Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Small netting, extra blue sole, cheap looking materials. :smh:

I'll be wearing my 06s not giving a damb.
lol we were having a side convo about the He Got Games.

My problem with these are the cheap materials. The 06s had the messed up toebox tho. The '13s are a little bit better

Definite cop!
Thanks for the quality post.
mean.gif

For those claiming the 06s are good quality, you really need to take a closer look or UNDS your pair because I was highly disappointed.

I swear you guys must have really sensitive feet, I liked the way the 06 4s fit too. It's sturdy.

As for these, I'm still pretty satisfied

I swear you guys must have really sensitive feet, I liked the way the 06 4s fit too. It's sturdy.

I somehow have a bad feeling that the 2013 grapes will be inferior to the 2006 grapes
in terms of leather and toe shape.

Just wondering do people who post pics of the grape 2013s already. Did they pay retail price or more money and are they authentic or b grades?

This.

Small netting, extra blue sole, cheap looking materials. :smh:

I'll be wearing my 06s not giving a damb.
lol we were having a side convo about the He Got Games.

My problem with these are the cheap materials. The 06s had the messed up toebox tho. The '13s are a little bit better

Off topic question. Did you even get to look at them in your hands or are you judging off photos?? Cause you are in the minority buddy

89 pages and release is three months away, early release pairs since December, Ultimate summer time sneaker release..... You do the math....

Off topic question. Did you even get to look at them in your hands or are you judging off photos?? Cause you are in the minority buddy
My comment about the He got games or Grapes? I wasnt clear about the grapes. I didnt like how the toebox was pointed in the 06. I meant the 06 was better but the toebox was off in terms of the tip pointing upward. The new toeboxes are too long. On larger sizes the new toebox looks better to me. I felt the same about newer VIs as I do with 06 Vs. They look off on large feet.

On small feet the '06s are better.

Yes i had them

The he got games I just dont like that colorway. Outside Jordan I IVs and Vs I only like a few colorways per model. Between 1 and 8 (8 colorways for the threes, 1 for the IIs and IXs). Like I said. I am far more selective than most when it comes to Jays.

Smaller feet have always looked better in terms of shape. I wish I could fit into GS sizes. From size 11s in a lot of shoes just look weird to me.

Last edited:
Look...

It's going to be a ****e show, come May 4. However the black toe XIII's were, these will be worse. Trust thekid. The news of the Grape V hasn't even hit the mainstream yet...they don't even know about the VIII's yet...Wait till late April...this thread will be at 200 pages and you will all have a better understanding of what that Saturday morning is going to look like.

HOWEVER...with that said...

You dudes talkin bout 300 is a good price on a preorder...KNOCK. IT. OFF. $300 is a good price for something that retails at $275. I get it...some of you guys are desperate...having the new Mikes on Saturday means everything...but I urge you...No, I BEG you...

AVOID PAYING RIDICULOUS PRE/RE-SELL PRICES!! You make it that much more expensive for everyone else and for yourself on future releases. I'm gonna keep saying this till I turn blue...if I get through to one person, then it's worth it.

It's OK to just NOT get a shoe...to just strike out and focus on the next release. You mess everything up when you pay absurd prices on GR's however. You know why you didn't get 13's on Saturday? Cuz you beasted for the (insert previous hyped Jordan retro)...so somebody had to out-beast you this time around...next time you will try to out-beast them. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I hope you will have a tent, inflatable mattress, and port-a-shower because you will have to start camping a week before RD to beat the beasts.
mean.gif
Nope, the malls in Northern Va (Fair Oaks, Tysons, Pentagon, Potomoc Mills, etc) don't allow camping like that (same for the local mom and pops), has something to do with the "community surburb image".  A day before is usually a yes, but several days to week!  You can forget about that ideal, County and State will shut that down ASAP.

bong bong them grapes gon be looking mad fresh im coppin x9 for me the gza raekwon masta killa inspectah deck ghostface method man u god and cappadonna peace

Look...

It's going to be a ****e show, come May 4. However the black toe XIII's were, these will be worse. Trust thekid. The news of the Grape V hasn't even hit the mainstream yet...they don't even know about the VIII's yet...Wait till late April...this thread will be at 200 pages and you will all have a better understanding of what that Saturday morning is going to look like.

HOWEVER...with that said...

You dudes talkin bout 300 is a good price on a preorder...KNOCK. IT. OFF. $300 is a good price for something that retails at $275. I get it...some of you guys are desperate...having the new Mikes on Saturday means everything...but I urge you...No, I BEG you...

AVOID PAYING RIDICULOUS PRE/RE-SELL PRICES!! You make it that much more expensive for everyone else and for yourself on future releases. I'm gonna keep saying this till I turn blue...if I get through to one person, then it's worth it.

It's OK to just NOT get a shoe...to just strike out and focus on the next release. You mess everything up when you pay absurd prices on GR's however. You know why you didn't get 13's on Saturday? Cuz you beasted for the (insert previous hyped Jordan retro)...so somebody had to out-beast you this time around...next time you will try to out-beast them. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Thank YOU. Why I am going to be mostly retired from JB at the next price hike which I hear is this coming fall. $170 each? No thanks. All this hype has pretty much made Jordans a badge of honor amongst lames anyway. I will pay over retail so i am part of the problem but $300? **** outta here.

I somehow have a bad feeling that the 2013 grapes will be inferior to the 2006 grapes
in terms of leather and toe shape.
They aren't fortunately.  I had the '06's and I now have the 2013 pair.  Quality is about the same honestly with the '06's having a little more padding in the tongue than the upcoming release.  Other than that I don't see any noticeable differences other than the blue sole.  People should be happy. I'm cool with my pair but I really don't get into microscopic details and complain about something not being like its predecessor.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom