Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

One of my favorite Jordan’s of all time and they managed to completely mess it up once again. I try to see the bright side of these but when I saw these in person the shape is off and gray is too dark. It’s still a nice shoe nonetheless but just like a lot of other Jordan’s it doesn’t compare to the original.

One of my favorite Jordan’s of all time and they managed to completely mess it up once again. I try to see the bright side of these but when I saw these in person the shape is off and gray is too dark. It’s still a nice shoe nonetheless but just like a lot of other Jordan’s it doesn’t compare to the original.
Yup they look stupid lol , they don’t look nothing like OG

Pair arrived today! I'm more satisfied then anything so much better then the last release yes I could of waited but I waited long enough I must say in person there more navy then French blue if you was wondering
7C76E5CA-B997-403A-A6BE-94B0FB018695.jpeg
5652175F-7A6E-47C9-8ECD-AE0CA2DCD1CD.jpeg

:pimp:. I think I heard someone else on here say it best...went something like “I’m gonna sit back and watch everyone else cry and complain about the small stuff while I happily copp and enjoy these classics” or something like that. Same applies here and I share the same sentiment. These will be had and they look great.

:pimp:. I think I heard someone else on here say it best...went something like “I’m gonna sit back and watch everyone else cry and complain about the small stuff while I happily copp and enjoy these classics” or something like that. Same applies here and I share the same sentiment. These will be had and they look great.

The complaints come from a place of love tho. We want these to be dope and they just aren't. If you had the 2017 Black/Red 13s then you'd know why we're all complaining. Those had horrible quality and a super weird shape and these look to be the same

These have Gentry written all over them.

The complaints come from a place of love tho. We want these to be dope and they just aren't. If you had the 2017 Black/Red 13s then you'd know why we're all complaining. Those had horrible quality and a super weird shape and these look to be the same

Idk I just see flint 13s with much appreciated 3M when I look at these lol. I admit I’m not as hung up on details as some others are when it comes to 13s. They just always look the same to me. If you wanna say the OG had a better shape then fine but every release since then has looked for the most part the same to me build wise. I’m not a bred 13 guy so I don’t have those to compare but I do remember the shape on the last retro of those was pretty bad. These flints don’t look like that to me though. I’m struggling to find a problem with what I see like others in here and that tells me everything need to know. 1. were all different which is ok because I think they did a good job on these and 2. I’m copping day one and can’t wait to do so.

Idk I just see flint 13s with much appreciated 3M when I look at these lol. I admit I’m not as hung up on details as some others are when it comes to 13s. They just always look the same to me. If you wanna say the OG had a better shape then fine but every release since then has looked for the most part the same to me build wise. I’m not a bred 13 guy so I don’t have those to compare but I do remember the shape on the last retro of those was pretty bad. These flints don’t look like that to me though. I’m struggling to find a problem with what I see like others in here and that tells me everything need to know. 1. were all different which is ok because I think they did a good job on these and 2. I’m copping day one and can’t wait to do so.
This happens a lot on NT. To me, it’s often not that I see the retro version and think it’s literal ****. But a lot of them could be way better, and that’s where the complaints come from. Then people say, if you hate them so much, don’t buy them and shut up. Ok, but when you love a certain shoe and know it’ll be many years before they come back, often you buy them as the best option you have. But that doesn’t mean you don’t also have a right to point out what needs improving. Some people seem to think these things have to be mutually exclusive. But they don’t.

These are the 05s. Look at the shape

I'll still probably buy the 2020s cause my 05s are beat, but they did a horrible job IMO. The shape is bad, the upper looks flat instead of padded, the toe box looks weird, the cut seems low.

All they did was give 3m back and people seem to be satisfied

These are the 05s. Look at the shape

I'll still probably buy the 2020s cause my 05s are beat, but they did a horrible job IMO. The shape is bad, the upper looks flat instead of padded, the toe box looks weird, the cut seems low.

All they did was give 3m back and people seem to be satisfied

Original '98 release, not the '05 retro.

- Navy mesh paneling and lining instead of french blue
- No peekaboo lining on the tongue
- Actual flint grey on the suede heel, upper and midsole
- The shape of the '04-'05 retros was fine, for the most part, but originals possessed a perfectly sharp slant that has yet to be reproduced
- '97-'99 silver Jordan Brand box

Vippp.23 primarily, if not only, posts originals, to my knowledge. Seeing as you own the '05s, though, it's possible you just mistyped.

All the “complaints” in here are completely justified. We waited for so long to get those black/red 13s with 3m. Once 3m was announced everybody was hyped just to be let down by that low cut banana boat shape we got. Like I said before even most of the official pics of the bred 13s had the banana boat shape and other pics they looked choked to hell. That’s not acceptable if they gonna make us wait to finally get 3m only to charge us higher prices for lower quality. The Tiffany 13s have a better shape than these 🤦🏽‍♂️ JB outta pocket

So whats Nike excuse for the XIII shape issue. Looking at the OG above, it is a perfect slant from the top to the bottom. Why not just make it the exact same. Why is it different. Its not like it is a 3 or 4 and was made in 1988-89. These were just released in 1997-98. They have to have the mold for these. What they are releasing is total CRAP, I have never owned the flints , and until they fix the shape prob never will. Its a shame because of how nice the colorway is, but that long *** toe just ruins it IMHO.

So whats Nike excuse for the XIII shape issue. Looking at the OG above, it is a perfect slant from the top to the bottom. Why not just make it the exact same. Why is it different. Its not like it is a 3 or 4 and was made in 1988-89. These were just released in 1997-98. They have to have the mold for these. What they are releasing is total CRAP, I have never owned the flints , and until they fix the shape prob never will. Its a shame because of how nice the colorway is, but that long *** toe just ruins it IMHO.

I think it's some kind of "any-creasing" strategy.

Anybody who had old school 13s knows they crease like crazy. I never really minded this and I thought I looked good, but these new heads hate creasing.

I have the 2017 Black and Red 13s and used to wear them regularly to the gym. They just don't crease permanently no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom