Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

my Kaws story is SO wild (copy and paste from when I originally posted the story)

ok, so i hit the Kaws lottery, they ship my shoes etc etc. I have UPS My Choice set up to automatically redirect pacakages to a UPS Access Point so I can pick up stuff after I get off work. Keep in mind this is right before Christmas when UPS is having major issues. I get my tracking info, its shipped, no problem. It was supposed to deliver on a Thursday. Got delayed. Moved to Friday. Cool. Friday comes, and nothing is updating on the tracking. Finally, Friday night at *8:14pm i get an update "The receiver states the product was not ordered and has refused the delivery. Package will be returned to sender." OK WHAT?? At this point I am freaking out. I frantically get on the phone with UPS, and its over an hour wait. I tell the rep what has happened, and that this is a huge mistake, and she says nothing she can do, since the package has already left Houston on the way back to Brooklyn. She says only option is to get in touch with the shipper (Kaws). Click. Crap. I call back. Another hour wait. Same story. This happens twice more. (Friday late night). I immediately email Kaws and let them know what has happened. I wait patiently.

Enter Saturday morning. ( 12/9) my friend somehow gets on the phone with a manager who has more authority, and she requests a delivery change. This is reflected in my tracking notes. Welp, it didnt work. Blah blah blah. Package makes it back to Brooklyn and has officially been returned to sender. I email Kaws again when the package makes it back to them on 12/18, again letting them know what has happened. I emphasized that at this point I still had not called my CC company to ask for a charge back.

KAWS RESPONDS! ON 12/19 they say they will reship the shoes to me (no extra $$) and ask me for my preferred address so it doesn't have to go back to a UPS Access Point. I respond and give them my address. NO RESPONSE BACK FROM KAWS.......on 12/22 they finally email me back saying the shoes have shipped and give me my tracking number.

Delivery was scheduled for 1/2/18. but they came early AND I FINALLY HAVE THEM IN HAND!!

What a roller coaster ride

They're a smaller operation, Chris actually rang me up at the event. There was issues with frenzy and the stock numbers matching up, so they were refunding people or offering substitutes as gear.
IMG_8229.jpg

Chris was super cool when I got to the counter. Everything flowed so despite the amount of people, there were no real issues from what I heard.

Chris was super cool when I got to the counter. Everything flowed so despite the amount of people, there were no real issues from what I heard.

i waited awhile in the frenzy line, two dudes in front of me didn't get what they ordered cause they couldn't find stock. they were also giving away gear to people that didn't get what they ordered.. which is a nice gesture but it doesn't help the situation.

True. But most places just give that "sorry, there's nothing we can do" bs.

it was more the waiting that sucked, i'm not complaining about how they handle business, but the merch stock definitely didn't match what they sold. so that makes me wonder about the online orders placed also. it's all the same shopify system from what i see.

also the wait got longer and longer as the day went on cause they were backed up, i waited 3 hours and my pickup window was 1-2.

you guys are expecting way too much from a small company, saying they can't risk canceling orders? :lol:

**** happens, plenty others smaller and more known businesses cancel. its part of ordering **** on the internet, please guys don't act entitled to a pair of shoes or whatever you ordered. Cancelations have happened to us all, wouldn't be shocked if it happened this release and guess what, won't be the last time.

just sit and wait, if you get your pair sweet if not just move onto the next one. Learned a long time ago with hyped releases, no point in stressing over receiving shipping emails and reading all this crap on NT. if you got charged just wait, either they come or don't, theres nothing you can actually do at this point other than wait.

def hard for a small business to be ready fot that much traffic suddenly. its even hard for large businesses. i think they did overall well, ive seen a lot of other drops go way worse.

Ok so I was finally able to get through on the phone to a Union rep and they said (take it with a grain of salt) that if you received a confirmation order and followed the rules you should be good. Any orders that had issues were cancelled an hour or so after they were completed or you would have received a cancelation this morning. So a lot of us should be good. but again this is based off a phone call with a random rep. Has anyone heard anything different?

The clothing was a **** show. Worse part of the release event. Aside from the time slots that no one followed and the fools trying to loop.

it was more the waiting that sucked, i'm not complaining about how they handle business, but the merch stock definitely didn't match what they sold. so that makes me wonder about the online orders placed also. it's all the same shopify system from what i see.

also the wait got longer and longer as the day went on cause they were backed up, i waited 3 hours and my pickup window was 1-2.

Damn, I had the 7pm slot and was out in less than an hour and a half. I did hear about them being behind schedule, though.

Curious to see what people's order numbers were in here (not specific numbers btw). I didn't really have any large issues on the site, but ended up with order number 5xxx. A lot of horror stories on twitter and here, but that was one of the easiest drops considering how many people were probably trying on the site. Wondering if my order actually gets shipped, but will just have to wait and see.

As an outsider (didn't hit on the website), I haven't seen a single thing that should worry you guys (as long as you received the confirmation email, checked out manually, and followed directions regarding same billing/shipping).

I know how anxious you can feel waiting for that tracking #, but so far there's no real reason to freak out, you're all in the same boat! Try and be optimistic and not stress yourselves out unnecessarily.

Damn man, now I’m nervous too. Had the shoes shipped to my mothers so I could have someone sign for it since I work 730am-830pm during the week and can’t sign at my apartment.

Curious to see what people's order numbers were in here (not specific numbers btw). I didn't really have any large issues on the site, but ended up with order number 5xxx. A lot of horror stories on twitter and here, but that was one of the easiest drops considering how many people were probably trying on the site. Wondering if my order actually gets shipped, but will just have to wait and see.
My shoe order was in the 14xx but my separate merch/clothing order was in the 18xxx. I think a lot of people may have separated orders as well and can't just be 20k of shoe orders alone.

The clothing was a **** show. Worse part of the release event. Aside from the time slots that no one followed and the fools trying to loop.

I couldn't believe that they didn't have enough apparel for all of the time slots. I passed on apparel online because I thought I'd be able to get it in person. So, if you were later in the day you got screwed. Terrible.

I would've been heated if they ran out of shoes for my time slot because of loopers. Greedy jerks.

I don't understand how people looped, unless they won multiple times. When you went to the front of the line, they scanned your QR code. I'm assuming it could only be scanned once, right?

I'm extremely happy I got my one pair, so I'm not stressing what others did, just genuinely curious.

I'm on the same boat as the folks who used a shipping address that doesn't match the billing fml. Ah well what can u do. Just hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom