Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I gotta admit that I thought 11's were wack when I 1st saw them years ago. Then a kid I work with came in wearing the 2012 bred's. I was blown away by how good they looked on feet. 4 months later I copped my 1st pair of 11's with the bred's. Now I love em and own 9 colorways. These are a must cop for me and I've been waiting for news of a re release for a while. I'm paying for an ATC service on these and am not taking chances or an L. A double up is a definite for me.

I don’t think you’ll need an ATC. It seems like they make more and more holiday 11s each year, and I don’t think the breds will be any different.

I don’t think you’ll need an ATC. It seems like they make more and more holiday 11s each year, and I don’t think the breds will be any different.
You may be right and with the recent Concord numbers it does seem like they pushing more & more each year. If FinishLine does a raffle I'm most likely hit with them and honestly if I can find an ATC for like $20 I may just do it and only have to worry about personally securing one pair and then wait for the ATC to hit on release day. I also may get scheduled to work that day and wouldn't be able to get to my phone at 10AM and I absolutely refuse to take an L on these next year.

Nike’s already saying that Jordan Brand made some strides in sales 2018. They said the 11 was the most successful Nike drop(duh); the 33s was a good performance model sales wise, and that the women’s sales are up.

2019 is sure to be even better.

Nike’s already saying that Jordan Brand made some strides in sales 2018. They said the 11 was the most successful Nike drop(duh); the 33s was a good performance model sales wise, and that the women’s sales are up.

2019 is sure to be even better.

I wonder if JB will make the carbon fiber white and black as opposed to silver and black, just to further stay true to the OGs.

These my all time favorite sneakers , had originals as a yougin and every retro release (except for lows , cuz those were disrespectful) I may need 3 pairs of these tho

I wonder if JB will make the carbon fiber white and black as opposed to silver and black, just to further stay true to the OGs.
They should. There is no reason to not make this as close to the original as possible. The Concord release shows us that. The shape and ankle cut along with the pl cut SHOULD be identical. To me the only change I really would be alright with is a stitched 23. Also, a thicker pl to show the white lining better. The Concords fell a little short there.

The PL will vary just like the 1995 and 2018. Some 2018 had lower PL like some 1995s, and some 2018 had high PL just like some 1995s. I wouldn’t count on pl thickness, or stitched numbering.

IMG_20181204_205305.jpg
best example I got. 96 title game. MJ fans know this moment.

I always thought the tinge of red was coming from the Yellow foam padding underneath showing through the cordura mesh, because the mesh is pretty porous. If they wanted it to be black they would of put that color on the box.... Maybe.

The PL will vary just like the 1995 and 2018. Some 2018 had lower PL like some 1995s, and some 2018 had high PL just like some 1995s. I wouldn’t count on pl thickness, or stitched numbering.
The 2016 has a slight thicker pl. Maybe to showcase the white liner a little more. A detail that might not have been as important for the Concord. With a black based shoe, they are gonna have to at least match the 2016 to make the liner stand out as a detail.

I always thought the tinge of red was coming from the Yellow foam padding underneath showing through the cordura mesh, because the mesh is pretty porous. If they wanted it to be black they would of put that color on the box.... Maybe.

Pretty sure that’s not why the uppers have a red sheen to them. I still have my OG pair and that explanation doesn’t make sense to me looking at them in hand. Nah.

Looking at the color way these might not be the original colorway. Isn't the original colorway Black/Red/White.

Any chance the color code changes between now and next year? Sadly we may need to start a petition or something to remind the folks over at JB that these need to have “true red” and not varsity red. Really hate to see them drop the ball for something that could be fixed so easily before they start production. I mean even just going off that pattern of releases up there, clearly true red should be on next years release. It’s going to be so frustrating to see them use that dark *** varsity red on these when they don’t have to. @MJO23DAN can you make any calls about this? Something’s gotta give.

The color description likely won’t matter. These are gonna be the Breds. Doubt they’d do a new black white and red 11 just four years after doing the 72/10 which was also a new black white and red 11 colorway.

Color listings are funny; the “flint” 6 has no grey listed in its color description. The 1989 Black Cement 4 does have red or white listed, the 2019 does.

Last edited:
Any chance the color code changes between now and next year? Sadly we may need to start a petition or something to remind the folks over at JB that these need to have “true red” and not varsity red. Really hate to see them drop the ball for something that could be fixed so easily before they start production. I mean even just going off that pattern of releases up there, clearly true red should be on next years release. It’s going to be so frustrating to see them use that dark *** varsity red on these when they don’t have too. @MJO23DAN can you make any calls about this? Something’s gotta give.
Every retro 1 Bred that is listed as Varsity Red has a different red shade. Sometimes official color means nothing The color may be just like ;True Red.

Back
Top Bottom