Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

Receive my pair this morning.
Disappointed about the smell, zero smell compare the low SJ. I remember the smell of the Low SJ was great.
The shoes is heavier than the LOW SJ so the weight surely is coming from the tech spec of the cushionning, bnot the Upper. It means, the cushionning is fake. the air sole unit is not a real air sole unit, the reason why AJ 10 2015, NYC, Dark Shadow, Orlando 2018..... and AJ 11 Concord 2018 and Bred 2019 are less comfortable than the SJ 2016 or Double Nickel 2015 or 72 win.
The good point, i didn't take my size, i went half size down, 8.5, and the size is better for this retro. Size 9 was too big for me.
Can someone who has both shoes SJ and Bred can make a comparison?
I don't understand, my SJ was 369 gr in a size 9, and a size 8.5 Bred weight 419 gr? Man there is an problem somewhere...
Dude.
:stoneface:

IMG_1435.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1439.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Receive my pair this morning.
Disappointed about the smell, zero smell compare to the low SJ.
I remember the smell of the Low SJ was extraordinary.
The shoes are heavier than the LOW SJ. Maybe it comes from the cushionning tech spec, not from the Upper. It means, the cushionning is stiff. Maybe the air sole unit is not as good as the Low SJ. Explaining why AJ 10 2015, in the NYC colorway, Dark Shadow, Orlando 2018..... and also 11 Concord 2018, Bred 2019 are less comfortable than the SJ 2016 or Double Nickel 2015, 72 win.
The good point is, i went half size down, 8.5, and the size is better for this retro. Size 9 was too big for me with the low SJ and i had achilles heel pains.
Can someone who has both shoes SJ and Bred can make a comparison?
I don't understand, my SJ was 369 gr in a size 9, and a size 8.5 Bred weight 419 gr? Man there is a problem somewhere...

WEAR THEM OR RETURN THEM GUY.

ITS NOT THAT DEEP.

Letyoufry Letyoufry
I remember the low Space Jam IE had a mesh/nylon upper as opposed to the leather upper of the OG IE. That could account for the weight difference.

I kind of wish I kept them but I was waiting for the OGs.

So glad these got a reissue, one of my favourite shoes. Here’s some pics of my 96 OGs for comparison
467D9747-7E22-4784-80BA-BEC4A3C23DB0.jpeg
874A86E9-D11B-4FD3-AF1F-6C9E057FE091.jpeg
That’s love right here.

Honestly the only thing I can even really nitpick about the retro without wishing for an absolute 1:1 remake is that I wish the toes were as slanted and soft as the OG. But that goes for virtually every retro Jordan and lots of other retro Nikes, too, so it's really just an observation/pipe dream rather than a complaint. Regardless, I think the retros will look great as they get beat up, just like the originals above.

Wasn’t going to but caved after seeing all the pics and great reviews😂 . Super nostalgic shoe, was even able to walk in to the store and try them on. The good ol days. Can’t wait to throw them on, such a versatile shoe. Have a feeling once these are gone, people are going to regret passing.
7C8EEC61-4D9F-43F9-9820-760696A9315B.jpeg

Wasn’t going to but caved after seeing all the pics and great reviews😂 . Super nostalgic shoe, was even able to walk in to the store and try them on. The good ol days. Can’t wait to throw them on, such a versatile shoe. Have a feeling once these are gone, people are going to regret passing.
7C8EEC61-4D9F-43F9-9820-760696A9315B.jpeg
This photo (and really almost every photo lol) does a great job illustrating why the previous versions of these with the EP weren't as good. The oily nubuck panels contrast with the regular leather upper to not only give the shoe some extra yet subtle visual pop but also a little touch of a luxury-like appearance. The EP version can stand OK on its own, but it's just nowhere near as "smooth" as the OG in terms of the visual effect.

WEAR THEM OR RETURN THEM GUY.

ITS NOT THAT DEEP.
Ok Sorry for my post. I'm finally happy with my pair. Size is perfect.
Love the colorway. The red is good for me.

Letyoufry Letyoufry
I remember the low Space Jam IE had a mesh/nylon upper as opposed to the leather upper of the OG IE. That could account for the weight difference.

I kind of wish I kept them but I was waiting for the OGs.
Thanks you for your answer, really appreciate it.
But i don't think the material is the only reason.

Anyone else feel like these are prolly the most obscure AJs MJ ever wore in game? Followed by the black 13 low PEs??
For a numbered Air Jordan model no question. He wore in only 3 games total I believe. Those PE 13 lows (both pairs) are just as obscure as well. Only difference is the general public was able to get thier hands on the XIs but not the XIIIs. The red sock liner is truly what makes this shoe. It just makes it POP and what's dope about them is aside from the soles, the only branding on these is the tongue. Having said all this, the blk/cement pair that came out last year, to me, is right up there with these. Genius idea by JB.

For a numbered Air Jordan model no question. He wore in only 3 games total I believe. Those PE 13 lows (both pairs) are just as obscure as well. Only difference is the general public was able to get thier hands on the XIs but not the XIIIs. The red sock liner is truly what makes this shoe. It just makes it POP and what's dope about them is aside from the soles, the only branding on these is the tongue. Having said all this, the blk/cement pair that came out last year, to me, is right up there with these. Genius idea by JB.
Yea. The mids stood out with the red soles, and they could have just made a low top version of those but the fact they put a clear sole , red collar and nubuck instead of patent was super creative and made the two distinguished from one another. I like the mids more ofc but these are an underrated classic.

Yea. The mids stood out with the red soles, and they could have just made a low top version of those but the fact they put a clear sole , red collar and nubuck instead of patent was super creative and made the two distinguished from one another. I like the mids more ofc but these are an underrated classic.
It’s the red liner but just as important are the nubuck and brownish-smoked outsole. Without any of those elements, it loses a lot. Again, it’s why the previous dark-soled, EP version of these just wasn’t nearly the same.
I’m not gonna lie, HellRazor1978 HellRazor1978 . Concords are my favorite Jordans, but if someone said I had to either get rid of these or my black/red mids … the mids are gone without hesitation. That’s how perfect I think these are.

Back
Top Bottom