Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

The main reason why I got rid of my pair not long after I got them a week after the release.

Now the '00 pair...I could wear those all day and not have to worry about my feet hurting. They were very comfortable.
sigh.. I still find it funny/entertaining to see people's surprise that many older retros weren't that great quality. Maybe its because so many older retros sell for so much online. 

Its also funny to see people's surprise that certain retros like the toro 5s collected dust on shelves when they originally dropped. Spacejams didnt though

Esquire talking about the 1st look at 2016 SJ XIs.
landscape-1456420673-space-jam-air-jordan-11.png

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-accessories/news/a42455/air-jordan-11-space-jam-photo/
Creases elude to a troll from esquire imo, but anyway there goes 1 more pic.

Last edited:
Nothing in the Nice Kicks article that they reference doesn't say anything about that being a pic of the actual release.

It does offer this though: "The “Space Jam” Air Jordan 11 never released in the OG days despite being the very first color way of the Air Jordan 11 that Michael Jordan wore on court in the 1995 NBA Playoffs against the Orlando Magic."

SMH

sigh.. I still find it funny/entertaining to see people's surprise that many older retros weren't that great quality. Maybe its because so many older retros sell for so much online. 

Its also funny to see people's surprise that certain retros like the toro 5s collected dust on shelves when they originally dropped. Spacejams didnt though

Dropping $300 for a pack that had only one shoe you wanted was unheard of back then. Even the 6 11 DMP pack didn't sell out immediately. Most people didn't want the 3M pair. It was the opposite for me. I didn't cop cuz I didn't want the red pair. Ended up getting both in a 14 pair haul in 2011 (ironically also where I got my 2009 Jams).

Last edited:
lmao at anyone disheartened by the color of the jumpman. you could make it almost any color and id still be in for a pair.

No retro 11 has captured the shape and patent cut of O.G.'s but the 09s were particularly egregious. And they ran a half-size small. Just bad all around. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out even if I decide to pass...

Dropping $300 for a pack that had only one shoe you wanted was unheard of back then. Even the 6 11 DMP pack didn't sell out immediately. Most people didn't want the 3M pair. It was the opposite for me. I didn't cop cuz I didn't want the red pair. Ended up getting both in a 14 pair haul in 2011 (ironically also where I got my 2009 Jams).

Speak what you know. I was a manager at Finishline back then, not on was the original DMP very limited (we got 11 pair) they sold out instantly.

Speak what you know. I was a manager at Finishline back then, not on was the original DMP very limited (we got 11 pair) they sold out instantly.

it depends on where you are located as i remember a couple of spots in bmore taking a couple of hours to sell out completely. they were definitely very, very limited tho.

and i think hes thinking about the dmp 5s because he speaks of a 3M pair and a red pair.

it depends on where you are located as i remember a couple of spots in bmore taking a couple of hours to sell out completely. they were definitely very, very limited tho.

and i think hes thinking about the dmp 5s because he speaks of a 3M pair and a red pair.

I was talking about both packs. World Footlocker at PG Plaza (now HoH) had a size 10 6-11 DMP for sale a month or two after release. I'm sure these sold well in urban areas but not all Footlockers around the country sold out. The Footlocker at PG would get shipments from other Footlockers that didn't sell all their stock. Even a month or two later I still passed on the pack. One of my biggest sneaker regrets now but I didn't wear 6s at the time and I knew a proper concord would always come back. The 6-11 pack def sold much better than the 5-5 pack did. Just saying it wasn't the instant sell out it would be today.

Last edited:
Nike Air is no gimmick. The 3-5 especially suffer badly not having the NA there. The shoe was designed with it. The 3s don't look bad with the jumpman but the 4 and 5 really, really don't look right without NA. If you grew up seeing them this way you would understand.
a gimmick? i dont think so but it draws a crowd because it was on the original and has released without it now as far as other shoes having the jumpman or nike air i would have to say it doesnt bother me EXCEPT for on the jordan 1 and only because its the only shoe in the entire line that had a jumpman added where nothing was before unlike the 3 4 5 and 6 where the jumpman REPLACES nike air.

just beautiful, i dont care what color it turns out to be but we need this shape and PL height for this release to be great but regardless they will sellout instantly and if this is released i will be on the hunt for a pair. why not

ouch right in my feels cause I own the radio raheems lol

Sorry man! Didn't mean to offend anyone who likes the shoe. I just picked the most recent release that was not well received and the Raheems fit that criteria. I have no problem with the shoe. It was just a bad decision for JB to set retail for them at $190, when people would rather buy aquas, chromes, alt 4s or master 12s for that price.

Yeah the original DMP pack was gone fast. My boy had to pay close to $1000 on eBay. I didn't want to spend that much but man was I jealous when they arrived. That was probably the greatest pack of all time. The 7 pack. Now that sat for a long long time. The discount was ridiculous and I still passed.

a gimmick? i dont think so but it draws a crowd because it was on the original and has released without it now as far as other shoes having the jumpman or nike air i would have to say it doesnt bother me EXCEPT for on the jordan 1 and only because its the only shoe in the entire line that had a jumpman added where nothing was before unlike the 3 4 5 and 6 where the jumpman REPLACES nike air.

Fair enough. But the lack of Nike Air on the 3-5 especially bothers me as much as the jumpman on the 1s bothers you. I don't buy 1s because I don't wear shorts often and I don't wear skin tight jeans either so I wouldn't be able to rock the shoe properly and I'm not going to change my style just to wear a certain shoe. I like to look at them and recognize and respect what it represents and what it started. The AJ1s are the godfather of the sneaker game.

I passed on a lot of the CDPs at the time because $300 was just too much to be stuck with the other shoe. One of my boys actually found a friend who took those XX atrocities off of his hands for $150 though haha. Apart from the 11/12 and 10/13, there wasn't a pack that was worth the price. At the time of course.

Fair enough. But the lack of Nike Air on the 3-5 especially bothers me as much as the jumpman on the 1s bothers you. I don't buy 1s because I don't wear shorts often and I don't wear skin tight jeans either so I wouldn't be able to rock the shoe properly and I'm not going to change my style just to wear a certain shoe. I like to look at them and recognize and respect what it represents and what it started. The AJ1s are the godfather of the sneaker game.

View media item 1871380

Just checking in so I won't get roasted come December 
roll.gif
  That being said these are one of my grails and if they are truly remastered I will do the vary rare for me DOUBLE UP

Back
Top Bottom