AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

To this day, I still wonder if this free throw line dunk at his age of this commercial was real. Had a magazine back in the 90's that said it was but can't find it for nothing now. He was between 33 - 36 at time of it. So, it's not out of the realm of possibility that it is.
I think even back then I was like na :lol: he probably could’ve but that wasn’t it lol

I feel like this was discussed in some detail years ago but I may be mixing it up with another commercial or whatever. Either way, I'm pretty sure I read an article or interview where a director of such commercials back in that general era said it was typical to lower the rims for commercial shoots. Made things easier on everyone. Wouldn't surprise me if for that commercial Mike did jump from the line but only had to reach an 8- or 9-foot goal, which obviously could've been made to look legit in post-production editing. If you think about it, it would make sense to do that even if he could actually still do it for real, which I have no idea if he could. No sense in risking injury for a commercial. Plus, if you need to do multiple attempts/takes, making it easier on the athlete makes complete sense.

Last edited:
I think it’s cgi all the way

Could be. I'd bet he was actually filmed dribbling, jumping, and slamming the ball, but it could've been a shorter and lower distance than an actual FTL dunk.
Or, looking at the commercial again ... It may not be an artistic reason for the way the dunk footage is edited. We see him take off at the line, then it cuts back to his face, then cuts back to him a good distance closer to the rim in the air. They may have had him jump from the line and pull the ball back, and then just land without trying to make it to the rim. Then they may have filmed him doing the same dunk but from several feet inside the line, which is where he is when it cuts back to him flying through the air. That simple little edit would make it look like one dunk when it's actually two separate takeoffs.

Last edited:
His best season ever IMO

Could score anywhere, shutdown any 2 or 3, with plenty of quickness and bounce. Basketball IQ was unmatched.

Totally agree…That was the most well rounded version of himself that ever stepped on the court…Should've gotten MVP that season if not for the media being on the never ending ~Malone deserves to win one~ tip…

Classics

Attachments

• 20231108_100706.jpg
    20231108_100706.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 839
you obviously a mid 90's follower. 87-89 MJ was GOD. 1990- 1991 was his best season

Maybe peak athleticism take off from the free throw MJ.

97 MJ was at the peak of his iq and a mid range/post up GOD. that made it so he didn’t need to finish over the top even though he could still very well finish over the top on cats with ease. Check tape

I finally got around to going over my pair…. They are better than the last release… but I’m glad I didn’t double up
I rather double up on the NG lows or get a pair of EP 1 lows

Back
Top Bottom