Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

My only gripe (if any) is this: if they were gonna go with the 45 why wouldn’t they embroider it (like the SJs) instead of screen printing it? They really cheaped out on that but what can you do? Like if they was gonna use screen print they might as well have just gone with the 23. In for 2 regardless but still that’s a notable small fail on JBs part IMO. Good that the JM is facing the correct way tho.

I was incorrect, screen printing (actually printed on the fabric) is what was on the original. Heat applied (applied to the fabric through heat) is what is on some if not most retros.

Because its supposed to look like a barcode. The change diminishes the design. They only changed it to 45 because jordan changed to 45. Its supposed to have a 23 because thats what tinker designed it with. 45 was cool for a niche thing on one release but to do it again is getting tacky. We've been waiting for the concords to be done right for 18 years. The right move wouldve been to play it safe and release this shoe how it was, period. No one would complain about 23. Why pull some needless bs when no one is asking for it and could potentially turn people off?

Oh that's right, so we have a reason to 'buy them again when they make them a step closer to OG'

(even though its totally unnecessary and we'll buy them again in 5 years regardless) (so stupid/)
They’d complain about the patent leather or something else

When the first images of the early pairs of the space jams/'95 playoff PE's appeared in 2016 they had a 23 instead of a 45. Maybe if we're lucky the Concords will be similar and end up with a 23 instead. Would be nice but either way I'm in for a pair or two. Haven't owned any rendition of the Concords yet.
Air-Jordan-11.jpg

Stitched 23 is innovative in my eyes. Screen printing is OG, but we’re pyaing $220 for some mid 90s tech. I think these being almost 2 million pairs is the reason though.

The only way I would be upset about the 45 is if I planned on wearing them with a Jordan 23 jersey (which I’m not going to), so no sweat off my sack
Honestly I would still wear these with 23 jersey not something I would plan to do but I wouldn’t be opposed either considering it’s the same player just two different numbers

My only gripe (if any) is this: if they were gonna go with the 45 why wouldn’t they embroider it (like the SJs) instead of screen printing it? They really cheaped out on that but what can you do? Like if they was gonna use screen print they might as well have just gone with the 23. In for 2 regardless but still that’s a notable small fail on JBs part IMO. Good that the JM is facing the correct way tho.
I wish they just get rid of the screen print as a whole I’m usually against changing what the shoe originally looked like but in all honesty stitched is a way better improvement over screen print

Knowing nike and seeing how they're releasing an MJ authentic and swingman today, wouldn't surprise me if they dropped a 45 Jordan jersey to coincide with the release.

Stitched 23 is innovative in my eyes. Screen printing is OG, but we’re pyaing $220 for some mid 90s tech. I think these being almost 2 million pairs is the reason though.

This...

They skipped the stitching simply because they knew they would be making these in huge numbers...Have to pinch those pennies where they can...

45 on Concords is egregious, I’m sorry. I want them how they were when the GR’d. It fit with the Space Jams since those were a “PE” shoe in the first place but the 3 OG CW’s of the XI are iconic. 45 on Air Jordan’s are too gimicky. The remastered Chicago X was ruined by that nonsense. The 45 thing should just stay fun trivia for us historians. Maybe a jersey broken out here and there but if Concords release only once every 7-11 years you have to give them to us the right way.

....Have a feeling that there will be 23 pairs that are limited :rolleyes

45 on Concords is egregious, I’m sorry. I want them how they were when the GR’d. It fit with the Space Jams since those were a “PE” shoe in the first place but the 3 OG CW’s of the XI are iconic. 45 on Air Jordan’s are too gimicky. The remastered Chicago X was ruined by that nonsense. The 45 thing should just stay fun trivia for us historians. Maybe a jersey broken out here and there but if Concords release only once every 7-11 years you have to give them to us the right way.

....Have a feeling that there will be 23 pairs that are limited :rolleyes

I get what you're saying, but these are basically a PE as well.

i like the quality of the stitched number in the back but dont mind the screen print either... it looks nicer and looks more og imo

I’ve seen some “23” stickers on eBay as in when the numbers wear off you can stick on a new one. Anyone ever tried that?

Back
Top Bottom