Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

Yes I agree the grapes and the metallic black are two of the hardest j's what u rhink??

taking everything but the shoes out the box when you store em

ive never used silica packs though maybe i should

any nters got tips?
i use zip lock bags and i double bag them with a footaction or nike bag. this method tends to slow the yellowing down. 

taking everything but the shoes out the box when you store em

ive never used silica packs though maybe i should

any nters got tips?
i put silica packs in my varsity red 6s and they still havent began yellowing yet, didnt take the paper out tho. i feel like that is useless but yea silica packs work replace them every month or so. honestly i just find silica packs at any department store they put them in all the clothes and shoes, but i guess u could buy em too

i put silica packs in my varsity red 6s and they still havent began yellowing yet, didnt take the paper out tho. i feel like that is useless but yea silica packs work replace them every month or so. honestly i just find silica packs at any department store they put them in all the clothes and shoes, but i guess u could buy em too
This is a old school method that works. Another way of preventing them from yellowing is to maintain the shoes in an area of the house where the weather does not effect them. If you are lucky I would recommend you to keep them in a moist free environment. Get yourself 2 gallon ziplock bags and do not close the bag. Leave it open so the shoe can breathe. Place some large silica packs near the opening and you should be good to go.

Quote:

'06 retro- left '13 retro right
Toe box
The leather on the '13 retros' toe box goes up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the 06 retros.
(These shoes are sitting at the same level.)

Big ups for the review ... DAMMM the 2013 TOE BOX = NIKE X TIMBERLAND Jordan V

Last edited:
where were u when they Bordo's droped? that was the easiest release of the yr.

The madness wasnt that bad when the Bordeaux dropped. It wasnt that long ago, but it feels like 10 years have passed based on how hard it is to cop shoes these days. I remember copping 5 pairs just so I would be able to pick the 3 best and returned the two I didnt like.

Returned mine to nikestore yesterday, same day they were delivered. Idk what I was thinking. Thought I'd try out a white sneaker for once but wasn't for me. Black grapes will be doubled up on though. These weren't my grails or a must cop. Just idle hands and disposable income led me to purchase these. I'm an air max guy who occasionally cops J's and Foams.

Returned mine to nikestore yesterday, same day they were delivered. Idk what I was thinking. Thought I'd try out a white sneaker for once but wasn't for me. Black grapes will be doubled up on though. These weren't my grails or a must cop. Just idle hands and disposable income led me to purchase these. I'm an air max guy who occasionally cops J's and Foams.

Cool story

Uhhhh No. Try again.
But you know you actually make a valid point. This is NT. Pics or ducktales, right? OK.

'06 retro- left '13 retro right
View media item 405711View media item 405712View media item 40572006 Retro
View media item 405730View media item 405731'13 Retro
View media item 405724View media item 405727
Stitching
'06 on the left '13 on the right
View media item 405746View media item 405747Raised jumpman from mutiple layers of stitching>>>Flat jumpman from one layer of stitching
View media item 405750View media item 405752Same on the back of the shoe. Raised Jumpman > Flat Jumpman
View media item 405753View media item 405754
Leather
'13 leather is paper thin.
View media item 405755View media item 405756View media item 405757View media item 405760
'06 Cloth > '13 Pre-creased leather
View media item 405764View media item 405765The cloth keeps the rubber mesh on the tongue flat
View media item 405768That cheap *** leather makes the rubber mesh on the tongue do this.
View media item 405770
Toe box
The leather on the '13 retros' toe box goes up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the 06 retros.
(These shoes are sitting at the same level.)

View media item 405774View media item 405776
They even skimped on the lacelocks. Damn JB what happened to the Jumpman?
View media item 405777
But like I said in my first post I should've already known that it would be like this dealing with JB.

good comparison, very nice pictures

^ wow huge different for jump man.  Was it still made in Taiwan for your 2006?

This is a old school method that works. Another way of preventing them from yellowing is to maintain the shoes in an area of the house where the weather does not effect them. If you are lucky I would recommend you to keep them in a moist free environment. Get yourself 2 gallon ziplock bags and do not close the bag. Leave it open so the shoe can breathe. Place some large silica packs near the opening and you should be good to go.

This is the best advice, although I say skip the bags altogether. Any type of bag will increase chances of the leather drying out. Just leave them boxed with a silica pack or two, without paper, in a cool dry dark place.

man since they used leather instead of cloth for the tongue the mesh gets all F**** up now. Why do these things JB why?!!

Back
Top Bottom