Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what part of that story is confusing, at all.

Not sure what he has to come back and explain, I think dudes need to re read the story.
Could it possibly be that he saw the Mids and thought they were Shadows (no one knows) Thats how I read it.

but does make sense that the employee could have been confused and grabbed the mids thinking they were the same because we all know most employees are just there to get their check and some who dont know gain knowledge over time

either way .. its still a funny story which ever way you wanna read it. Not funny in the sense he didnt get some shadow.

on another note though .... why yall dont like those mids? Its the EXACT same shoe except its mid not high and the grey area is switched up. Other than that its the same (NA tag)..... shouldve have asked for a discount and bought em n be happy lol

Could it possibly be that he saw the Mids and thought they were Shadows (no one knows) Thats how I read it.

but does make sense that the employee could have been confused and grabbed the mids thinking they were the same because we all know most employees are just there to get their check and some who dont know gain knowledge over time

either way .. its still a funny story which ever way you wanna read it. Not funny in the sense he didnt get some shadow.

on another note though .... why yall dont like those mids? Its the EXACT same shoe except its mid not high and the grey area is switched up. Other than that its the same (NA tag)..... shouldve have asked for a discount and bought em n be happy lol

no bro, wtf lol. why would he be mad if he saw the mids (sz 11) asked for the same pair sz 9, and they came out with exactly what he asked for?

and no the shoes don't look different. them mids are off brand looking

no bro, wtf lol. why would he be mad if he saw the mids (sz 11) asked for the same pair sz 9, and they came out with exactly what he asked for?

and no the shoes don't look different. them mids are off brand looking
well because he didnt say he looked at the actual shoe they brought out he said he looked at what rang up ... also doesnt mean dude has sneaker knowledge either maybe he thought the mids were shadows til he saw the name on the screen or box. We dont know all we know is what he told us which could have been read 2 different ways

Part that got me was saying hes coppin right now, then goes up to checkout and they are wrong. U cant trust min wage workers anyway but somewhere they should show u what ur gonna buy way before checkout. Unless bro got some laidback thing goin there.

no shots yall just not reading thoroughly. I blame twitter for this

Man I walked into Footaction today at GP mall to kill some time, I see a pair of shadows ...

I'm saying though, if he addressed the shoes by the name "Shadows" and she doesn't know the first thing about "sneaker nicknames" of course she's just going to bring the first grey and black shoes out. She's there for a check, she's not online looking up release dates and other random crap.

If he didn't point them out specifically to her, she did nothing wrong. You can't assume they everyone knows as much about these shoes as us. Let alone some chick working at footlocker who's probably in high school or college.

If he didn't visually identify the shoes to her and asked for some black and grey jordan 1's, how is it her fault that they didn't actually have them?

It's miscommunication. It's not like they had them but she just rang him up for the wrong shoes.

If I walk into footlocker right now and ask for some red and black Nike dunks, they'll bring me anything. You know how many black and red dunks there are? They can't read my mind. I have to show them which ones I want. Not just tell them.

Last edited:
lol ... i can read just fine ... as i stated in my last post though -- what if dude wasnt as much of a "sneaker enthusiast" as the majority and THOUGHT the mids were shadows until he saw the name on the screen

anyway this debate on how its read has gone on long enough, bottom line he still didnt get the shoes he wanted .. better luck next time homie

still think those mids look the same lol ... oh and is there any difference between Phats and Mids (besides the cushioning in Phats) since dudes will wear Mids but trash talk phats. Just curious

Don't even bother anymore man :lol:

Dudes aren't even really making sense anymore.

The original teller of the story most likely didn't even intend for it to be anything more than a chuckle over the incompetence of some Footaction employees, and we've turned it into a deep debate about the meanings behind each word and how the scenario probably played out and all that.

Let's just move on.

Last edited:
What goes on in retro threads :smh: sometimes I'm like :lol: and other times I'm like :\ you guys can't be serious

sorry to contribute to derailing the thread, not even my style. its just so basic/trivial to me that its so hard to give it up :lol: , but yea officially done with the extended explanation..

maybe somebody here can help me out I could not find the answer elsewhere but did the OG Shadows come laced with the grey laces? The real ogs from the 80s..did they come laced at all? Thx

maybe somebody here can help me out I could not find the answer elsewhere but did the OG Shadows come laced with the grey laces? The real ogs from the 80s..did they come laced at all? Thx
Back in that day most shoes came unlaced from the factory. You'd ask for your size and the footlocker associate would lace the shoes so you could try them on.  I know i've seen pictures of unlaced ogs and i think the laces were just laced through one of the bottom holes.  I think both colors actually came attached to the shoe but I could be wrong.

Back in that day most shoes came unlaced from the factory. You'd ask for your size and the footlocker associate would lace the shoes so you could try them on.  I know i've seen pictures of unlaced ogs and i think the laces were just laced through one of the bottom holes.  I think both colors actually came attached to the shoe but I could be wrong.
I remember discussing that whole lacing and trying on thing in another thread ... those we the days you could go in and come out with a purchase hours/days after the shoe released. 

better yet the associate measuring your foot .. then gettin the size you need and lacing it up for you. I dont even think stores have those metal foot measure things anymore

Yea im pretty sure they did come unlaced, included was black laces as well as grey laces..Not sure tho and was trying to get a for sure answer...

thanks

Release day i dropped by a footaction. While the one kid was checkin sizes for me, the other one picked up the mid and pointed out how the shadows were off and the mid is how they should look. I still dont even know how to process that.

I remember discussing that whole lacing and trying on thing in another thread ... those we the days you could go in and come out with a purchase hours/days after the shoe released. 

better yet the associate measuring your foot .. then gettin the size you need and lacing it up for you. I dont even think stores have those metal foot measure things anymore
Good times :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom