Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

That's Nike/JB outsourcing all their products for us and charging us high price points as well.
Now I did manage to get a pair from FNL sz 11 and I would agree with the overall craftsmenship being bad. Few things that I noticed:The left side back stitched jumpman has specs of white stitching and is just poorly done compared to the right side which is perfectThe left shoe has tiny little indentation on the "shark teeth" design almost as though the mold used for the mid sole was not done correctlyFinally both shoes had remnants of glue on different portions of the toe box that just looked sloppy, I was able to get it off but I should not have had to do that. I also notice a little bit of paint that bleed on the front mid sole of each shoe from the dark area to wear it meets the white rubberIn all probably the poorest quality JB I have seen released yet this year....now the 11.5s I got my hands on were not as bad just too big, in agreement that these do run large!

My Fire Red V from 2008 CDP has corroborated the actuality that they do yellow even though I've never, ever worn them.

Yup, that's why you need to wear them, so you can enjoy them while they're clear.
I don't mind if my shoes yellow from me wearing them.

Yup, that's why you need to wear them, so you can enjoy them while they're clear.
I don't mind if my shoes yellow from me wearing them.
I have a good amount of sneaks. I didn't keep them unworn for any intents, I just never had anything to wear with them or I preferred to wear other sneaks I had since they went good with certain attire I had. But I'll try to restore them by reading and researching techniques on here and allover the internet.

I'm going to keep it real with y'all, the Grape V I expect to get shipped to me tomorrow will only be the second pair of V I ever owned in my life. The first one I ever got was the Fire Red V from 2008 CDP. I always wanted those black/metallic V in 1990, but never had a chance to get them. But the retros of black/metallic V have been terrible over the years so I avoided getting them.

I had to cave in to these Grape V since they're not re-released too often, and the colorways stood out.

for people waiting on restock, i would definitely recommend going .5 size down or even 1 full size. these fit huge. 
Yah I am going a full size down. Like I said many recent jordans for me have been like that (88 IIIs, FR IVs) if it is too tight I will loosen the laces

I read someone post a cool rant couple pages back...something like this

"Find your size, know your size and cop your size even if they are not TTS"

The reason I recall the Jordan V so well was the fact it was visible on TV and film in 1990 and 1991.

I'll always recall Will Smith's character wore all the colorways of the V throughout the first season of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air when the show came out in 1990. I'll always identify with the V that way since it was visible for a season on one of my favorite TV shows ever.

The V was so popular, the black/metallic V was worn by Edward Furlong who played the teenage John Conner in Terminator 2 throughout the entire movie! What also stood out was the fact he was a white teen who wore a Public Enemy t-shirt along with those V. Even though the movie came out in summer 1991, it was obviously filmed in 1990 when the V was out that year. I'm assuming the stylists for that movie came up with the idea for his outfit since the V was a wildly popular shoe, and Public Enemy was a popular and relevant group at that time it was filmed. Coincidentally Public Enemy's classic album, Fear Of A Black Planet, came out in 1990 as well.

Its always great reminiscing on classic stuff like that.

The reason I recall the Jordan V so well was the fact it was visible on TV and film in 1990 and 1991.

I'll always recall Will Smith's character wore all the colorways of the V throughout the first season of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air when the show came out in 1990. I'll always identify with the V that way since it was visible for a season on one of my favorite TV shows ever.

The V was so popular, the black/metallic V was worn by Edward Furlong who played the teenage John Conner in Terminator 2 throughout the entire movie! What also stood out was the fact he was a white teen who wore a Public Enemy t-shirt along with those V. Even though the movie came out in summer 1991, it was obviously filmed in 1990 when the V was out that year. I'm assuming the stylists for that movie came up with the idea for his outfit since the V was a wildly popular shoe, and Public Enemy was a popular and relevant group at that time it was filmed. Coincidentally Public Enemy's classic album, Fear Of A Black Planet, came out in 1990 as well.

Its always great reminiscing on classic stuff like that.

The reason I recall the Jordan V so well is the fact that Michael Jordan wore them to play basketball and is the GOAT.

The reason I recall the Jordan V so well is the fact that Michael Jordan wore them to play basketball and is the GOAT.
Well, of course I first recall the Jordan V sneaks was based on the fact MJ wore them on court and he balled in them. But I also recall the transcendent influence it had off the court where every sneaker fanatic wore them at that time.

got my pair from ndc. im gonna return them at gurnee nike factory tomorrow. very disappointed with jb quality control. the paint is scuffed up and the overall craftsmanship sucks on my pair. this pair looks like a B grade.  

I feel ya. The quality on my NDC pair is pretty disappointing also...specifically the excessive glue and the scuffs on the heel. But hey, this shouldn't come as a surprise to no one.

I stopped buying new releases awhile back, but because these are one of my grails, I just couldn't resist. Wish I could've found an 06 pair in decent condition before the release lol. I've been looking for quite sometime now...

no glue stains or bad stitching on my pair from FNL.   However the only thing i noticed on mine was the icy blue sole.   one pair is blue and icy, while the other looks off colored and looks as if were sitting for over a year. it's not piss yellow, but it's not icy blue like the other.  you can definately tell if you look.  Weird, but ah well.   just sharing the quality on my personal pair i scooped up.  peace

Y do dudes act like these are the only purple n teal kicks out there?

Grape am 95s will match all your whack Grandmama hornets gear

Just got my pair from Eastbay.... Flawless, very happy 
pimp.gif

and they run TTS for me....  They don't fit huge at all.

Last edited:
I have a quick question should I remove the black paper to slow down yellowing like white paper?

Looking forward to receiving mine from Champs later today at my residency. I pray I don't get a flawed pair like some unlucky peep in here did.

I hear ya. I wear all my shoes but I definitely worn these to death lol. Not sure whos is worse

damm you wore them kicks to the ground. and i bet there wearbale than most dead stock vs. because some people ziplock bag there sneakers, which makes the midsole crumble.

Back
Top Bottom