Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Just checking in so I won't get roasted come December :rofl:   That being said these are one of my grails and if they are truly remastered I will do the vary rare for me DOUBLE UP

Will roast you regardless my man :pimp:

Reactions: Ube
Jetfuel can't melt steel beams.

They'd start out as the Space Jam pack but end up being called the Shady President Pack.

Don't start this here.

I'm a fire protection engineer so I know a little bit about steel in fires. Steel does not have to melt to lose it's structural integrity. Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F. Steel is never intended to have fire-resistance in building construction. When steel structural elements are required to have fire-resistance they are protected with sprayed on fire-resistive materials. These materials would have been compromised by the impact of the planes.

The jet fuel is also not what caused the steel to yield. The jet fuel was simply the initial fire source and was likely burned up in about 10 minutes. Building fires often get hotter than jet fuel alone burns. Below is the standard time-temperature curve used to test listed fire-rated assemblies in a test furnace. We test these assemblies up to 2000 degrees F because that's how hot building fires can get. Unprotected steel frame buildings collapse in fires everyday. High-rise buildings don't collapse because they are required to have protected steel. That protection is designed to withstand fire for a designated time. It is not designed to withstand the impact of a Boeing 767. Once that protection is compromised all bets for fire-resistance of the steel are off.

View media item 1932417

Last edited:
Will roast you regardless my man
pimp.gif
Lol its all good, I am going to try to stay outta this thread though because it will make the wait seem that much longer lol

Don't start this here.

I'm a fire protection engineer so I know a little bit about steel in fires. Steel does not have to melt to lose it's structural integrity. Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F. Steel is never intended to have fire-resistance in building construction. When steel structural elements are required to have fire-resistance they are protected with sprayed on fire-resistive materials. These materials would have been compromised by the impact of the planes.

The jet fuel is also not what caused the steel to yield. The jet fuel was simply the initial fire source and was likely burned up in about 10 minutes. Building fires often get hotter than jet fuel alone burns. Below is the standard time-temperature curve used to test listed fire-rated assemblies in a test furnace. We test these assemblies up to 2000 degrees F because that's how hot building fires can get. Unprotected steel frame buildings collapse in fires everyday. High-rise buildings don't collapse because they are required to have protected steel. That protection is designed to withstand fire for a designated time. It is not designed to withstand the impact of a Boeing 767. Once that protection is compromised all bets for fire-resistance of the steel are off.

View media item 1932417
too much going on to bring 911 up in here lol what about the flash before the plane hit the building?or the fact that the 2nd plane was a military plane with no logos on it from any airline? the "bombs" that the surviving firefighters heard on the ground floors? the top falls and creates the entire building to fall? what about the pentagon? the wreckage showed no findings of jet engines or a tail or much plane debris at all? weird? nope but carry on because this is our chance to do our dance at the space jam, come on!

Last edited:
too much going on to bring 911 up in here lol what about the flash before the plane hit the building?or the fact that the 2nd plane was a military plane with no logos on it from any airline? the "bombs" that the surviving firefighters heard on the ground floors? the top falls and creates the entire building to fall? what about the pentagon? the wreckage showed no findings of jet engines or a tail or much plane debris at all? weird? nope but carry on because this is our chance to do our dance at the space jam, come on!

Wtf? How did we go from Space jams to 9/11 conspiracy talk? This does not belong here! There are many forums where this can be discussed.

Thread took a mean turn

What happened to the no release date rumor that was floating around

Anyone wants to talk 911 science or third-hand accounts from the Pentagon, hit my DM.

Back on topic. Dino posted that the 9 and 11 aren't the only shoes dropping to celebrate the movie. Any ideas? White/red 2s and shadow 10s were both in the film as well. We just had 2s but I could see us getting the 10s.

I'm so excited these are going to get Concord treatment! Been waiting for this a long time. Surprised to hear so many people who don't like it. Was expecting to see this place lit! Oh well, hope a lot of passing takes place come December but I doubt it

Fair enough. But the lack of Nike Air on the 3-5 especially bothers me as much as the jumpman on the 1s bothers you. I don't buy 1s because I don't wear shorts often and I don't wear skin tight jeans either so I wouldn't be able to rock the shoe properly and I'm not going to change my style just to wear a certain shoe. I like to look at them and recognize and respect what it represents and what it started. The AJ1s are the godfather of the sneaker game.

Must be wrong! 2000 retros never had a reversed Jumpman on ankle of the left shoe!
It all started with the DMP 11 that JB screwed the Jumpman on the left shoe by facing backwards.

It's a sample of the 45 version.... Not official release
Nor the one that was game worn

Edit:
Since you brought up DMP 11s

Jordan Brand probably had the idea to reverse the jumpman way before 2006

Last edited:
Yeah the original DMP pack was gone fast. My boy had to pay close to $1000 on eBay. I didn't want to spend that much but man was I jealous when they arrived. That was probably the greatest pack of all time. The 7 pack. Now that sat for a long long time. The discount was ridiculous and I still passed.

back in the day i saw them for 400 day of release after they sold out at modells. passed thinking 4 was too much. different time

Must be wrong! 2000 retros never had a reversed Jumpman on ankle of the left shoe!

It all started with the DMP 11 that JB screwed the Jumpman on the left shoe by facing backwards.
TBH I like the Jumpman reversed on the Concords, 72-10s and Playoff's, but not the Jams.

Those look fresh! I gotta go to a store and try whatever 1 is available since there's always at least one colorway. I guess it's really that I've gotten so used to walking around in the 3-6s and really like the exposed air unit look, that I've written stuff like the 1s and even AF1s off that have the classic Nike type of sole. I haven't owned a pair of low white AF1s since high school.

Edit: that's dope pac gear!

Last edited:
back in the day i saw them for 400 day of release after they sold out at modells. passed thinking 4 was too much. different time

Yeah I was 20 yrs old. Didn't have steady income and I was saving up for my first car. I was also buying guitars, amplifiers and that sort of stuff. I wasn't used to paying that much for shoes. $300 seemed excessive even though they were $150/pair and the resale was crazier. At that time only really limited stuff, PEs and samples were fetching that kind of resale money. Today I would scoop up 4 of those dmp packs without thinking twice.

Those look fresh! I gotta go to a store and try whatever 1 is available since there's always at least one colorway. I guess it's really that I've gotten so used to walking around in the 3-6s and really like the exposed air unit look, that I've written stuff like the 1s and even AF1s off that have the classic Nike type of sole. I haven't owned a pair of low white AF1s since high school.

Edit: that's dope pac gear!
I appreciate it my friend, those are the famous Chicago 1s and the 2Pac jersey I purchased from sneakgallery.com. 

Nudies, you already know :nthat:

Yep. I'm pissed they don't have orange stitching on their selvage straight leg fits anymore. I started off with the RRDS (regular ralf) a decade ago. They got rid of that when bootcut went out of style even though the leg opening wasn't as wide as TR boot cuts. They have a new fit called steady eddie which is straight but tapered. I think they even stopped making what's in my pic (straight alf) and now the whole line is mostly skinny. It always was but they had more straight and baggy models.

Last edited:
Yep. I'm pissed they don't have orange stitching on their selvage straight leg fits anymore. I started off with the RRDS (regular ralf) a decade ago. They got rid of that when bootcut went out of style even though the leg opening wasn't as wide as TR boot cuts. They have a new fit called steady eddie which is straight but tapered. I think they even stopped making what's in my pic (straight alf) and now the whole line is mostly skinny. It always was but they had more straight and baggy models.

I feel you. I usually do Grim Tims, I have about 3 pairs.

9s and 11s? easy way to get me to pass on a pack. 9s are booty cheeks and should only come in cleats

9s and 11s? easy way to get me to pass on a pack. 9s are booty cheeks and should only come in cleats
Come on my friends we have to use common sense it wouldn't make sense for Nike/JB to make those to shoes a pack when they can make more money making them a general and holiday 11 release respectively.

Back
Top Bottom