Air Jordan 10 Retro "I'm Back" Mar 18 2018

Got these reserved from Nike. Would it be wise to pick them up? Or just personal preference? Honestly I’d prob get them to resell.
I got the reserva too and I'm gonna pull the trigger. Nothing to lose with Nike's endless return window. If the value drops and they go on sale I'll just send em back and pick up on the low. But if they sell out then I'm good.

Talked to my friend at Foot Locker today, my local store only got 12 pairs of these... so one full size run? Probably won't be getting these on any type of discount. :frown: Ohh well.

But...

4218752C-FFED-4849-BEA2-98904E3AA5E8.jpeg

and

giphy.gif

They are keeping it OG, with the whole "Im Back" theme
I watched that game in 95 when I was 14. One of the coolest MJ moments, def because it was here in Indiana. Felt like I was a part of it. Still have the VHS tape recorded. Awesome time. Does anyone have that NBA on NBC intro with Marv Albert that they can throw on here? I hated the Jordan 10 until I saw him wear the "Chicagos". Instantly hooked.

I watched that game in 95 when I was 14. One of the coolest MJ moments, def because it was here in Indiana. Felt like I was a part of it. Still have the VHS tape recorded. Awesome time. Does anyone have that NBA on NBC intro with Marv Albert that they can throw on here? I hated the Jordan 10 until I saw him wear the "Chicagos". Instantly hooked.

I miss these type of stories on NikeTalk. I love hearing about peoples MJ memories...

Agreed. Or just shoe memories from youth in general

Ive got one for ya, totally random but a sneaker memory none the less.

The years 2002, Im an 11 year old hip hop honkey from Maine.

The Air Force Ones video by Nelly drops. First time I had ever seen the AF1 and I instantly fell in love. Not because Nelly, one of my favorite rappers at the time was rapping about em but because I was just enamored by the silhouette. Unfortunately you couldnt even get a pair of AF1 at any of our sneaker stores at that time. Not even your run of the mill all white/all black.

I knew I had to have it though, so after scouring the internet and weeding through dozens of sites trying to slang fake LV and Gucci Air Forces I finally found a site (PYS) that had legit stuff and I felt comfortable ordering through. I ended up ordering mids, white with a grey swoosh and grey accents.

nike+air+force+1+white+grey+mid.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly they were very close to these, though I do remember some slight black on the shoe as well.

I put my order in, received the shoes about a week later and when I wore them to school people BUGGED out. Kids I didnt even know were just staring at my feet, compliments left and right. It was the first time I realized how meaningful a sneaker can be and how sneakers can be used as conversation pieces.

I remember this 8th grader saw me playing basketball in them and pulled me to the side and schooled me on how we dont ball in these shoes, we keep these shoes nice and clean and ball in our beaters or indoor ball shoes.

Funny to look back on, gives me a good nostalgic feeling.

Ive got one for ya, totally random but a sneaker memory none the less.

The years 2002, Im an 11 year old hip hop honkey from Maine.

The Air Force Ones video by Nelly drops. First time I had ever seen the AF1 and I instantly fell in love. Not because Nelly, one of my favorite rappers at the time was rapping about em but because I was just enamored by the silhouette. Unfortunately you couldnt even get a pair of AF1 at any of our sneaker stores at that time. Not even your run of the mill all white/all black.

I knew I had to have it though, so after scouring the internet and weeding through dozens of sites trying to slang fake LV and Gucci Air Forces I finally found a site (PYS) that had legit stuff and I felt comfortable ordering through. I ended up ordering mids, white with a grey swoosh and grey accents.

nike+air+force+1+white+grey+mid.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly they were very close to these, though I do remember some slight black on the shoe as well.

I put my order in, received the shoes about a week later and when I wore them to school people BUGGED out. Kids I didnt even know were just staring at my feet, compliments left and right. It was the first time I realized how meaningful a sneaker can be and how sneakers can be used as conversation pieces.

I remember this 8th grader saw me playing basketball in them and pulled me to the side and schooled me on how we dont ball in these shoes, we keep these shoes nice and clean and ball in our beaters or indoor ball shoes.

Funny to look back on, gives me a good nostalgic feeling.

I like it. Middle school will always be a wild time for stuff like this

Back
Top Bottom