Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

I have a quick question should I remove the black paper to slow down yellowing like white paper?
I was told yes because something like the plastic has some kind of acidic features to it that cause the yellowing of the ice.

I was told yes because something like the plastic has some kind of acidic features to it that cause the yellowing of the ice.

Other way around for me
Example for my DMP 11 I put away the wax paper
I've ever had a issue with the black plastic

Other way around for me
Example for my DMP 11 I put away the wax paper
I've ever had a issue with the black plastic
You are probably more credible than me cause I've only been in the J game for a short while.

No it's the paper that has the acidic features the black plastic is fine to keep in the box.
But if you want to be sure just take everything out(paper and plastic), it can't hurt.

My NDC pair arrived today and it looks like Nike poured white-out on some parts of the shoe.

Returning them to the San Leandro Outlet tomorrow....

My pair just arrived from FNL (via UPS). Very happy with what I received. :nthat:

bring on the Blapes! :lol:

Last edited:
No it's the paper that has the acidic features the black plastic is fine to keep in the box.
But if you want to be sure just take everything out(paper and plastic), it can't hurt.
I've always wondered if the box hurts them as well cause it's recycled and stuff

I've always wondered if the box hurts them as well cause it's recycled and stuff
Funny, I was thinking about this yesterday and thought to myself I was crazy. Glad to see I'm not, we'll not because of that thought. Who would know some thing like that?

inagural season Dback gear with these > Hornet gear . Even though I think homie is right when he says that Nike might have been influnced by the Hornet color scheme on these.
didn't think anybody else noticed, Dback gear match real nice with these, I picked up a few hats and a field jacket:smokin

My eastbay pair came in, no creases, glue, white out. Only thing I can say is that some in the chain delivery (ups) was hatin cause my box was dinged up like crazyy. One of the corner on the Js box split, but the shoes are mint. Overall Im very happy with the shoe. I get the same size Js all the time (10.5) , they all TTS to me I don't get it.

Was able to get two pairs. The pair from NDC is super blue. While D'sporting goods pair blue tint isnt really there, i guess the yellowing process has begun.

Back
Top Bottom