AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

My mom grabbed me the OG reds instead of the white/black, and initially I was kinda sick.

But soon after I was like damn moms knew what she was doin :pimp:
I was the opposite. Bought white/blacks on release day. Then when I saw him wearing white/reds in a game, I was sick I hadn’t waited. Back then didn’t know what was coming out. And no way I was buying two pairs of Jordans so close together. Broke in college.

The year before, he wore the Concord all season. So naturally I thought it would be the same with the Taxi. I wanted them so damn bad . But when I first saw the White and Reds, I really thought it was just a special color for him only. It was not till I saw them in Eastbay later on that I knew we could actually get them. Wanted both but Taxi will always be number one to me. Trust me, either pair would have been purchased on site back then if I had enough birthday money with me.

Desperately wanted a pair of OG 12s back when I was in junior high but my mom wouldn’t budge on buying me a pair after the multiple news reports of kids getting killed for their 11s in our area. She wouldn’t budge from that stance until the 14s :rofl:

I was lucky enough to own both OG Taxis and OG white/reds. Y’all know white/reds are one of my grails. Back in 97’ I wanted to add Playoffs to the collection but no way was moms buying me a 3rd pair of the same shoe lol 😂

The year before, he wore the Concord all season. So naturally I thought it would be the same with the Taxi. I wanted them so damn bad . But when I first saw the White and Reds, I really thought it was just a special color for him only. It was not till I saw them in Eastbay later on that I knew we could actually get them. Wanted both but Taxi will always be number one to me. Trust me, either pair would have been purchased on site back then if I had enough birthday money with me.
Yeah, I could’ve bought them with the bit of money I had but back then I actually exercised a sliver of restraint lol. I felt too guilty buying another pair when my first pair was fine and I only wore my Js for hooping in at the time.

Yeah, I could’ve bought them with the bit of money I had but back then I actually exercised a sliver of restraint lol. I felt too guilty buying another pair when my first pair was fine and I only wore my Js for hooping in at the time.
I would have probably done the same thing. Even during my broke boy years after HS I passed on so much. My little man needed diapers and food. lol.

He wore the Taxi on the road a few times iirc.
Once, vs the Nets with the black pinstripes.

1684546465497.jpeg

I was lucky enough to own both OG Taxis and OG white/reds. Y’all know white/reds are one of my grails. Back in 97’ I wanted to add Playoffs to the collection but no way was moms buying me a 3rd pair of the same shoe lol 😂
I actually didn't care for the Taxis back in the day. I've come around on them now but back then they were so plain as the entry colorway. 11s had the CONCORDS and then 12s with the Taxis felt so different back then. Wht/Reds were my favorite followed by Obsidians, then Playoffs, Flu Games, Taxis were last.

Why are they called Taxi’s again? Is it just the yellow on the back and NYC taxis? Thats what I always heard and always kinda just shrugged the explanation and accepted it cause theres only that little bit of yellow on it. :lol:

12’s are hella underrated, the side view of the shoe is just a beauty. That commercial up there man, the shape of the shoe is just SO nice.

Why are they called Taxi’s again? Is it just the yellow on the back and NYC taxis? Thats what I always heard and always kinda just shrugged the explanation and accepted it cause theres only that little bit of yellow on it. :lol:

12’s are hella underrated, the side view of the shoe is just a beauty. That commercial up there man, the shape of the shoe is just SO nice.
Taxi yellow. Small hits of the color. Similar to the Concord name for the 11.

Man I use to go into the OG flightclub by waverly place in NYC, just to stare in Aww at the white/red 12 and white/red/black 13.

They were soooo beautiful, and I told myself one day I will own them.

Which I did eventually own two OG pairs of each.

Skipped the 2009 as I hate the red. Hoping this red is promising!!

I actually didn't care for the Taxis back in the day. I've come around on them now but back then they were so plain as the entry colorway. 11s had the CONCORDS and then 12s with the Taxis felt so different back then. Wht/Reds were my favorite followed by Obsidians, then Playoffs, Flu Games, Taxis were last.
Maybe its just me but I find the Taxi's to be the best og colorway of the 12's just as I find Concords to be the best og colorway of the 11's. You just cant go wrong with the white and black colorway its just so simple yet so clean. I can say the same for the He Got Game 13's thats also the best og colorway on the 13's imo.

I think materials used is a huge factor, as well as color placement. We never saw a white/red 11 back then cause it would have been too radical (unless they had use a Columbia style with red soles), the Concords were already a very bold shoe for the time cause patent leather on a sneaker was a totally new idea.

With the 12’s and 13’s it was easier to churn out more colorways that would appeal to the public. For the 13, I probably would take the HGG over the Chicagos, but for the 12’s I’m team white/red all day. That bright red is just too beautiful and goes perfect with the concept of the shoe. For 11’s I’m team black/red by just a hair over Concords, bred 11 is literally my goat sneaker.

Last edited:
My mom grabbed me the OG reds instead of the white/black, and initially I was kinda sick.

But soon after I was like damn moms knew what she was doin :pimp:
I remember everyone wanting Wht/Blk back then. The others were worn but that's was the one everyone wanted here. Wasn't even close.

I ended up with Blk/Red and it seemed by far the least popular at the time. I think maybe the straight Blk/Red was a little too much still in 97' or something. I remember people saying it looked like a black shoe that someone spilled ketchup all over lol.

Those ones seem like they might be the most popular now.

Back
Top Bottom