Air Jordan 2010 Topics MERGED!

I can see why people would liken it to the XV in a way... it's arguably the least popular of the numbered Jordans. That said, They were going for somethingdifferent at the time, and
to some extent, i feel like the shoe has maybe just a tiny bit of merit to it.

The 2010 however....

Originally Posted by kidslikekix

Of all the AJ shoes that Tinker designed (3-15, 20, 23, 2010) there are only 3 that I didn't feel; the AJ X, because in my opinion there was nothing special about the shoe. No real tech-detail that stood out. All it was was a shoe with his stats on the sole, and it colorblocked well. the AJ XV, looked great in pics, but in person, to me, it didn't feel like a quality product. It just felt cheap, in my opinion. And not there are these AJ 2010.

The problem for me is when designers attempt to build stories into shoes. Stories that are pointless. I don't know if anyone checked out the part in the Video when they said that the "Carolina Blue" in the sockliner is supposed to represent MJ's love for North Carolina. The fact is, that foam that is used, naturally comes in that color.

IIRC, Tinker had some input into these, but most of the work was done by Mayden(?) I haven't liked every Jordan Tinker's done, but there's usuallybeen some sort of structure to the design.
To me, these are just a bunch or random angles in a generic shoe, with a random midsole design and a see through window because it looks 'cool'.

Maybe Tinker had more input into these than i realised, and maybe i'm seeing things that aren't there, but in the vid it seems to me like he'sfairly disinterested in the shoe, and that he's struggling to come up with a sales pitch for it.

This could've been a turnaround model for the Jordan Line. It doesn't matter if it's the best performing Jordan yet, it just looks cluttered. The2009 was no looker either, but at least there was a sort of 'cleaness' to it.

Oh, and something about the toebox material looks really cheap to me... maybe im just looking for excuses there though.

What a trash design. What happens when the damn holes YELLOW
laugh.gif

Wow... Kobe's >>>> Jordan's in 2010, then... and I don't even like Kobe Bryant.

Damn, Mike.

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

Be careful showing these MAze.

Trust me

I mentioned before that the samples I saw had a "gimmick" - Do these still have them
wink.gif

The color "gimmick" ?

Or the "flash" gimmick?
laugh.gif

BabyJ.. you gotta tune in when I ask Wade about these...

laugh.gif
~ Sweet Rockdeep.
I would love too, keep me updated

* EDIT - Sorry Maze I did not realize they have released the video as well. No more "under wraps" untilFeb.

^^ "So Dwayne, the 2k9 was the shoe that signalled to the world that Jordan Brand was terminally ill. These new 2010s are the shoe that certifies that thebrand has indeed passed away. How does it feel to be the poster boy for the grim reaper?"

Seriously? These made it past any sort of design meeting? Someone signed off on that big window? Tinker did anything more to these than turn up for the videoand look vaguely disinterested / midly embarrased?

These are bloody awful and deserve to suffer the same fate that befell the 2009s - a lifetime of shelf rotting until the price hits a low enough pointthat people can justify buying these 'because they were cheap'

The whole thing reeks of cheapness and the whole story telling crap that we're being fed again is just a smokescreen to hide the fact that Jordanthemselves know this product sucks but hey what the hell they did a billion dollars last year on the back of putting out a whole load of crap

It really is a shame to see what Jordan has become - it used to be the benchmark for peformance basketball and did some lifestyle stuff as well - now thebalance has tipped too far the other way but if it still sells then thats the way its gonna keep going. With the exception of the retros, their stuff is ajoke, and considering what MJ was to a lot of people for a long time, not a particularly amusing one at that.

I don't necessarily like the window idea but I see what they were trying to do. But making it a large circle kills the flow of the entire shoe. I thinkit would look much better with an irregular shape. Something more like this:

Whose idea was the hole in the middle? Very disapointing.
Remind me of some fake cheap kobe iv's.

Which thread was it that I said these two would be doin this shoe, but be careful what you ask for.

I hope everyone decides to stop jocking EVERYTHING Tinker does. I love Tinker and Mark to death, but hey..... everyone has a miss. These would have been anEXCELLENT team shoe....save for the Hole in the middle...

Hey... at least we can all look forward to the Jordan Commercial. Those have been pretty good lately.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Which thread was it that I said these two would be doin this shoe, but be careful what you ask for.

You said these were a collaboration between Tinker and Jason Mayden.

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

laugh.gif
~ Sweet Rockdeep.
I would love too, keep me updated

* EDIT - Sorry Maze I did not realize they have released the video as well. No more "under wraps" until Feb.

All good. All of this info and the sharing of this info by me was completely authorized by Jordan Brand anyway. No leaks here. All legit.

MaZe

These look like a team Jordan, in fact I think the 16.5 looks better. They're doing waaaaay too much with the sole.

Maybe another colorway might be better, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by RockDeep

You said these were a collaboration between Tinker and Jason Mayden.

Im not sure how much Jay May really put in on this one actually...blco... but I know Tink Tink was the Lead for sure...

and for you guys excited to see Wades sig........dont be. That's all Im saying...

^
laugh.gif
...Greatttt.............

I still don't know what to say about these really.....

So many things I hate about it...The textures..the Patterns..The midsole on the medial side....And oh ya...The circle...The infamous circle..

better than the 2009s, but not great. might consider getting them on sale...maybe. they should have just put full length zoom double stacked in the heel on the16.5's and called it a day. i passed on the 2009s, most likely will pass on these. I ve been buying jordans for the last 21 years,and the XX3s are the endof the line as far as im concerned. Unfortunately the jordan era is over. it was great while it lasted and i have alot of memories playing in my J's whenmichael was playing and actually being able to attend a game during the 70 win season when he dropped 40 on the warriors. i will only buy retro originalcolorways that i really liked back in the day from now on. time to move on. All Hail the Zoom BBs.

any pictures of the "transparent" outsole? just like what tinker mentioned and showed in the video?

My initial reaction was a radical W T F????... But I like these A LOT. Way more than the 19's, 21's, 22's and 2K9s (Premier 2k9's are still apersonal fav).

The je ne sais quoi factor in this shoe is off the charts.

But no way in hell am I paying retail for them.

Back
Top Bottom