Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Powell reposted this article
https://sneakerhistory.com/2018/12/07/has-the-jordan-xi-lost-its-allure/

I think it’s trash. Sounds like some folks want trampling and killing back for 11s

Powell is solid to follow (realize it’s not his article) you just have to view him through the lens that his data and services are used to grow share in the market. His intention is to be provocative. So he’ll say Yeezys aren’t commercial, and when they are he says they can’t be sustained when they’re sold in volume but there’s a discount on them. Most of his comments boil down to needing great product design, being able to scale it, and not having to offer a discount. That’s perfection in the retail market which is attainable but only for short periods of time.

A
Was the first one to pick this up at the local Champs and the sales person told me “You look really happy”. I told her all my friends had these back in the day. Took 22 years but finally got them!
81AEE5A6-0CC9-4ED1-874C-B34192A8418C.jpeg

You guys think next years 4,6 & 11s will be as mass produced as these?
Took me the same amount of time... Doubled up!

:lol:

you did call me out on balling in my penny 2's but yeah those things are just for looks but that's nike fault for not making them for performance and horrible comfort.

if jordan brand removed the air bag and used fake printed carbonfiber shank plate on the concord 11's we still have cats out here copping for $220+ and resell prices

and nike and jordan don't mind deceiving people. they have done it in the past and recently

China Accuses Nike of False Advertising Over Kobe Shoes
Brand issues an apology and refunds.
BY BRENDAN DUNNE
MAR 16, 2017
SHARE TWEET

Image via Nike
China's state-run television station called out Nike on Wednesday, addressing a 2016 issue over the brand's description of a pair of Kobe sneakers. According to CGTN, the claim of false advertising stems from a 2016 social media post from Nike saying the shoes had its Zoom cushioning technology.

The sneaker at the center of the controversy is the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB, a retro shoe released as part of the "Fade to Black" pack referencing Kobe Bryant's retirement.

CGTN reports that Nike Basketball posted about the shoes on social media platform Weibo last April, mentioning that they had Zoom in the soles. One customer found that wasn't the case after buying a pair and cutting them open, and discovered that others online had realized the same after some research. Customers formed a group to file their complaint, and received confirmation from Nike that the sneakers lacked Zoom.

Per CGTN, Nike agreed to refund purchases for consumers who were misled by the inaccurate info.

China Central Television addressed the Kobe sneaker incident in its annual consumer rights day show. The program has leveraged such claims against Nike before, saying in 2012 that the sportswear giant misled shoppers about the cushioning in its shoes.

Nike has apologized for the Kobe sneaker mishap, saying that it offered compensation to consumers as soon as it was made aware of the issue.

"Nike is committed to providing consumers with the highest product quality and service and we will fully cooperate with the government regulators regarding their inquiry," a Nike spokesperson tells Sole Collector. Per Nike, 300 pairs of the shoes featuring the inaccurate description were sold in China.

While there's been no controversy around the shoes in the U.S., it appears that a page on Nike's North American website contains misleading information about the same shoe. At the time of writing, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB page here mentions a Zoom unit in the heel. A Nike rep hasn't been able to confirm with Sole Collector whether pairs sold in America differ from the ones in China, but there's not much precedent for such a disparity.

Some pairs of the Nike Hyperdunk retros recently released actually do use Zoom in the heel. As noted by Wear Testers last July, the "United We Rise" reissue featured the cushioning. Nike's been up front about the pairs lacking Zoom in the past, its copy describing shoes as having a "foam midsole" instead.

CCTV's comparison of the "United We Rise" Hyperdunk '08 with Zoom (left) and the FTB pair without (right), image via Fastpass
What's more, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 sneakers discussed here are retro models not truly intended for performance wear. Had Nike misrepresented the technology used in a modern design actually meant for present-day, on-court wear, the error would certainly be more egregious.

These mishaps over sneaker info are not entirely new to Nike's website. Nike-owned Jordan Brand recently came under fire in the U.S. over a product page for its Air Jordan 15 retro that falsely described the shoe as having two Zoom Air units.
Same thing happened with the Jordan 15’s. Question is how long have they been doing this and what other corners have they cut? I usually keep away from retros becuase of this fact. Higher retail price and worse quality. No thanks

Powell is solid to follow (realize it’s not his article) you just have to view him through the lens that his data and services are used to grow share in the market. His intention is to be provocative. So he’ll say Yeezys aren’t commercial, and when they are he says they can’t be sustained when they’re sold in volume but there’s a discount on them. Most of his comments boil down to needing great product design, being able to scale it, and not having to offer a discount. That’s perfection in the retail market which is attainable but only for short periods of time.
Short periods as in like from 2012-2014?

:lol:

you did call me out on balling in my penny 2's but yeah those things are just for looks but that's nike fault for not making them for performance and horrible comfort.

if jordan brand removed the air bag and used fake printed carbonfiber shank plate on the concord 11's we still have cats out here copping for $220+ and resell prices

and nike and jordan don't mind deceiving people. they have done it in the past and recently

China Accuses Nike of False Advertising Over Kobe Shoes
Brand issues an apology and refunds.
BY BRENDAN DUNNE
MAR 16, 2017
SHARE TWEET

Image via Nike
China's state-run television station called out Nike on Wednesday, addressing a 2016 issue over the brand's description of a pair of Kobe sneakers. According to CGTN, the claim of false advertising stems from a 2016 social media post from Nike saying the shoes had its Zoom cushioning technology.

The sneaker at the center of the controversy is the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB, a retro shoe released as part of the "Fade to Black" pack referencing Kobe Bryant's retirement.

CGTN reports that Nike Basketball posted about the shoes on social media platform Weibo last April, mentioning that they had Zoom in the soles. One customer found that wasn't the case after buying a pair and cutting them open, and discovered that others online had realized the same after some research. Customers formed a group to file their complaint, and received confirmation from Nike that the sneakers lacked Zoom.

Per CGTN, Nike agreed to refund purchases for consumers who were misled by the inaccurate info.

China Central Television addressed the Kobe sneaker incident in its annual consumer rights day show. The program has leveraged such claims against Nike before, saying in 2012 that the sportswear giant misled shoppers about the cushioning in its shoes.

Nike has apologized for the Kobe sneaker mishap, saying that it offered compensation to consumers as soon as it was made aware of the issue.

"Nike is committed to providing consumers with the highest product quality and service and we will fully cooperate with the government regulators regarding their inquiry," a Nike spokesperson tells Sole Collector. Per Nike, 300 pairs of the shoes featuring the inaccurate description were sold in China.

While there's been no controversy around the shoes in the U.S., it appears that a page on Nike's North American website contains misleading information about the same shoe. At the time of writing, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB page here mentions a Zoom unit in the heel. A Nike rep hasn't been able to confirm with Sole Collector whether pairs sold in America differ from the ones in China, but there's not much precedent for such a disparity.

Some pairs of the Nike Hyperdunk retros recently released actually do use Zoom in the heel. As noted by Wear Testers last July, the "United We Rise" reissue featured the cushioning. Nike's been up front about the pairs lacking Zoom in the past, its copy describing shoes as having a "foam midsole" instead.

CCTV's comparison of the "United We Rise" Hyperdunk '08 with Zoom (left) and the FTB pair without (right), image via Fastpass
What's more, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 sneakers discussed here are retro models not truly intended for performance wear. Had Nike misrepresented the technology used in a modern design actually meant for present-day, on-court wear, the error would certainly be more egregious.

These mishaps over sneaker info are not entirely new to Nike's website. Nike-owned Jordan Brand recently came under fire in the U.S. over a product page for its Air Jordan 15 retro that falsely described the shoe as having two Zoom Air units.
I gotcha dude. Yes the tech is outdated but I'm sure the vast majority of guys in this thread are not world class athletes. I think these will suffice for those who casually participate in pick up games. To be honest... let's not act like we won't see a professional or collegiate athlete in these here and there throughout the season.
the 11s pro athletes wear on court and the product we get

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: finally someone with some comprehension skills...

I ran through so many pairs playing in the 2000’s which is what Kobe has on. It’s all I wanted to wear. Wouldn’t dare play in the releases after lol nothing was the same after

Last edited:
:rofl:At people posting pictures of NBA players wearing Concords and ignoring the fact that NBA players wear $1k custom made orthopedic insoles that would make playing basketball in timberlands feasible.
Because they play huge numbers on a weekly basis.

I’m sure 1 hour at the ymca will make not wearing anything extra ok. :rolleyes

My main focus is that it's the design of the shoe and the materials and aspects that comprise it which contribute to why they hold up well. The traction, stability, mobility, and so on are still good on court today which makes these very playable shoes (with a top of the line insole of course.) I don't see anyone playing in a pair of chucks simply because they put expensive insoles in them.

what the what?
See you got it. One thing though, I wish SNKRS would quit lying and put those toddler sizes back up. $70 no tax free ship vs. $84+ shenanigans. My lil guy WILL be wearing his on the court and I could get some JB diapers and a baabaa w that extra coin.

I doubt Iverson had custom orthos in his 2000s. Yes, there are better cheaper options to ball in nowadays. But none come close to the ankle contruction used on the 11. If these work for you, wear em. If they don’t, don’t.

Back
Top Bottom