Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah paper needs to be out of there. Some people change boxes completely to a plastic container where air can get in

That's really not true. The paper used in today's Jordan's don't have the same acidity as the older paper that was originally used. I store all my shoes in a dark, cool environment and have had no problems.

But whatever works for you. Some people swear by removing all the paper and not letting the shoes touch it. To each his own I guess.

Here yo go.
No alterations.
30vhe69.png

I ain't tripping though, just means I gotta start wearing them more.
>D
P.S. They were jive yellowing a little bit when I purchased from the HOH restock earlier this month.

Thank you for showing me the orig. pic. ..good looks'. :D

I feel you on the: I ain't trippin'though comment. ..deff. just wear'em & forget it.

It IS kinda'ugly that they won't remain "icey" for as long as you choose to keep'em DS, but? ..such is life, I guess.

I was really just curious to see how they stack up against my DS Oly. VI, far as yellowing w/NO wears.
..and ESP. w/Instagram being so popular & the effects I've seen messin'w/the "sun" light feature ..wanted to see how yellow they really were.
BLAH.

Good look'. :wink:

Thank you for showing me the orig. pic. ..good looks'. :D

I feel you on the: I ain't trippin'though comment. ..deff. just wear'em & forget it.

It IS kinda'ugly that they won't remain "icey" for as long as you choose to keep'em DS, but? ..such is life, I guess.

I was really just curious to see how they stack up against my DS Oly. VI, far as yellowing w/NO wears.
..and ESP. w/Instagram being so popular & the effects I've seen messin'w/the "sun" light feature ..wanted to see how yellow they really were.
BLAH.

Good look'. :wink:

No prob bro.

Like I said, its not that bad when in natural light.

The "yellowish" artificial light in my room makes them look much worse.

:lol:

I'll just break them out more, until the snow starts to fall, and then they'll go into hibernation until about late March/early April.

Even if you dont wear it they turn brown anyway. Nothing i stress. And peopke say i am complaining for no reason when i complain about easy creasing shies.

The only shoe it truely bothers me on is the concord 11s. My 2000s are piss yellow, just about brown and it looks like an entirely different colorway :smh:

I would rather they stay clear but they won't so it's whatever

The only shoe it truely bothers me on is the concord 11s. My 2000s are piss yellow, just about brown and it looks like an entirely different colorway :smh:
I would rather they stay clear but they won't so it's whatever
Really? You are mad that a shoe from 12 years ago is beyond yellowed? And the concords of all colorways? Sorry but the XIs have no lasting appeal. You have to beat em up when you buy em. Especially the white ones.

Last edited:
Really? You are mad that a shoe from 12 years ago is beyond yellowed? And the concords of all colorways? Sorry but the XIs have no lasting appeal. You have to beat em up when you buy em. Especially the white ones.

The mesh is perfectly white, I took a little time restoring them with rit like I do with all my mesh shoes. I would but new 2000s but Im focused on a few of the retros coming up first

34th street foot action had a restock today.. .. Picked up the last size 10.5.. I would only cop these for retail.. So that worked out for me.

Last edited:
the 2008 cdp 6 is the first air jordan retro w/ icy soles that i noticed starting to yellow almost immediately
the older ones generally didn't have that issue

so ya, the new blue tint didn't help anything - & i'd be pretty annoyed

the 2008 cdp 6 is the first air jordan retro w/ icy soles that i noticed starting to yellow almost immediately
the older ones generally didn't have that issue

so ya, the new blue tint didn't help anything - & i'd be pretty annoyed

08 cdp vi came pre yellowed for many and were never truly icy. def didnt have the blue tint either. most of the cdp shoes were poor quality tho esp the cdp xvii which were ashy out of the box.

wore mine a few times and no yellowing

Yall do realize that this is the secret with these blue soles, right? Wearing them and taking care of them

I've said this before. My Metallic Vs came with blue soles just like these, and I wear them every so often (every week or every other week) and they aren't yellow. They turned into a clear grey color and show no signs of glue yellowing or anything of that matter. They're dirty obviously from the ground, but haven't started to yellow much yet.

take the paper out saran wrap them bad boys , but always remember to let them breath 4  A  week or 2 then wrap them back up / this info relates to people storing them on ice >

Yall do realize that this is the secret with these blue soles, right? Wearing them and taking care of them
I've said this before. My Metallic Vs came with blue soles just like these, and I wear them every so often (every week or every other week) and they aren't yellow. They turned into a clear grey color and show no signs of glue yellowing or anything of that matter. They're dirty obviously from the ground, but haven't started to yellow much yet.
well i just opened mine. They got in very late from NDC. one of the shoes already have easy to see yellow spots. How can a new DS shoe already be yellowed. Not crying just saying. Im keeping these on ice for a while, but if they keep this up i might have to break them out this winter, because i dont know if the ice will hold up till next summer.

well i just opened mine. They got in very late from NDC. one of the shoes already have easy to see yellow spots. How can a new DS shoe already be yellowed. Not crying just saying. Im keeping these on ice for a while, but if they keep this up i might have to break them out this winter, because i dont know if the ice will hold up till next summer.

all shoes yellow over time. just enjoy the kicks. nobody is going to be looking at the bottom of your shoes.

all shoes yellow over time. just enjoy the kicks. nobody is going to be looking at the bottom of your shoes.
not sure that i buy my shoes for other peoples eyes in the first place. most of the time i dont wear my Js. Its more a nostalgia thing for me. Given that fact, I want them to look good as long as possible. I like just looking at them in the box every once in a while. I will wear them on special occasions, but by no means everyday or even every week. The yellowing takes a bit of the enjoyment away, knowing i paid top dollar for a shoe and that shoe cant even make it a few months without yellowing. Not a big deal but you get the idea. Your right most shoes, if not all yellow over time, so I just have to deal with it, and complain about it to make myself feel better.

^^^ complaining wont help... just pay a couple more bucks and get a non yellow pair while the prices are still moderate... then sell or return the imperfect pair you have.

^^^ complaining wont help... just pay a couple more bucks and get a non yellow pair while the prices are still moderate... then sell or return the imperfect pair you have.
Trading for a new pair wont help either. That pair I trade for is doomed to the same quick yellowing process. Its not that big of a deal, just disappointing. Good option you gave, but not worth the hassle for me. A deserved complaint is all im giving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom