Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

keep debating dumb details on a shoe that is entirely synthetic and wouldn't qualify as leather. Fake leather that's closer to plastic than leather gets weird glitter marks after a year. But compare pictures and call the fake leather "butter" and think tumbled means something like a dork.

Just because you know more about leather then everyone on Niketalk. Doesn’t mean you need to be disrespectful about it. Keep you your negativity OUT!

Just because you know more about leather then everyone on Niketalk. Doesn’t mean you need to be disrespectful about it. Keep you your negativity OUT!

Never thought I’d see the day when someone on NT started ranting about how SBBs are overrated and nobody on here knows what they’re talking about... Also, to say that all synthetic leather is the same without any differences in quality is also pretty ignorant.

Never thought I’d see the day when someone on NT started ranting about how SBBs are overrated and nobody on here knows what they’re talking about... Also, to say that all synthetic leather is the same without any differences in quality is also pretty ignorant.
makes no sense. I have all of them. They are all fake plastic. The SBB has some qualities most of us like more, softness, more tumbled panels. But it's rearranging deck chairs on titanic- all AJ1 retros are fake plastic.

Go look at OG AJ1, OG nike sneakers in general from 80s. They were leather. They were thicker and they chipped and cracked like leather. This new breed is plastic. Yes, SBB1 is trash too, but better trash.

Been out for the past couple hours running around and let me tell you fellas... the backdoor is wide open.

Not trying to support any negativity but James Beam is right. If Nike used high quality premium leather on Jordan 1's, they would retail for $300.00-400.00+. If you're looking at premium men's dress shoes from brands like Carmina, John Lobb, Saint Crispins, Crockett & Jones, etc. they start at upwards of $350 and can go for $1000+. Even above that price range are bespoke shoes from brands like Yohei Fukuda and Mario Bemer Firenze, which can reach $2000+.

Anyways, not relying on the footstore reservations after going 0/6 last week on Gold Toes with 4 10 minute HS and 2 9 minute HS. Shoe Palace Valley Fair saved me last week. Put in 8 entries total at 4 Shoe Palaces yesterday with my brother. Got a call about 1 hour ago. I finally won a pair of Jordan 1 retros at my local Eastridge Shoe Palace. Prepared to go 0/4 on FTL and FTA tomorrow with 4 10 minute HS.

Honestly, I laugh when any of you compare "quality" of any AJ1s and I laugh when people describe SBB1 as having legendary "high quality" status. You scrutinize meaningless things that DO NOT signify quality and are more likely production run inconsistencies. Nike is using the cheapest of the cheap synthetic leather for all of the AJ1s. None of them really qualify as "genuine leather" "top grain leather" or "full grain leather" (they would say so).

When Nike prices a shoe, they cost it out. They work backwards from materials costs, marketing, get to a wholesale cost, etc. The cost of limited AJ1s is relatively the same. They aren't poring less margin in a SBB than a Bred, for example. So stop this nerdy nonsense, these are just production inconsistencies.

The only factors you are comparing to call SBB1 "quality" is softness and whether the material is tumbled. People- these are not attributes that in any way signify that SBB1 are of higher quality- I would venture to say the raw material costs of the SBB1 are the same as the Bred, Bred Toe, etc etc. All of the materials are synthetic and it just so happens that when Nike made their SBB1 limited batch the materials were more tumbled and a bit softer. They didn't wake up and decide to use genuine leather and increase their minuscule materials costs on the SBB1 as a gift to you.

Nike likely laughing at the sneakerhead community for believing the SBB1 are untouchables relative to all other AJ1. They are ALL low quality and all cheap and not leather. Keep thinking a pebbled surface on synthetic leather costs Nike any more than a non pebbled surface. LOL

It's about time someone spoke the truth about this "quality" thing.

James Beam and others, have copped or is planning on copping regardless lol. This is what makes forums like this great is the ability to have an opinion. Lord knows I didn't log on to have an economics lesson about some damn shoes :lol:. Ya'll gotta lighten up

Honestly, I laugh when any of you compare "quality" of any AJ1s and I laugh when people describe SBB1 as having legendary "high quality" status. You scrutinize meaningless things that DO NOT signify quality and are more likely production run inconsistencies. Nike is using the cheapest of the cheap synthetic leather for all of the AJ1s. None of them really qualify as "genuine leather" "top grain leather" or "full grain leather" (they would say so).

When Nike prices a shoe, they cost it out. They work backwards from materials costs, marketing, get to a wholesale cost, etc. The cost of limited AJ1s is relatively the same. They aren't poring less margin in a SBB than a Bred, for example. So stop this nerdy nonsense, these are just production inconsistencies.

The only factors you are comparing to call SBB1 "quality" is softness and whether the material is tumbled. People- these are not attributes that in any way signify that SBB1 are of higher quality- I would venture to say the raw material costs of the SBB1 are the same as the Bred, Bred Toe, etc etc. All of the materials are synthetic and it just so happens that when Nike made their SBB1 limited batch the materials were more tumbled and a bit softer. They didn't wake up and decide to use genuine leather and increase their minuscule materials costs on the SBB1 as a gift to you.

Nike likely laughing at the sneakerhead community for believing the SBB1 are untouchables relative to all other AJ1. They are ALL low quality and all cheap and not leather. Keep thinking a pebbled surface on synthetic leather costs Nike any more than a non pebbled surface. LOL

I agreed with you and then you made a false claim that these are synthetic leather, which is wholly untrue and proven by the fact that EU legislation imposes mandatory marks & labels for footwear and looks like this
shoe-materials.jpg

Directive 94/11/EC specifies that labelling must give consumers information on the composition of the three main parts of footwear:
  • the upper;
  • the lining and sock;
  • the outer sole.
The composition can be given using pictograms or written indications for specific materials:
  • leather;
  • coated leather
  • textiles;
  • other materials.
Only materials covering at least 80% of the surface area or 80% of the volume of the outer sole need to be labelled. If no single material accounts for at least 80%, information should be given on the two main materials used.

-----------

Buy a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro Highs (or any Jordan for that matter) from a store in the EU and discover for yourself.

Had SBBs and sold them, own 2 pairs of BT. SBB are nice but WAY overhyped, but I personally prefer BT quality over SBB.

my 2 cents, I know I'm in the minority.

Not trying to support any negativity but James Beam is right. If Nike used high quality premium leather on Jordan 1's, they would retail for $300.00-400.00+. If you're looking at premium men's dress shoes from brands like Carmina, John Lobb, Saint Crispins, Crockett and Jones, they start at upwards of $350 and can go for $1000+. Even above that price range are bespoke shoes from brands like Yohei Fukuda and Mario Bemer Firenze, which can reach $2000+.

Anyways, not relying on the footstore reservations after going 0/6 last week on Gold Toes with 4 10 minute HS and 2 9 minute HS. Shoe Palace Valley Fair saved me last week. Put in 8 entries total at 4 Shoe Palaces yesterday with my brother. Got a call about 1 hour ago. I finally won a pair of Jordan 1 retros at my local Eastridge Shoe Palace. Prepared to go 0/4 on FTL and FTA tomorrow with 4 10 minute HS.

You’re not supporting negativity by agreeing. Everyone can have and should have an opinion. Some of the things he said I agree with. But being condescending and calling people names is not the way to do it. If you feel like educating people please do it in a respectful manner.

Not trying to support any negativity but James Beam is right. If Nike used high quality premium leather on Jordan 1's, they would retail for $300.00-400.00+.

I agree with you on this but saying that ALL the synthetic leather on all AJ1s is the same quality is pretty ignorant. There are still variances from one release to the next.

makes no sense. I have all of them. They are all fake plastic. The SBB has some qualities most of us like more, softness, more tumbled panels. But it's rearranging deck chairs on titanic- all AJ1 retros are fake plastic.

Go look at OG AJ1, OG nike sneakers in general from 80s. They were leather. They were thicker and they chipped and cracked like leather. This new breed is plastic. Yes, SBB1 is trash too, but better trash.

Literally nobody on here is saying SBBs are compariable to 85 AJ1s. To your point about SBBs being “better trash” (whatever that means), SBBs are just used as the standard for quality measurement of RECENT AJ1 retros. If you think there is another recent, non-premium AJ 1 release that would be a better reference point, we would love to hear it.

Have about 10 pairs locked down guaranteed.. not enough tho.. hoping to end off Saturday with about 20-30 pairs..

Back
Top Bottom