Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already put some of my tax return away for the Grapes 
pimp.gif

Held them in my hand today and the quality was :x .... jumpman thread on the tongue was loose and lace holes was discolored. Hope what they had at the store are early releases that got rejected cause if not I'm not copping :smh:

Might end up getting these for collection purposes. The Vs are my favorite but I'm unhappy with the quality of the white/black Vs so I have to see if I sit these out.

Might end up getting these for collection purposes. The Vs are my favorite but I'm unhappy with the quality of the white/black Vs so I have to see if I sit these out.

this alone is why I think i'll be passing, Fire Red V's were just horribly stiff. craftsmanship issues with off-centered pleather cuts, jumpmans etc.

if the rest of the V's are like that this year then I will not be picking up any, which sucks because the V is my favorite numbered jordan. :smh:

are those early release pics?so whats up with these early release grapes are these legit or really super good looking fakes?

Buying a shoe and packing it away for 7 years is just plain dumb
What's funny is the fact the some people brag about selling them for $400. I don't know what retail was for the grapes back then but It was probably around $165 after tax. If you sold them for $400 you only made $235. So you basically made about $35 a year which is nothing. Those same people could have invested their money in something much more profitable, rather than to play around for 7 years and only make like $200 bucks! lol

Buying a shoe and packing it away for 7 years is just plain dumb
What's funny is the fact the some people brag about selling them for $400. I don't know what retail was for the grapes back then but It was probably around $165 after tax. If you sold them for $400 you only made $235. So you basically made about $35 a year which is nothing. Those same people could have invested their money in something much more profitable, rather than to play around for 7 years and only make like $200 bucks! lol

Retail for jordan 5s in 2006 was $115, grapes may have been like $125 or so because they were an LS. I'd have to check my pair. It was nowhere near $165 even after tax.

A profit of $400 on a shoe you paid $115 for is pretty good, seeing that it isn't a chore to keep. It's just there. An extra $385 is an extra $375 no matter how you put it. Flight club is still selling each pair for $700 each. And it's an %80/20 consignment store. So you are keeping about $600 of that.

Some people have too many shoes to wear them all, and end up selling them. It's not like all of their original intentions 7 years ago was to sell them. They probably never got around to wearing them.

I'm not defending resellers in any way here, but I'm just shedding a little light,

how u know?do u have one?
Because all these early sites get em from the same place, but you guys will never grasp that air randy/sds concept. Keep thinking they are sneaking all these pairs out of factories or whatever bs idea you guys are holding on to to make yourself believe they are b-grades 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
:lol: at all the bad guesses at the correct retail price of them last time. $145 for the LS Vs last run.

But I agree that storing shoes for 7 years is stupid. Wear them!

haha clicked on the wrong V thread this morning when i posted those Laneys :smh: , anyway, how about them grapes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom