AIR JORDAN 4 BLACK - MATTE SILVER - GAME ROYAL $190 June 17th 2017

The Oreo is a great looking shoe.  There's something about it that's just clean.  I do prefer mesh and plastic back tab overall, and the leather on the Alternate is nicer, and the Alternate is much more comfortable.  Oreos have been my go to 4 for awhile, but are back in the box in favor of these for now.  If the Oreos had come out after these, I probably wouldn't have purchased them, but still like them enough to wear in rotation "alternating" with these...

Also, have to say that the more I feel the material, the more it feels rubbery than like leather.  Much nicer than the Motorsports, but Nike's probably laughing at us saying how soft this leather is...

Last edited:
Just got my pair in. Quality is better than my cements; better leather, better shape, and better cuts [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

i just seen these in real life and they are cold af. hopefully i can find a pair in next week cause i will be broke until then

Quality comparison
These are far better than the white cements in material quality. One of the best quality GRs period in the last 10+ years
View media item 2480530
Many parts on the shoe are wider; the tongue, the back tab, and the overall shoe is wider which may be more comfy for some
View media item 2480531View media item 2480533View media item 2480535
The height on the ankle portion is shorter on the motorsport which may be a problem because the back tab is the same height
View media item 2480541
The leather on the tongue and upper are amazing; this is one of the few shoes that could be compared to the SBB/Banned 1 quality.

It's really strange how JB crapped on the white Motorsport, yet made these exceed the quality of every retro 4 in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
I prefer the cut of the tongue on the WC4; it's much cleaner.  These are pretty much the same as every other retro 4.  The WC was special in that sense.  The WC4 leather is quite different, but still quite nice.  These do feel softer, but almost rubbery more so than leathery.  Agree that the material on the white version is really bad (how does it compared to the original MS mars?), and that this Alternate really is nice.  Overall very nice execution.  2 years ago these would have flown off the shelf at any price (assuming similar production qty of other retros during that time).

I don't know how and why JB gave us plastic for the white pair. But good quality on the black pair.

White Motorsport is almost comparable to the 2012 Fire Red IV's. Worst material I have ever felt and worn. Hurt my foot so much I had to sell them soon after buying. At least the Motorsport broke in and don't hurt my feet.

Last edited:
I prefer the cut of the tongue on the WC4; it's much cleaner.  These are pretty much the same as every other retro 4.  The WC was special in that sense.  The WC4 leather is quite different, but still quite nice.  These do feel softer, but almost rubbery more so than leathery.  Agree that the material on the white version is really bad (how does it compared to the original MS mars?), and that this Alternate really is nice.  Overall very nice execution.  2 years ago these would have flown off the shelf at any price (assuming similar production qty of other retros during that time).
Oreos were plastic like, even the cements are shiny and much less leathery than the alternates. I love the cements, but they are not the pinnacle of recent retro 4 quality. That title goes to the alternates.

what has been the best price for these so far?

and what do you guys see being the best price within the next month or so?

what has been the best price for these so far?

and what do you guys see being the best price within the next month or so?

Maybe like $149 when they reach the outlets. I'm sure it'll drop lower than that in some spots.

I had to scoop them up for $142 shipped. Very comfortable with them at that price.

Last edited:
$140 on Kixsquare
There's even a code to bring it down to $130. Trying to hold out but that price right now is tempting. I think I tried ordering from them one time and they never shipped my shoe. Took forever for them to refund my money, so I'm hesitant to order from them again.

Quality comparison
These are far better than the white cements in material quality. One of the best quality GRs period in the last 10+ years
View media item 2480530
Many parts on the shoe are wider; the tongue, the back tab, and the overall shoe is wider which may be more comfy for some
View media item 2480531View media item 2480533View media item 2480535
The height on the ankle portion is shorter on the motorsport which may be a problem because the back tab is the same height
View media item 2480541
The leather on the tongue and upper are amazing; this is one of the few shoes that could be compared to the SBB/Banned 1 quality.

It's really strange how JB crapped on the white Motorsport, yet made these exceed the quality of every retro 4 in the last 10 years.

I have both and agree with everything you said here. These are easily my favorite non og cw of any Jordan ever. Hopefully I can pick up a 2nd pair at a cool price. Still need white Motorsports too but I did notice the quality on those is ****

I felt these the other day. Very nice leather; similar to the Cyber Monday III. I don't own a IV, so the fact that these are on the wider-side makes them a must cop. Just waiting for the right price.

I've never used Stock X. Any potential issues?

I don't know how and why JB gave us plastic for the white pair. But good quality on the black pair.

White Motorsport is almost comparable to the 2012 Fire Red IV's. Worst material I have ever felt and worn. Hurt my foot so much I had to sell them soon after buying. At least the Motorsport broke in and don't hurt my feet.
Funny thing
When you say hurt your feet means fitment issues

How they hurt my feet, is the plastic backtab will cut my ankles when I play basketball with them, with ankle socks

But when I am walking just casually, no problem at all.

Oreos were plastic like, even the cements are shiny and much less leathery than the alternates. I love the cements, but they are not the pinnacle of recent retro 4 quality. That title goes to the alternates.

Alternate MotorSport? Wohoo!!

I felt these the other day. Very nice leather; similar to the Cyber Monday III. I don't own a IV, so the fact that these are on the wider-side makes them a must cop. Just waiting for the right price.

I've never used Stock X. Any potential issues?

Only issues would be you might get a bad pair
Like factory defects and minor flaws
And if you did you couldn't return or exchange thru stockx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom