Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

This thread though... Whoa lol...

I'm still waiting on my pears so I can get in on the action. Come on Nike and Footlocker deliveries.

original-air-jordan-3-true-blue-nike-air-1.jpg
We will never get nothing this close unless they closely monitor the production or start making the shoes again in Taiwan .

The elephant print on the toe of the OG fire reds is wack.

On another note, rocked my pair today :D

Attachments

• IMG_4997.JPG
    IMG_4997.JPG
    587.4 KB · Views: 30
Not the same people though. It really don't matter where they come from if they are mass produced, they will take shortcuts.

Not the same people though. It really don't matter where they come from if they are mass produced, they will take shortcuts.
U are right so why complain about them not saying you but others if you dont like them return or dont buy there are made to wear. Who really examines other people's shoes besides us I'm not going to stop anyone and say I see your glue stains and your ep is fat

U are right so why complain about them not saying you but others if you dont like them return or dont buy there are made to wear. Who really examines other people's shoes besides us I'm not going to stop anyone and say I see your glue stains and your ep is fat
Ive been satisfied with everything I have purchased. No problems here. Maybe I'm lucky. Or maybe I don't look that hard. They are shoes. Shoes.

That’s how I feel.
I’ve been come to terms with what we get now. I just need them comfy and look close to what I would expect.

If I was that bothered, I’d pay someone to sole swap for me to a model I find is worth it.
The peace of mind is worth it.

Of all things to complain about it would be the cut/shape of ALL the 3’s we get now. They’re not sleek or streamline at all. They’re blocky and clunky like older skateboard shoes. Same could me said with everything up to the 9’s. The vi’s maybe my favorite Jordan but the new shape make them look like boots. From an artistic point of view lines and shape change everything

Last edited:
Off all things to complain about it would be the cut/shape of ALL the 3’s we get now. They’re not sleek or streamline at all. They’re blocky and clunky like older skateboard shoes. Same could me said with everything up to the 9’s. The vi’s maybe my favorite Jordan but the new shape make them look like boots. From an artistic point of view lines and shape change everything

Someone pointed out the OG molds were lost so I’m not sure how we would get the OG shape back. Not only that, it takes better craftsmanship (and likely materials as wel) to achieve a more streamlined shape. Think of a bespoke suit vs a cheap boxy, off-the-rack suit.

I doubt Nike/JB care enough about improving manufacturing to achieve all of this. Hell, they haven’t even bothered to fix the swoosh on hightop OG 1s.

Overall this was pretty accurate. I will say that there were a fair amount of people that were upset about the shade of blue. I never really cared about that.. like bigj505 bigj505 said ( I think.. too many circles around this topic lol) that was typical with JB. Now the real kicker that I remember was the cement color which looked (and still does) tanish AND when people got them in hand, that leather was an awful joke and folks were NOT happy.

Anything else pertaining to quality.. comfort, glue marks, etc.. I honestly don't care. I never look that deep into things like that. But what we got wasn't on par with what we'd been getting lol. NONE of the TB III's that came before had leather that bad IMO. Now, in my specific opinion and experience, all the III's that matter and have dropped since them (BC III, FTL, Katrinas, Tinkers etc.) are all kinds of versions better in the leather department.

Generally speaking, for most, it wasn't a good release but the WHY will differ from person to person. Got my pair for the low and though they weren't that great, I don't think they are garbage lol and its the only version with NA which satisfied me. But I have to admit, they are the bastard child sitting next to all my other pairs which leaves me wanting another retro and the point of the 2016s for me was to never have that issue.

Sorry for the long post.. this really got a lot of people stirred up :lol:

Shy Of The "Garbage" Verbiage Used, Pretty Much Exactly What I Was Saying.

:nthat:

Back
Top Bottom