Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

lol XIs are crazy played out but how awesome would it be if they were the first release of the ones he wore in the movie aka the black concords, that would cause trouble especially if remastered and with the og 96 box

Has it ever been confirmed that he wore the black concords in the movie? the only good shot I've ever seen from the movie looked like a blue jumpman. Also, the soles on the black concords he wore in the '95 playoffs had a blue tint and the ones in the movie looked more clear. I was never convinced it was the same shoe. There's also the 23 vs 45 issue. If he wore black concords in the film the 2000 and 2009 releases were both a sham.

Has it ever been confirmed that he wore the black concords in the movie? the only good shot I've ever seen from the movie looked like a blue jumpman. Also, the soles on the black concords he wore in the '95 playoffs had a blue tint and the ones in the movie looked more clear. I was never convinced it was the same shoe. There's also the 23 vs 45 issue. If he wore black concords in the film the 2000 and 2009 releases were both a sham.
im probably wrong then, i thought he wore the black concord in the movie but i guess you really cant tell, ill just be happy with a good shape and PL height at this point and no sparkly patent, i would be so mad if JB trolled us like that

im probably wrong then, i thought he wore the black concord in the movie but i guess you really cant tell, ill just be happy with a good shape and PL height at this point and no sparkly patent, i would be so mad if JB trolled us like that

I can't say you're wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if even Nike didn't know for sure. I just know it wasn't the same sample he wore in the playoffs cuz they had 23 on the back in the movie. There is a pic of a sample floating around with purple jumpman and 23 on the back claiming to be a sample for the film but I don't know if authenticity has even been confirmed. There was also the issue of purple looking blue with old cameras. I don't think we will ever know for sure unless MJ pulls them out of his closet.

What are you two talking about? The Black Concord and Space Jam are the same shoe, they appeared to have a blue jumpman because of the cameras and lighting.

He did

Before we all start getting at each other over the color let's lighten things up...

Since this is a thread dedicated to the Space Jam XI, which is obviously being released due to the 20th anniversary of the film, who remembers the Jordan Dome?

OLD info running NT a while back...Thread was started by @vcshoxj6 so credit goes out to him for digging this up a couple years ago...Pulled it up right now and figured it would be fitting...

Here is the link to the old thread if yall want to take a look...
http://niketalk.com/t/532086/jordan-dome-pick-up-games-rare-video-footage-any-more-out-there

NYTimes link...
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/29/s...s-to-be-like-the-old-mike.html?pagewanted=all

Here's a little piece of the article regarding the "Jordan Dome" that Warner Bros. built for MJ's use during the filming on the movie...
"Now people are saying Hakeem is the best player. They're right. He was the best last year, and he still is. That's motivation. It's a pride thing. Can I change that, within the confines of what's best for this team, and help us win another championship? I can't make those judgments myself. But I can play the kind of basketball I played two years ago, then let people make a choice."

Inspired by that challenge, Jordan trained this off season like never before, starting his summer routine with his personal trainer six weeks earlier than usual. He spent eight weeks filming a Warner Brothers movie, "Space Jam," which is scheduled to be released around Christmas of next year.

But filming in Burbank, Calif., was hardly a vacation. Jordan agreed to spend that much time on the set only after Warner Brothers built a temporary workout facility dubbed "The Jordan Dome," a huge, air-conditioned tent on the set that included a full-length basketball court, weights, a locker room, a lounge and a television with a satellite dish.

On a typical day, Jordan would work on the movie from 8 A.M. until lunch. After that, it was 90 minutes of weight training, followed by more filming, which ended no later than 7 P.M. Then, it was time to play ball. When word of the Jordan Dome spread, N.B.A. players flocked to play pickup games. Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Grant Hill, Rod Strickland, Glen Rice, Juwan Howard, Lamond Murray, Shawn Bradley, Chris Mills and many others joined Jordan for games that helped him recapture the timing and instincts he lost during the 21 months he spent away from the game.

The results are noticeable. Jordan weighs about 216 pounds, up 8 pounds from the end of last season. He is stronger and wider through the shoulders, but slimmer and leaner in his upper legs. The spring in his legs has returned. The residue of his abbreviated baseball career has been eradicated.

"In baseball, you only get to run when you get a hit," Jordan said, smiling. "I didn't get to do as much running as I wanted."

By the end of the summer, word had spread that Jordan looked razor sharp.

"I had never played with him before," said Tyus Edney, a rookie guard with the Sacramento Kings who played several games with Jordan in Burbank. "One time he went to the basket, and it looked like he just wanted to see how long he could hang in the air. I shook my head."

Those around Jordan every day say his old swagger has returned. It was not only Jordan's talent that made him dominant, but also his confidence.

Some vids...Don't see any with the Space Jam XI's particularly but he's rocking XI's throughout...

Repped!! Would be dope if they did like a pop-up dome for this release maybe in the summer (with early pairs available) similar to terminal 23

What are you two talking about? The Black Concord and Space Jam are the same shoe, they appeared to have a blue jumpman because of the cameras and lighting.

I know you are new at this but they are not the same shoe even if they do both have a purple jumpman. The sample MJ wore in the 1995 playoffs had 45 on the back and the pair he wore in Space Jam had 23. I prefer the blue jumpman but none of these releases deserved any of the hype if MJ in fact wore a purple jumpman in the film.

Looking at it logically, while I'd love a Concord "45", we'll get a Royal "23"...

Honestly though I'm fine with that...Fix the cut of the patent, use a decent quality leather on the ankle area, and stitch the numbers on the back...That'd be a win...

Looking at it logically, while I'd love a Concord "45", we'll get a Royal "23"...

Honestly though I'm fine with that...Fix the cut of the patent, use a decent quality leather on the ankle area, and stitch the numbers on the back...That'd be a win...

You want blue or clear sole?

I like the 45 version. Since JB will prob make these diff than the 2009 and 00 pair I can see these either having royal with the 45, or Concord with the 45, of Concord and the 45. But then there's the question of, will there be Jumpman Jam, Jumpman Jordan, or space jam on the tongue. My bet's on Jumpman Jam since this is the anniversary of the movie. I'm not worried though, I've been trying to find out where I can get some of that secret stuff :rofl:
View media item 1929019

Last edited:
ill take as many as i can get 
nthat.gif
pimp.gif

Not to mention that the Space Jams MJ wore im the movie in the close shot had the vertical 23 at the heel but the black concords had 45 horizontal.
I believe MJ mostly wore the black concords in the movie as it was shot in the summer of 1995 but some scenes were added later on (probably the close shot) and in the intro where you see Randy Brown and MJ hugging the pill after defeating the Sonics in 6 games in June 1996.
I think the black concords jumpman was too dark and they used another sample for that shot to make it very obvious.

Forgot all about the Jordan dome, brings back memories :pimp:
Thanks for posting those videos repped.

Going to cop these and rock them to the ground, Jams look better with dat yellow. Need both Jumpmen facing the same direction.

Back
Top Bottom