Air Jordan 5 2013 "Elephant print" 23rd anniversary

I really don't know why people feel it is an art to get limited kicks online. Even with bots, its still luck. Especially since orders are getting sniped and recall in mid transition. Tried to go for pair #2, but no go. Trust me. I have been collecting for years. Yes, this shoe is ugly. But, I GUARANTEE just as all ugly Jordan's like grapes, carmines, olives and even the concords when they first came out received the same ugly and whack Comments....how are they received now? This shoe will go down as an elite down the road.
What are you talking about?

Are you even old enough to comment on grapes, olives, concords and carmines when they first came out?

Why are you even comparing those to these in the first place. You went way too far in trying to defend your purchase. Just say you like them, and end it there. You sounded stupid trying to compare these to concords or grapes. You think if these were to release as a GR in a few years people would be lined up for them?

Go down as elite, from hypebeast who thinks a sneaker being limited makes it look good and boost up their self esteem.
Like magic said, if you like them cop them. No need to justify or defend your purchase by trying to compare them to another release.

I hate this new nike checkout ******** ever since they changed to this in line ******** I haven't got 1 single twitter link only shoe thru ndc! [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]

One of the ugliest 5s in recent memory.....fitting that Nike would charge 225 and still have it sold out. Disgusting....

Just my personal opinion, everyone can still enjoy their shoe.

Agreed, but others it's easy money. I just wish those who say they're only copping for trade bait or resell would look at the bigger picture rather than short term gains. Everytime you do that you prevent somebody who really wants them. And when it comes time for you to cop a release you actually want for yourself, there's somebody out their with your trade/resell mentality. We're all just making the sneaker game more expensive for ourselves and Nike is watching and they will raise their box prices too to get a bigger piece of the pie.
Eh i didnt want these but i have struck out on every release that i have wanted for me to actually get through on a "limited" release was a shock to me

nothing we can really do about it now that i got it ill either add it to the collection or use for tradebait on something that i do want because lettuce be cereal

nobody is going to pass on a limited release so you just have to adjust accordingly word to shoe game cold

on a sidenote: eastbay called me up to verify my order so i guess thats safe threw me off though as i was in a deep sleep and almost cancelled my own order cussing out the eb rep for waking me up
laugh.gif

I was able to cop some locally... Kid was trying to sell his ticket for over $100 the other day on CL & noticed he hadn't gotten rid of it yet. Told him "You haven't moved the ticket and they aren't even your size. I'll give you $30. All you're doing is holding a ticket & picking shoes up." Needless to say, kid swooped on it and I got 'em...

Last edited:
One of the ugliest 5s in recent memory.....fitting that Nike would charge 225 and still have it sold out. Disgusting....

Just my personal opinion, everyone can still enjoy their shoe.

Yeah I agree, these the DB's, and the fear V's are all very ugly IMO.
But people seem to love them. I'll stick with OG CW's and let the kids have these new CW's.

Last edited:
C'mon man your avatar is a distraction to me.

a good distraction....info on that pair? what that face look like

salty as hell about this lol. Got all the way to the review order page on both FNL and FTL, lost both pairs. Hopefully I can find my size 14 for a good price lol.

and Neo Lime foamposites justifies $485

Neo lime foamz retailed at 200 actually cheaper than this montrosity of a retro j 5. I should add neo lime foamz were not sold online at any of the big retail sites.

Other than that, i guess your attemp at a dig was good. :O

Even less than 90. Don't forget buying the box to ship them in plus transportation/gas to and from the post office/ups store. Shoes are really only worth reselling if your making 100 or more after all expenses are accounted for. And it's more than 2 hours time when u factor in everything. But people don't look at it that way. They just like to cop and resell. Doesn't matter a lot of the time how much profit they make on certain kicks as long as they get back what the paid for outta pocket. For some its a hobby, for some they really need the money. Once again only worth the time and effort if making back 100+ Profit after expenses

Not that Im endorsing reselling but just to play devils advocate, lets say its 3 hours worth of work and you make $80 profit, thats $26.66 an hour. Thats good money even if you have a degree from an accredited university so for some of these kids thats a fortune and well worth the time and energy.

Last edited:
i have a chance to get a pair for $300, idk if im willing to pay the tax on em or move on to the next release. money kinda tight right now with bel-airs in 2weeks and then Steel 10's the following week :rolleyes

Lol...the same cats who hate the shoe are still posting on the thread....they have absolutely no lives..lol....how can u not want the sneaker, not like the sneaker, call everyone out who likes the sneaker, yet still comment on the thread as if they cant get over the fact that whether they like it or not the kicks are releasing, people want em, and their hate is just wasted energy.....you no-lives know who u are!

who hurt you?

Yeah I agree, these the DB's, and the fear V's are all very ugly IMO.
But people seem to love them. I'll stick with OG CW's and let the kids have these new CW's.

exactly but it goes both ways.. i seen a couple dudes in og v colorway threads not feel the og colorways. it makes you realize alot of the guys on the board are pretty young and have no recollection of the og colorways.

Even less than 90. Don't forget buying the box to ship them in plus transportation/gas to and from the post office/ups store. Shoes are really only worth reselling if your making 100 or more after all expenses are accounted for. And it's more than 2 hours time when u factor in everything. But people don't look at it that way. They just like to cop and resell. Doesn't matter a lot of the time how much profit they make on certain kicks as long as they get back what the paid for outta pocket. For some its a hobby, for some they really need the money. Once again only worth the time and effort if making back 100+ Profit after expenses

Not that Im endorsing reselling but just to play devils advocate, lets say its 3 hours worth of work and you make $80 profit, thats $26.66 an hour. Thats good money even if you have a degree from an accredited university so for some of these kids thats a fortune and well worth the time an energ.
You're exactly right as long as there is a market for sold out shoes someone will take the time, effort and energy to profit off of limited shoes. Won't see doctors and lawyers drooling over 26 an hour but for hs and college kids that is a nice bit of spending money. 

Back
Top Bottom