’t want him back home,” Pardue said. “He struggled with a lot of things.”

As of Wednesday evening, the coroner’s office had not confirmed the fatally shot man’s identity. Beck said the man’s identity was not being released pending family notification.

During the struggle that led to the shooting, one of the LAPD officers was injured and later treated for a hurt knee, Aguilar said.

The injured officer, who was the open who opened fire, was on medication and had not been questioned because the medication could interfere with a “fair” interview, Beck said. He noted that the delay was unusual.

“I know there are public concerns about this particular officer-involved shooting, as there are any time an unarmed individual is shot by a police officer. I am also very concerned about this shooting,” Beck said. “We will expend all resources to find out the truth of what happened last night on Windward Avenue.”

As the investigation into the incident continued, the intersection of Pacific and Windward was cordoned off and closed to motorists. Investigators were trying to obtain surveillance video from businesses, police said.

Neither officer involved was wearing a body camera, Aguilar said, noting that the camera program had not yet been expanded to include all officers.

Both officers involved in the shooting were assigned nonfield duties during the ongoing investigation, Beck said.

The police officers’ union president said Beck’s statements would unduly influence the investigation.

“It is completely irresponsible for anyone, much less the chief of police, to render a judgement on an incident that is in early stages of investigation,” said Craig Lally, president of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, in a written statement. “As the final trier of fact in the use-of-force investigation and disciplinary process, the premature decision by the chief essentially renders the investigation process void.”

A “town hall” meeting was set to be held Thursday in connection with the shooting, according to the chief.

LAPD Chief Beck: No ‘Extraordinary Circumstances’ to Justify Venice Fatal Police Shooting
LAPD Chief Charlie Beck on Wednesday addressed the death of an unarmed homeless man fatally shot by an officer following a confrontation near the historic Venice sign, saying the shooting concerned him and an investigation was underway.

An investigation was underway on May 6, 2015, into an officer-involved shooting that left a homeless man injured, police said. (Credit: KTLA)
An investigation was underway on May 6, 2015, into an officer-involved shooting that left a homeless man dead, police said. (Credit: KTLA)
Brendon Glenn, 29, was the individual killed by police late Tuesday night, according to a man who runs the Teen Project’s drop-in center for homeless youth in Venice.

Beck said in a Wednesday afternoon news conference that he had reviewed video of the shooting and he did not see evidence that indicated extreme circumstances that could prompt an officer to open fire.

“Any time an unarmed person is shot by a Los Angeles police officer, it takes extraordinary circumstances to justify that, and I have not seen those extraordinary circumstances at this point,” Beck said.

Both the male officer who opened fire and the man killed were black, the chief noted.

“Even if race is a small part of this, which I don’t think it is, they’re certainly outweighed by the mental health issues, the homeless issues, the alcohol issues,” Beck said. “All of those things … have nothing to do with a person’s race.”

The incident began about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday when someone called police to report a man harassing customers and refusing to leave near Pacific and Windward avenues (map), Beck said.

The location is about a block away from Venice Beach and in front of several bars and restaurants.

The man, described as a transient, had been involved in an altercation with a bouncer at a nearby bar prior to police being called, LAPD Detective Meghan Aguilar initially said Wednesday morning. Police were called with a report of a man “disturbing the peace” and “harassing passersby,” she said.

Officers spoke with the man, who then walked away toward the boardwalk, Beck said. Soon after, officers saw the man approach an individual and start a fight, the chief said.

“The officers attempted to detain the suspect, and an altercation occurred between the two officers and the suspect. During that physical altercation, an officer-involved shooting occurred,” Beck said.

Officers called for a rescue ambulance and began to perform CPR; city firefighters responded and took the man to a hospital, where he died, according to the chief.

“Whatever reason that they had to shoot him, I don’t think it was justified because he wasn’t a confrontational human being by any means,” local resident Henry Geller said. “He was definitely like a peacemaker.”

Another friend, Shane Brigham, described Glenn as “a really big hugger,” who always checked to make sure everyone around him was alright.

Glenn was a regular the Teen Project’s the P.A.D., a Venice support center for homeless youth, according to Timothy Pardue, who runs the center. Glenn, who had recently moved to the area from New York, had come to a support group meeting on Tuesday night, Pardue said.

“He was crying and he was even saying he wanted his mom, and he just said his mom didn’t want him back home,” Pardue said. “He struggled with a lot of things.”

As of Wednesday evening, the coroner’s office had not confirmed the fatally shot man’s identity. Beck said the man’s identity was not being released pending family notification.

During the struggle that led to the shooting, one of the LAPD officers was injured and later treated for a hurt knee, Aguilar said.

The injured officer, who was the open who opened fire, was on medication and had not been questioned because the medication could interfere with a “fair” interview, Beck said. He noted that the delay was unusual.

“I know there are public concerns about this particular officer-involved shooting, as there are any time an unarmed individual is shot by a police officer. I am also very concerned about this shooting,” Beck said. “We will expend all resources to find out the truth of what happened last night on Windward Avenue.”

As the investigation into the incident continued, the intersection of Pacific and Windward was cordoned off and closed to motorists. Investigators were trying to obtain surveillance video from businesses, police said.

Neither officer involved was wearing a body camera, Aguilar said, noting that the camera program had not yet been expanded to include all officers.

Both officers involved in the shooting were assigned nonfield duties during the ongoing investigation, Beck said.

The police officers’ union president said Beck’s statements would unduly influence the investigation.

“It is completely irresponsible for anyone, much less the chief of police, to render a judgement on an incident that is in early stages of investigation,” said Craig Lally, president of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, in a written statement. “As the final trier of fact in the use-of-force investigation and disciplinary process, the premature decision by the chief essentially renders the investigation process void.”

A “town hall” meeting was set to be held Thursday in connection with the shooting, according to the chief.
Before anyone tries to turn ^ that story into a racial thing, the officer involved was black.

Before anyone tries to turn ^ that story into a racial thing, the officer involved was black.
is the system black?

is it black supremacy running police departments, laws, and the prison industrial complex?

A good cop who sits back and let's bad cops be...is a bad cop.

We're not talking about sleeping on the job, skipping out early, or taking long lunches...

You 'backing up' your fellow officer after they murder an unarmed man puts you in the same box IMO.

I get looked at all weird at work when I express my distaste for the school police on our campuses, and regular police on the streets.

They lump all blacks and browns into one stereotype...well I'm lumping all blues into one stereotype....Power hungry, above the law, racists with penis envy.

Great news!!!!

Btw, that attorney and her husband are a straight power couple. I need me a wife like that.

word, wouldn't be surprised if he makes a run at the mayor's office in 2016
damn...those guys need to follow the police around all day...mom was right though...that one cop was bound and determined to take him to jail...

The Black Panther's actually did exactly that in parts of Oakland when they were first founded. They would follow cops around and whenever they were arresting a black person they'd be there to document it.

BPs did so much and Murica didn't like that. Food programs, education, etc. I need to read up on some more of their organization from a non-biased point of view to get the full gist of it. The tactics they used could be revamped and used today within confines of the legal system

Back
Top Bottom