Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
Outlets are a joke these days

just retail stores at a slightly lower price point

and the stuff that is lower priced is only marked down cause no one would pay the full price

nothing in a nike outlet should be above $100

Amen on this and it's not only Nike. Seems like every brand under the sun is doing this too. As a consumer you're better off waiting for your local mall to have a promotion than driving 2-3 hours to some of these whack, overpriced outlets.
I whole heartedly agree. I only purchase products from outlets that are unavailable to me otherwise.

Yeah, outlet shopping used to mean DEALS. Now there isnt really any point.

Crazy to think outlets are charging $5 more than these originally cost :lol:

So...are you honestly saying you wouldn't buy a limited shoe because the price in the outlet is not at a big enough discount,....but if the same shoe released online or in stores, you will buy for retail? That sounds crazy! $30 is a big enough difference. I think hen we here "deal" we expect half off and even more.

that's exactly what I'm saying, you're acting like the time of a retail release and an outlet release is in the same day

you're talking about a 3 plus month difference

there are bigger savings inside the regular stores

I've bought plenty of polo and nike products that were priced over $200 for $40 to $60 bucks

you can keep that $30 "savings"

So...are you honestly saying you wouldn't buy a limited shoe because the price in the outlet is not at a big enough discount,....but if the same shoe released online or in stores, you will buy for retail? That sounds crazy! $30 is a big enough difference. I think hen we here "deal" we expect half off and even more. That $30 can be used in other areas. Hell. That's my water bill, a quarter tank of gas, etc. Minus a clearance sale, I don't know the last time I saw a big discount on a regular sale item
when you purchase a shoe on release day, you could inspect ur pair. Youre guaranteed a shoe without major flaws. where as you cant see what ur buying an outlet located in another state, diffrent customers try them on or u may recieve a pair with writing on it
frown.gif

You guys don't realize marketing tactics
They mark stuff up then put it on sale to attract and make you feel as if you have a deal, but many of these big companies have a chokehold on customers in many countries so they figure the people who are going to buy their product are going to buy them sale or not

That's the only reason I thought about getting a second pair, to dye them. But I have charcoals that I rarely wear. I do like them as leather better than nubuck.

not to get too far off subject I walked in a fossil watch "outlet" and a shopper in there was irate

he was screaming "where are the watches on sale, where are they?"

everything in there was regular price

but to bring it back to the shoe I'd never buy this shoe from an outlet at nearly retail just off principal

it's insulting but enjoy to those who copped
It's insulting that people bought them for under retail or from outlets? To who exactly? These were releases in very small quantities initially and most of these B Grade pairs are release quality, just caught near the production point of a bad pair. You can't find a pair of these for less than $250-$275 right now, so anyone with a brain would cop from an outlet rather than pay reseller prices. Dumb elitism on NT at its finest :smh:

trappedintime - I can understand what hes saying tho I cant agree that his viewpoint is a 100% decision for me.

shoes used to be at outlets for much, much less. some people feel like they don't want to purchase from there off of the principal that they used to be a lower price and that they are b grades priced at near a grade prices.

i agree with you that some shoes, like these, are worth the price considering the availability and what they go for now but I certainly don't agree with the pricing as a whole.

I agree with the pricing because this isn't 2002 or 2006. If Nike really wanted to, they could sell most of these B grades at full retail through their other channels and you'd never know they were destined for outlets anyway. Their process is actually pretty generous for classifying many as B grades, especially given what we see hit retail shelves in often less than satisfactory condition for $160+.

Remember that for years many Nike consumers would wait for things to hit outlets rather than purchase something they wanted banking on huge discounts. Clearly Nike overproduces certain models and has revised their outlet pricing and discount strategy to give consumers more incentive to buy at retailers to begin with. In the case of Jordans they also know most of them are in no worse condition than retail pairs, so why discount them drastically off the bat? If it's a shoe that will truly still sit, that's when you see steeper discounts.

I have many problems with Nike, but the idea that you would get huge steals on Jordans is a little silly to me. Besides, even with shipping this came out to be 14% off the shoe's retail price plus tax. My pair was as good or better than any retail version, so do I feel like I got ripped off? Not in the least.

I agree with the pricing because this isn't 2002 or 2006. If Nike really wanted to, they could sell most of these B grades at full retail through their other channels and you'd never know they were destined for outlets anyway. Their process is actually pretty generous for classifying many as B grades, especially given what we see hit retail shelves in often less than satisfactory condition for $160+.

Remember that for years many Nike consumers would wait for things to hit outlets rather than purchase something they wanted banking on huge discounts. Clearly Nike overproduces certain models and has revised their outlet pricing and discount strategy to give consumers more incentive to buy at retailers to begin with. In the case of Jordans they also know most of them are in no worse condition than retail pairs, so why discount them drastically off the bat? If it's a shoe that will truly still sit, that's when you see steeper discounts.

I have many problems with Nike, but the idea that you would get huge steals on Jordans is a little silly to me. Besides, even with shipping this came out to be 14% off the shoe's retail price plus tax. My pair was as good or better than any retail version, so do I feel like I got ripped off? Not in the least.

Also it seems your Footactions and Footlockers don't put items on sale like they used to. They seem to RTV them before they get big discounts.

Also it seems your Footactions and Footlockers don't put items on sale like they used to. They seem to RTV them before they get big discounts.

yea... I remembering the cough drops being shipped back to nike within 2 months of release date. never saw a foam sent out so fast in my life.

it also seems like many of the bgrades that have hit in large numbers might be only marked as B grades so that nike can cut the middle man out (footlocker/finishline/etc) and keep the money for themselves by selling at a high price and within their system.
this outlet hit might have been different tho since its been no confirmed hits or upcoming hits. it reminds me of the motorsport 6s that were found by a NT member while shopping at his local outlet in Pa.

It's insulting that people bought them for under retail or from outlets? To who exactly? These were releases in very small quantities initially and most of these B Grade pairs are release quality, just caught near the production point of a bad pair. You can't find a pair of these for less than $250-$275 right now, so anyone with a brain would cop from an outlet rather than pay reseller prices. Dumb elitism on NT at its finest :smh:

you can't be that slow

it's insulting that nike would put them in an outlet for the regular retail price essentially

got it champ?

you really think I'm mad people didn't have to pay resell prices?

that shoe should've been no more than $79

and with nike and jb's new marketing strategy far less amounts even make it to the outlets

it's not like everyone will sleep on rd and scoop on sale in an outlet

it's harder to get a good shoe on sale in an outlet than it is to get it on rd

outlet shoes didn't even have actual dates, just put on shelves

some pairs do now but that's because they're going for retail price basically

they made 2 billion in sales off jordans alone and you feel privileged to save 14%?

yeah, ok

^^^ purchasing this late in the game is actually more than a 14% savings considering they cant be purchased at retail.

its a matter of preference and principal. for you, the $129.99 is unacceptable regardless of the going price. For others, they see $129.99 vs $230+ and opt for Nike's pricing.

Right on bigj

My 2 cents buy what u want its your money

Why worry what the next guy paid or paying

$100 has different values to different people

I understand that but resell prices are made up

you don't have to buy the shoe at all so the savings is imaginary especially if the person never planned on buying from a secondary source

and if you bought from an outlet recently that would mean you refused to pay the resell because you would've had the shoe already if that was not the case

people are comparing savings to something they never agreed to buy

^^^ dude, you are reaching and missing bad.

People in this thread said they were about to drop $250 for the shoes and were just waiting to find a pair that was available for that price. It's not that they were refusing to pay resell. It was that they were looking for the price they thought they were comfortable with. The news that they were $129.99 was Christmas morning for them.

The resell prices are not made up or imaginary. You can look at Sold Only, Completed Listings on ebay and get a good estimate on what people are willing to pay for the shoes.

I agree that the outlet prices SHOULD be $79.99 again. I really do. At the same time, getting a shoe months after release for retail or below vs paying the current market value when the value is $50 - $100 more = solid price.

Last edited:
nah, yall boys just missing the point of what I'm saying

when I say imaginary I mean they're naming their own prices

these shoes came out months ago, most people paid resell and moved on or were waiting for a hopeful restock which comes back to the point that you would've tracked em down by now if resell was an option

I never said I cared what other people pay or anything like another dude implied either I just detailed why I wouldn't put any effort into hunting them down

there's nothing to reach about

these shoes came out months ago, most people paid resell and moved on or were waiting for a hopeful restock which comes back to the point that you would've tracked em down by now if resell was an option

I never said I cared what other people pay or anything like another dude implied either I just detailed why I wouldn't put any effort into hunting them down

says who? you?

Its obvious that you are partial in your view as I even took the time to state the evidence to you. people are still paying above retail for these as evidence on ebay when you look at COMPLETED LISTINGS. They are bidding on the items meaning they are selling for a price.

you are dwelling on unimportant factors of my overall point

that's why my statement is prefaced with the word "most"

some people liked them after they sold out, some liked them and didn't have funds, some liked and struck out, some waited for a restock and some waited for the outlets

we can play this game forever

my whole point is the outlets are less about deals now and now have become a place for second hand release dates with this new price point

not everyone here was willing to pay resell so people can't compare nike prices with eBay prices and act like everyone saved 120 if they were never willing to pay 250

if people can't understand that then god bless their little hearts

Last edited:

If this were true, then resell prices for these should be near retail.

Back
Top Bottom