Air Jordan "Fear" TRIPLE PACK III/IV/V

I like a shoe less when they're limited. I like what I like regardless of hype and what other people wear. Shoes don't make you special.

Isn't that a bit of contradictory though? A shoes production numbers shouldnt have an influence on your like for it. But it works both ways. A shoe still looks the same if its general release or limited. Isn't penalizing it for being limited similar to people who run around bashing general releases simply because they aren't limited?

Sorta true ^^ but i think we know what he means.
I like whatever my brain tells me i like. Limited or not, dont care.

Sorta true ^^ but i think we know what he means.
I like whatever my brain tells me i like. Limited or not, dont care.

I'm admittedly a little slow catching what folks mean sometimes. I take what people say to mean exactly that. So, what did you take from his post? I took it in the literal sense in that he sees a shoe and likes it but when he finds out its limited, he likes it a bit less. But I could be missing a lot as I tend to do that so please enlighten me.

Isn't that a bit of contradictory though? A shoes production numbers shouldnt have an influence on your like for it. But it works both ways. A shoe still looks the same if its general release or limited. Isn't penalizing it for being limited similar to people who run around bashing general releases simply because they aren't limited?

I am influenced by it only insofar as it puts a bad taste in my mouth. i have a fair few pairs others can't cop besides from pathetic resellers, and i don't like the fact that nike artificially generate hype with limited numbers at the expense of loyal customers feeling like **** when they miss out.

It's like they are afraid the shoes will sit if they aren't hyped. In some cases this might be true, but in most i really doubt it. I think the whole limited nonsense is doing more damage than good for the brand and the subculture.

I'm admittedly a little slow catching what folks mean sometimes. I take what people say to mean exactly that. So, what did you take from his post? I took it in the literal sense in that he sees a shoe and likes it but when he finds out its limited, he likes it a bit less. But I could be missing a lot as I tend to do that so please enlighten me.

Limited just puts a bad taste in his mouth. I think we all go there when we see leaked pics of a release coming out then later find out itl b impossible to obtain. We still like the shoe, but hate it at the same time for multiple reasons. Limited is stupid, to the extent they are doing it, make it limited fair enough, just give the loyals customers a chance to get the pair if they really want it, not like Db's were u may as well go hibernate with a box of tissues or get out the lube. And we are the ones wanting to own not resell em. Could go for days.
We like what we like

I am influenced by it only insofar as it puts a bad taste in my mouth. i have a fair few pairs others can't cop besides from pathetic resellers, and i don't like the fact that nike artificially generate hype with limited numbers at the expense of loyal customers feeling like **** when they miss out.

It's like they are afraid the shoes will sit if they aren't hyped. In some cases this might be true, but in most i really doubt it. I think the whole limited nonsense is doing more damage than good for the brand and the subculture.

Gotcha. I also have always wished they would just make more to satisfy demand. And as far as them not wanting to risk non-sell outs, they could easily prevent that. Simply do a release, if they move really fast and theres a ton of buzz about them, produce more and drop them again shortly. In many ways, they are missing out on who knows how much money. But at the same time, I am sure people with who knows how many degrees work for the companies that are much smarter than me in business and marketing. For whatever reason they choose to continue taking the same route.

Last edited:
Yeh i dont think there's any denying JB/Nikes marketing, it is one of the best in the world. Hate it, but it works.

Limited just puts a bad taste in his mouth. I think we all go there when we see leaked pics of a release coming out then later find out itl b impossible to obtain. We still like the shoe, but hate it at the same time for multiple reasons. Limited is stupid, to the extent they are doing it, make it limited fair enough, just give the loyals customers a chance to get the pair if they really want it, not like Db's were u may as well go hibernate with a box of tissues or get out the lube. And we are the ones wanting to own not resell em. Could go for days.
We like what we like

In that case, I feel the same way. I can't count the number of shoes Ive seen coming out to which immediately upon seeing them I knew there was no way I'd get them. So I gave up before I even tried. So the whole limited let's me know I probably won't get at all.

Last edited:
they kill it with celebrity endorsements. it's just a shame there are so many idiots who respond to missed hype release by buying another product. that just reinforces the problem.

if i can't get a release, i just go without the shoe. i'd rather not have a desired pair than reward some parasitic re-seller with anything above retail.

hell, if there are high quality "alternative" sources, i'll seriously consider them.

they kill it with celebrity endorsements. it's just a shame there are so many idiots who respond to missed hype release by buying another product. that just reinforces the problem.

if i can't get a release, i just go without the shoe. i'd rather not have a desired pair than reward some parasitic re-seller with anything above retail.

hell, if there are high quality "alternative" sources, i'll seriously consider them.

I agree about not buying another release because I missed the one I really wanted.

However, I have no issue giving a reasonable amount above retail to a reseller. Its simple supply and demand and I dont fault someone for selling a few pairs for a decent markup. I'd rather put a little profit in a little guys pocket since I sure know I put plenty in billion dollar corporations pockets without blinking.

As for "alternative" sources, to each their own. However, you could GIVE me every hot release via alternative aka fakes and I'd burn them before I'd wear them or have them anywhere near my authentics.

Last edited:
Lol fair enough.

I only care about quality. Knocked back plenty of grails from Jb because of it. So if there are good stuff elsewhere, my feet don't care.

To each their own. This isn't the thread for that. We understand each other.

Last edited:
As for resellers, I'd rather not have the shoes. I'll only be wearing them, I don't buy shoes for collecting. Therefore they are not worth more than retail (+shipping to aus if need be).

You should see my db6 and db3, they're getting beat! The db 2 are stronger so still quite crisp.

They. Are. Just. Shoes.

Last edited:
Lol fair enough.

I only care about quality. Knocked back plenty of grails from Jb because of it. So if there are good stuff elsewhere, my feet don't care.

To each their own. This isn't the thread for that. We understand each other.

I hear ya and I understand. We are all different as far as how we do things and what we like, what works for some doesn't for others. As for this not being the thread for that, I was just replying to your post? This thread is pretty dead, not sure many mind?

As for resellers, I'd rather not have the shoes. I'll only be wearing them, I don't buy shoes for collecting. Therefore they are not worth more than retail (+shipping to aus if need be).

You should see my db6 and db3, they're getting beat! The db 2 are stronger so still quite crisp.

They. Are. Just. Shoes.

I can see your point. I do collect, so that is probably why I have a different view. That and with the area I live in, securing many limited releases is very difficult, so I find myself having to hit the secondary market more often due to that fact.

Congrats on even having 3 different pair of DBs, if it has that word in the release name, I have a 0% chance at buying retail. I also do draw the line at paying 5-10x retail price for a pair of shoes so I have no pair of DBs and probably never will.

I hope no one minds. I'm cool with the chat.

Btw: I'm in Australia. We get nothing! I got those db's for retail via good friends on nt. The shoe "game" was very different only a few years ago.

I hope no one minds. I'm cool with the chat.

Btw: I'm in Australia. We get nothing! I got those db's for retail via good friends on nt. The shoe "game" was very different only a few years ago.

Oh, nice and yea, trust me I know.

I have plenty of original jordans from 96 on and I recall walking in, no line and buying Black/Red 12s, Flint 13s, Cherry 12s, Last Shot 14s, Got Game 13s and others. They even used to sit after release date and sometimes get marked down. My oh my how things have seriously changed.

Dont mind at all fella's. Good read, level headed convo.
Iv seen pics of your db's, trust me he rocks his kicks, alot. As they should be if you have the opportunitie.

On another note. I got a lil bored before. Thought id take a glamour shot before they all get worn this next 2 weeks

View media item 667803

And before you think, all were copped for retail par the 4's which i paid $50 extra. Thanks too help from a NT'r and a Friend interstate down here

Dont mind at all fella's. Good read, level headed convo.
Iv seen pics of your db's, trust me he rocks his kicks, alot. As they should be if you have the opportunitie.

On another note. I got a lil bored before. Thought id take a glamour shot before they all get worn this next 2 weeks

View media item 667803

Very nice. I really wanted the 4s but ended up not getting any of them in my size. The one local spot around here that sold the 4s and 5s snatched up over half for employees and friends, so even though my friends had the first spots in line, my size wasnt even available. FML

Did something crazy happen I dont know about recently? I just checked ebay just cuz right now and the only size 9 Fear 4s on there, they are asking $580 and $750+ dollars. They are insane, not even Fear 5s sell for that. And one guy wants 1,500+ for all 3. Smh, they are bananas.

i saw that too recently. i'm sitting on two pairs of fear 4s in size 8. bought 1 from a dude for 10 under retail and another for 20 under retail. no idea whats going on. 

i saw that too recently. i'm sitting on two pairs of fear 4s in size 8. bought 1 from a dude for 10 under retail and another for 20 under retail. no idea whats going on. 

Anyone who sold under retail needed fast fast cash or was just feeling charitable because since their release, people have had no trouble moving the 4s for $220-$250. But something changed recently because not only have prices shot up on ebay, but also flightcub.

They were around 250-300 on flightclub, now they are 400-450 and not many available.

Nah, it's Houston (my location) - a lot of cheap/broke kids who buy and then for some reason don't return. and would rather drive 20 miles to sell for 10 dollars profit.

are there anything things i should look out for in looking for fear 5s, not trying to buy any unauthorized pairs

thanks in advance

Anyone who sold under retail needed fast fast cash or was just feeling charitable because since their release, people have had no trouble moving the 4s for $220-$250. But something changed recently because not only have prices shot up on ebay, but also flightcub.

They were around 250-300 on flightclub, now they are 400-450 and not many available.

I dunno, ive seen em for the same prices as theyve been since release latly. The week after release some euro seller on ebay was trying to flip the 4's for $750 fsr's. I dont think the price has gone up if it has not that much imo. The 3's should be the other one too rise if any since the 4's wernt that limited after all

Back
Top Bottom