Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

I wonder if these are going to have those PU type insoles they’ve been putting in a lot of the OG Jordans for the past few years.

The 5 Stages of Grief:

1. Anger

Nike STOP with curly elf sole. Nobody foot is shaped like that. These aren’t running shoes.

2. Denial

Navy :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
3M :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
Suede midsole :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
Tongue height :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
No:emoji_banana: :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

3. Depression

Beautiful. OGs were just timeless. Really takes me back to my childhood and simpler time. Of course I want them to look like this but such is life.

4. Bargaining

You can't iron the toe box and shape it same way dudes in the 3s/4s/5s threads be doing?

5. Acceptance

It's close enough.

I’m buying.

:lol:

You can't iron the toe box and shape it same way dudes in the 3s/4s/5s threads be doing?
As someone who successfully ironed the toes of the black/cement IVs, I don't think so. The entire toe box on 13s is really stiff. Also, on the IVs, all you're really doing is ironing out the actual front of the toes to give the toe rand some slope/curve. These 13s need the entire toe box reshaped, not just the tip of it.
To me it’s not even the toe box, it’s the shape of the outsole that’s the problem. Should be more flat.
Yup. But careful with that, it's like shining a Bat Signal right in tonytobacco tonytobacco 's eyes :lol:

I really dont hate the shape that much on the 13s in the last few years. When I wear my white and black pair, they look normal to me. Back then, 98 and on. I really wasnt paying attention that much to how they looked out the box. But what I do remember, they were banana shot to hell when I got done with em. The curved up toe look gonna happen eventually.

Went and pulled this from the archives....but I had done a side by side of the 2017 Bred to the OG. Kinda hard to tell the shape, but the banana wasn't as bad as the last set of pics posted for the Flints. You can see the toe curl on the pic from the front though. I just hope I don't end up with a pair that bad.

OG is on the left or top of all pics

8F753B3D-7579-48AE-A17A-5BBB7BFDBDE3.jpeg
04725F95-84CE-4180-8170-6C201ED80F20.jpeg

2AC036BB-8553-4A80-BEE1-59F3AE04FD76.jpeg
91861D77-2BCB-4FEB-893B-E2421DA2B321.jpeg
BA8D4385-68D5-48CC-BC20-268BD47C73B6.jpeg
CA1C3A12-19EC-41B8-94A3-F24900E37E4F.jpeg
C9AB30E9-02AA-496F-A30E-FAF21A46807C.jpeg

Really sad to see what they done to the shape of 13's. I'll cop a pair of Flints but this SHOULD be a double. Not happening with that shape.

Looking forward to the 5's more honestly.

Last edited:
I really dont hate the shape that much on the 13s in the last few years. When I wear my white and black pair, they look normal to me. Back then, 98 and on. I really wasnt paying attention that much to how they looked out the box. But what I do remember, they were banana shot to hell when I got done with em. The curved up toe look gonna happen eventually.

Great points. For these reasons, the shape of the toe box is a non-issue (for me).

I want the colors to be accurate. And true-to-OG contours are necessary for the quilted material and suede on the lateral side of the shoe -- particularly around the pinky toe area.

If I can find a left and right that each have what you called the "suede dip", I'll be ready to overlook the other shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom