Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

“did my homework” today. Went to my local footlocker champs and niketown. All three said they’re not even sure they’re getting them in time. Might as well pay resale now to avoid the troubles on release day

Or here's a idea...just wait like you been doing since the announcement. What's the point in paying extra money to have them a week earlier

Last edited:
Im late on this but $175?????? They are smoking the devils pewbs for 90s tech, let alone low cut
Well...I mean prices go up over time plus inflation. I haven't done the math but I'm sure $115 in 96 is around $175 in today's money. I don't mind paying $175 I just wish these came with full length zoom and the leather is 96 leather.

Wear can I get those black nba socks mj is wearing?

You can't. They were Champion NBA socks that the Bulls would get custom in black for the playoffs. The closest to those, IMHO, are the For Bare Feet "on-court" ones they put out just before they lost the socks license to stance. I was happy to find some at tj maxx a few years back.

fbfblackagility.jpg

Well...I mean prices go up over time plus inflation. I haven't done the math but I'm sure $115 in 96 is around $175 in today's money. I don't mind paying $175 I just wish these came with full length zoom and the leather is 96 leather.
Inflation has almost nothing to do with shoe prices. Otherwise there wouldn’t be any $150 shoes with better tech by far than retros. It’s only about what they think/know is a high price they can sell a ton of shoes at. If XIs weren’t as popular as they are, they wouldn’t cost $220. It’s all about greed.

Inflation has almost nothing to do with shoe prices. Otherwise there wouldn’t be any $150 shoes with better tech by far than retros. It’s only about what they think/know is a high price they can sell a ton of shoes at. If XIs weren’t as popular as they are, they wouldn’t cost $220. It’s all about greed.
Yes and no. Nike is definitely greedy no doubt. But, inflation definitely plays a part. Costs have gone up in 25 years and businesses adjust for that. 115 in 96 is most likely around 175 today. My biggest issue is with the price of J1s. Those should be $125 for crappy materials and $150 max for premium materials. Nike is laughing all the way to the bank with J1s.

Yes and no. Nike is definitely greedy no doubt. But, inflation definitely plays a part. Costs have gone up in 25 years and businesses adjust for that. 115 in 96 is most likely around 175 today. My biggest issue is with the price of J1s. Those should be $125 for crappy materials and $150 max for premium materials. Nike is laughing all the way to the bank with J1s.
115 in 1996 is the equivalent of 200 today according to this calculator. So in actuality the price of these is LESS today if you take purchasing power into account, which you have to.

115 in 1996 is the equivalent of 200 today according to this calculator. So in actuality the price of these is LESS today if you take purchasing power into account, which you have to.

Dudes will pay $170 for Jordan 1's but now all of a sudden have a problem with 90's tech in relation to cost :stoneface:

Personally I was merely pointing out that the inflation argument is minor at best when it comes to retros. Nike sells plenty of modern performance sneakers with solid tech included for similar prices or not hugely more than it did 20 or more years ago. XIs, for example, aren’t priced at $220 because of inflation. They’re $220 because they’re so popular and Nike realized it can sell millions of pairs at that price no problem.

People are still trying to justify the prices of retros :lol:

Anything but admit you’re getting the shaft right?

First, I’m sure there were costs associated with these in 1996 that aren’t there now (R/D), second, we’re not getting the same level of product quality as in 1996.

EVERYTIME this nonsensical reasoning comes up I ask the same question, and I haven’t gotten an answer in 15 years… why were the AJ3s $100 in 1988 and 2003? Was there no inflation? :lol:

Why is the More Uptempo only $10 more than it was in 1996? 🤔

How are adidas and Reebok relatively unaffected by this inflation? :rofl:

Just admit it, they charge more for retros because they can, and from a business perspective, I don’t blame them. They are not a non-profit.

First, I’m sure there were costs associated with these in 1996 that aren’t there now (R/D), second, we’re not getting the same level of product quality as in 1996.

EVERYTIME this nonsensical reasoning comes up I ask the same question, and I haven’t gotten an answer in 15 years… why were the AJ3s $100 in 1988 and 2003? Was there no inflation? :lol:

Just admit it, they charge more for retros because they can, and from a business perspective, I don’t blame them. They are not a non-profit.
Well yeah they can obviously bc look at J1s which have no technology and most are built like shizz and they charge $170 for them. But, to think that a business isn't accounting for inflation is pretty silly. Take a look at retro Lebron 7 and 8. Both were $160 retail when the OG dropped 10 years ago and both are now $200. Its definitely a mix of inflation and what Nike thinks they can get away with. You gotta remember too, $100 in 88 was a ****load of money, and in 03 it was still quite a bit. My guess is JB didn't raise the price on the early retros (99-04) bc it was testing out the retro market AND the respective retail on the OG 3,4,5,6,7,9,11,12,13 was already a lot of money. $150 in 97/98 for XIIIs was a ton of money.

I'll 100% agree with you on the quality. That is prob the biggest area I have an issue with in regards to JB. I'm ok paying most current prices (save for J1s), but give us top quality and new tech. Every J1 should come with zoom air (SB Dunks do), and Jordan's from the 7 onward that has encapsulated air or zoom air should now come with zoom. It's not new and expensive tech but it should be there. End of day JB did much better with these 11 lows and a handful of other retros.

I'll never get the 1s hype. Greatest marketing trick ever pulled outside of art and high end fashion. I remember when people were going insane over the Roshe Runs. Nike is just printing money at this point.
I own only 3 pairs of J1s and all 3 are non hyped pairs and have amazing quality (Bloodlines, Defiants and Wheats). I have no desire to add anymore either. I can't justify spending a lot on a shoe like them. When I see guys literally buy every J1 i scratch my head. To me they are kinda like a very expensive Converse Chuck.

Shape looks the same as the previous retro iteration like the referee blacked out ... was not really happy with those , cardboard leather , lightweight but no comfort at all .... polyurethane insole could help in those
:emoji_thinking:

IE’s haven’t been made with love since that 2003 run. Shape, comfort, and details have lacked in one way or another since then.

Many shoes have lost their original shape. Seems like all the shoes now are made sleeker

Sleeker as in low profile/slimmer

Shoes that are supposed to have a little bulk and roundness now look slimmer

All I know, is that over the past 15 or so years Nike has butchered OG's by NOT making them sleek as OG's were. Particularly toe boxes. Perhaps we're just talking about different things.

Back
Top Bottom