Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
quality is too horrible to cop
i don't know what you're talking about but i've been wearing mine 5x 10 hours a day and my pair is still clean. sure, there's creasing around the toe box with the soft leather but other than that the paint is still good. the only reason i can see people are claiming these shoes are bad quality is because they'er too heavy and if you put a lot of weight on these the paint will crack. im only 140lbs and all my shoe last for a long while before the paint start chipping. 

Was able to cop a DS pair off of eBay for $154 shipped. Not bad! Looking forward to seeing these in person

All retros are goona be at least $170 next year.

Yeah, buts its a ***** move by JB to release a shoe at 160 this year, and they have the retailers raise the price on the ones that still remain two weeks later or on restocks. Nike did that BS on the Free Runs last year. I know its not much, but its a scumbag move doing it. If they wanted the higher price, they should've released it at the higher price.

i don't know what you're talking about but i've been wearing mine 5x 10 hours a day and my pair is still clean. sure, there's creasing around the toe box with the soft leather but other than that the paint is still good. the only reason i can see people are claiming these shoes are bad quality is because they'er too heavy and if you put a lot of weight on these the paint will crack. im only 140lbs and all my shoe last for a long while before the paint start chipping. 

The good thing about this release was that most people had the opportunity to look at pairs before buying and switching them up if needed. There were some pairs that had shiny leather and some that didn't. The ones with shine looked bad, so there were pairs that looked bad quality wise. It was hit or miss when buying them online, which explains that some people would say the quality was bad.

Picked up a pair today for 150 DS they ran a little small imo. I like them for the most part. Looks like they used a different painting process. Also like how they got Back to OG roots with the thin strip of elephant print. Hope they hold up, Picked them over the 5s to save myself the headache of  yellowing. The way I see it between Laneys White Grapes and Black grapes I'll have enough headaches. Also my Fire Red 4s are barely worn but are horrible quality had to get the Right Back up.

they do run a little small cause the toe box curved in. that thing hurt my little toe.
Hmmm mines fit perfectly, I think TTS.  I did a lot of walking in them and haven't had any issues with them.  Thinking of getting a second pair to keep around for later.

Just over 2 weeks but they finally got here.. Got lucky on a finishline restock the 27th. I was able to check out on one 3 weeks ago but that got cancelled the next day. This order was still processing for 2 days so I decided to call. A store in Cali had it but they didn't ship it out till forever. They were tried on but its all good.

View media item 576940View media item 576941
On my feet and out the door. Happy Friday folks.
View media item 576942

Im an advocate for New retros (simply because we get to wear classic colorways without having to worry about them falling apart). I usually stick up for most re-retros, but I must admit I went with this years Fire Red 3s over the Frie Red 5s and dont regret it at all. They seem to look way better then these 5s. I saw the 5s close up instead of on feet for the first time today.  The paint seems a little too shiney and something just seems off. Happy the White Grapes were done right. Hopefully Laneys look as great as grapes. But I must thank Jordan brand for FINALLY getting fire red 3s quality right for once. The heavier more durable midsole with different paint process, the soft tumbled leather, and the thin strip of elephant print on the toe (reminiscent of OGs) did them a world of favors. Cant really say the 5s got that treatment. Also jordan brand has proven time and time again that they can get a shoe right but have horrible qualitly for others. Like White Cement 3s quality compared to Black Cement 3s, or White Cement 4s compared to Fire red 4s Quality.

Just walked in to Footlocker and exchange some shoes and doubled up on these instead. They still have them, but not sure how many sizes they still have left.
They also had the weatherman foams and candy blue foams as well.

Restock was pretty weak but if you're wondering what you missed:

Fire Red 3s

Fear 3s

Toro 4s

Green Glow 4s

Fear 4s

Fire Red 5s

Playoff 8s

11 lows

Shadow 1s

Meteorology KD 6

Blitz Blue Kobe 8

Champ Pack Lebron

Weatherman Foams

Royal Foams

Camo Foams

Hazelnut Lebrons

Black Suede Lebrons

AM 95 DBs

DB Dunks

MLB All-Star Bo's

Restock was pretty weak but if you're wondering what you missed:

Fear 3s
Toro 4s
Fear 4s

Hazelnut Lebrons
Black Suede Lebrons
MLB All-Star Bo's
DAMN I needed those LeBrons, Fear III's and maybe another pair of IV's. Return my pair for some new ones. DAMN you Nike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom