AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

The shape on the playoffs last year wasn’t too bad imo. Better than what most 12’s have been the last few years. The shade of red is what I’m actually worried about.

The shape of my 2016 blk/reds looks good imo.

20211106_133850.jpeg

IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1107.jpeg
IMG_1125.jpeg

The OGs are sleek but angled like straight lines, newer shoes are more sloped like a curve. Another thing I’ve noticed with my AMM blk/white and those 16 b/reds the lizard skin height is way shorter compared to OGs

👀
Bingo

The AMM mold is definitely different from the last pair of 12’s I got which were the Royalty’s. To my knowledge there is no new mold bringing them in line with the OG’s.

I get the impression that 12-14 they really don’t care as much as the early models, or think we don’t care as much.

All that said, I had OG Playoff 12’s until about 2017. They weren’t much more comfortable even if they were bulkier. Getting the leather overlay in spec would be the one thing I really want if they aren’t going to revisit the OG mold. The shoe looks better that way. But as far as the leather panels or ankle padding matching the OG, I care a lot less.

Guess it’s also possible without increasing the height the shoe looks off with the larger leather overlay.

The thing I hate most is definitely the chop down of the lower leather panel as well. It's like night and day when comparing literally any pair of 12's that aren't OG to an actual 1997 pair. The AMM collaboration pairs were a huge letdown for me and although I got both pair for retail, I traded both on TradeBlock with the quickness. I was honestly expecting a much better execution for a "2023 Quality" Nike shoe but o well.

Really prefer the bulky OG shape versus the slim shape that's so prevalent now. Im really...really praying that Nike gives us new tooling that's closer to the original shape when they release these new Cherrys taking into account that they did improve the shape and resemblance to the OG's on the 4s with the SB release and the 1s with the 1985 line, as well as the 2's, 3's, 6's, 7's and 11's but Im not gonna get my hopes up at all.

I'll definitely be going into the stash later either this week or next to dig out all of my deadstock OG 12's and posting pics just so the beauty of the originals can be highlighted. I have every color way and luckily they all have held up great considering that they're 26 years old now.

Absolutely need these. Had two pairs of ogs when I was in high school starting out on these interwebs and sneaker forums. . . Both pairs, the soles separated horribly within a few wears. 2009 came around and it was either these or space yams and needless to say, im glad I can finally own these.

Sure it does. I had an OG pair and these look almost exactly like it.

You not the only one that had OGs bro lol

I got a pair sittin right here as we speak.

Your credibility is questionable lately.

i think you were the cat who said those playoff 8s look better than OG’s and I let u slide with that.

But now it’s becoming a trend with you and your excitement for these retros.

You gotta relax.

Back
Top Bottom