Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

99% of the time clean/new looks better than aged/worn. But some shoes do seem like it’s supposed to look a lil beat. Chucks for example. As for Jordans tbh when I first unboxed my Pollens the first thing I noticed was the midsole looked almost TOO white and bright for that colorway. Like it was too distracting for something that’s not supposed to distract you. So out of all my 1s I wear the Pollens the most and now I do think they look more “natural” if that makes sense

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they do the authentication. I know for 100% fact they don’t for stuff from England.
It says Authenticity Guarantee on the listings.

I just can't help but wonder why there are three Canadian listings for a size 11.5...all three priced at exactly $402.66, American dollars.

...cheaper than most listings.

I used to have one pollen and one of the recent Iowas but I got rid of the Pollens too.

Now I have two Iowa Dunks. :pimp:

Damn. The colorway is the exact same lmao. But I prefer hightop 1s over dunk highs anyway and yeah pollens are more mustard colored but IMO that makes it more compatible with earth tones. White shirt + greenish pants and you’re good

99% of the time clean/new looks better than aged/worn. But some shoes do seem like it’s supposed to look a lil beat. Chucks for example. As for Jordans tbh when I first unboxed my Pollens the first thing I noticed was the midsole looked almost TOO white and bright for that colorway. Like it was too distracting for something that’s not supposed to distract you. So out of all my 1s I wear the Pollens the most and now I do think they look more “natural” if that makes sense
Should've just bought taxi's like Davey said. The white breaks up the yellow and the sail midsole works really well and doesn't make it "too white and distracting". Never thought I'd wear a yellow shoe until I bought the taxis and now they're one of my favorite 1's.

So these are supposed to be a little longer than your typical Jordan 1.

Do they look bigger on your feet?

…that’s what I’m hearing from some of my YouTube celebrity sneaker reviewer friends.

…that’s what I’m hearing from some of my YouTube celebrity sneaker reviewer friends.
walter-white-falling.gif

Lol I had to dip out this thread as soon as yall started talkin about precise shades of yellow and how it apparently makes or breaks a shoe that otherwise looks exactly the same … I see that all the OCD in the WC3 thread is spilling over

Don’t start

Out gettin donuts. I think I'm gonna coffee dip these at the end of the year and dye the midsole yellow so people respect these more.
20230401_064655.jpg

Jk jk :rofl: these are so dang good to me now. They look so close to the OG now. The light Neutral Grey looks more like the darker "Natural" Grey now. Definitely taking side by side pictures with my DS pair just to see the transformation.

Out gettin donuts. I think I'm gonna coffee dip these at the end of the year and dye the midsole yellow so people respect these more.
20230401_064655.jpg

Jk jk :rofl: these are so dang good to me now. They look so close to the OG now. The light Neutral Grey looks more like the darker "Natural" Grey now. Definitely taking side by side pictures with my DS pair just to see the transformation.
bit of a reach but they're still a good attempt from nike lol

bit of a reach but they're still a good attempt from nike lol

Yeah true I wish I had an OG to compare them to. My goal with these 85s is to double up on all OG colorways and wear the 1st pair like it's 1985 and beat them up/ age them naturally then take side by sides pics with the DS-to lightly worn pairs. Just to see how wear affected the shoe. If I ever come into a ton of money and luck I'd cop the Original (85-86 run) and do the same.

Yeah true I wish I had an OG to compare them to. My goal with these 85s is to double up on all OG colorways and wear the 1st pair like it's 1985 and beat them up/ age them naturally then take side by sides pics with the DS-to lightly worn pairs. Just to see how wear affected the shoe. If I ever come into a ton of money and luck I'd cop the Original (85-86 run) and do the same.
I get it. Was doing the same with my neutrals. Hoopin in em

Back
Top Bottom