Air Jordan "Fear" TRIPLE PACK III/IV/V

^what indicates that they will be QS?
Sizes, for instance a full GR is usually down to kids sizes and I believe the Black Grapes which were a QS were only available in men and GS sizes not only that, I'm pretty sure the fear pack wasn't announced till a few months ago, the release date for these is in a few weeks, usually production times indicate these will be a quickstrike and probably limited. Excuse if I'm wrong NT'ers.
I remember the word "quickstrike" first being used for some XX's that came out, and it came from us not having the release date months ahead of time like we used to have for shoes.

Somewhere along the way, the term quickstrike came to mean limited. Can anyone back me up on this?

I remember the word "quickstrike" first being used for some XX's that came out, and it came from us not having the release date months ahead of time like we used to have for shoes.

Somewhere along the way, the term quickstrike came to mean limited. Can anyone back me up on this?
Im with you. Somewhere along the lines ppl cross them lines of "quickstrike" and "limited" probaly because majority or the quickstrikes have been limited. I see a quickstrike as a release that has no info until close to the release date like these fears. People that are saying black grapes was a qs are wrong in my eyes, they were known to drop and the date (even though the date changed, pushed back which happens a bit) they where just a limited release thats all. These Fears, especially the 5's and there a bigtime Limited quickstrike lol

That would be about right. I remember the xx white with the black strap being quickstrike. But, from what i jave seen, quickstrikes do have a limited number. Not extremely limited, but I would say 20-40k

That would be about right. I remember the xx white with the black strap being quickstrike. But, from what i jave seen, quickstrikes do have a limited number. Not extremely limited, but I would say 20-40k

A QS doesn't have a set number, some are more limited than others.

The same with GR. There's been GR Kobes and you'll see that every Footlocker and Footaction is getting them, but it might only be a size run.

Shouldn't...

Eastbay, FootLocker, Champs, and FootAction are all the same company...Same distribution channels, same product allotment. Technically, Eastbay is the distrubutor to FTL, Champs, and FA, which are the retailers...insignificant details

FinishLine is a totally different entity with no relationship with Footlocker (and co.).

Truth be told, I heard a rumor a LOOONNGGG time ago (from 23penny, as a matter of fact...not to say he's reliable, but I think he heard right on this one) that the person that makes distribution/allotment decisions for Nike prefers the people at Finishline over the people at Footlocker. While Nike has contractual obligations with FootLocker, which forces their hand on many occasions (House of Hoops being the obvious example), whenever there is a situaion that falls outside of those perameters, Finishline seems to get the edge

Royal I is one example.

The numerous Finishline restocks during the holiday season in '12 and early '13 is another example.
I'm pretty sure the majority of the FNL restocks were from them holding back stock. I doubt JB sent them more Concord XI. They have been the red headed step child of the retailers for a LONG time. I don't see that changing unless they improve their market share in areas outside of running. Nike Basketball and Nike Sportswear shows them no love. Their JB account has gotten better but still lags behind the Footlocker base companies in allotments and availability of highly desirable launch products. It's probably due, like you said, to the contracts Footlocker has with Nike, Inc. Sorry for the soapbox response, but I actually track the sneaker retailers in the stock market and read a lot of their earnings reports. It's pretty interesting to see the business side of things from the perspective of the manufacturers and the major retailers.

Looks like the V will be a tough purchase. Good luck to all trying to cop the pair(s) from the fear pack they want.

Last edited:
Man, am I the only one finding this release more and more confusing the longer it goes on? It's such a hassle to figure out which store gets which shoes. If I want to get a pair of the V's I have to go all the way from Cincinnati to Lexington footlocker apparently...

JM has spoken.

For those that were asking me, I paid $860 for 3 pairs of Fear 5's.  I stand by my decision that it will be a smart move come this weekend.  I don't do campouts and all that nonsense.

$286.00
jeez thats cheaper then what i paid for one pair

"I don't do campouts and all that nonsense."

i agree with this man

My Convo with Eastbay Live Chat before he ended the convo"Levi S. has entered the session.Matt: Hi are you releasing any of the fear pack jordans this saturday? the 3,4 or 5? thanksLevi S.: Thank you for contacting Eastbay Customer Care!Levi S.: We will be launching the Retro 4's and 5's on our website. Is there anything else I can help you with today?Matt: Ok thanks, but no Retro 3?Levi S.: No, like I stated, we are planning on launching the 4's and 5's"

My Convo with Eastbay Live Chat before he ended the convo "Levi S. has entered the session. Matt: Hi are you releasing any of the fear pack jordans this saturday? the 3,4 or 5? thanks Levi S.: Thank you for contacting Eastbay Customer Care! Levi S.: We will be launching the Retro 4's and 5's on our website. Is there anything else I can help you with today? Matt: Ok thanks, but no Retro 3? Levi S.: No, like I stated, we are planning on launching the 4's and 5's"
hope.

My Convo with Eastbay Live Chat before he ended the convo "Levi S. has entered the session. Matt: Hi are you releasing any of the fear pack jordans this saturday? the 3,4 or 5? thanks Levi S.: Thank you for contacting Eastbay Customer Care! Levi S.: We will be launching the Retro 4's and 5's on our website. Is there anything else I can help you with today? Matt: Ok thanks, but no Retro 3? Levi S.: No, like I stated, we are planning on launching the 4's and 5's"

View media item 546339

Hhaha, lets try again il see if i get a diff response lol. There getting em, i dont see em not, dont see em being a coppable release though, i put it up or harder then trying to cop lebron ext's

As much as I want the 5s, I don't want to resort to paying reseller prices. If I strike out, I'll just wait until Jordan Brand retros it 5 years later as GR instead of a QS. I think we all remember what happened with the Thunder 4s.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha, Check out my 2nd attempt at getting a answer! SMH (Locate that information, haha, dude has prob been asked this question 500 times today as if he dosent know)"Luke M. has entered the session.Matt: Hi, Which Jordan's of the Fear pack will you be releasing this saturday?Luke M.: Thank you for contacting Eastbay Customer Care!Luke M.: This Saturday we will be releasing the Jordan Retro 3s and Jordan Retro 4s.Matt: Ok thanks, i spoke to someone earlier who said only the 4's and 5's, getting alot of different answers can you confirm the 5's are dropping or is Eastbay playing a guessing game with us consumer's?Luke M.: One moment please while I locate that information.Luke M.: We will definitely be launching the Jordan Retro 3 and 4 this coming Saturday.Luke M.: We will be launching a Jordan Retro 5 on August 31st, but that will not be a part of the Fear Pack.Matt: Ok so 100% for the Fear 3/4 but not Fear 5?Luke M.: That will not be the "Fear Pack 5". That will be the "Fire Red 5".Matt: Thanks"

Preordered my pair for 235 since it seems like resell will be much more after Saturday now that FNL won't have them online anymore.

Last edited:
As much as I want the 5s, I don't want to resort to paying reseller prices. If I strike out, I'll just wait until Jordan Brand retros it 5 years later as GR instead of a QS. I think we all remember what happened with the Thunder 4s.
Yep, pissed off a lot of people sitting on DS 06 pairs like it was apple stock.

People might need to consider wearing their shoes rather than keeping them locked away because of some perceived value.

To think the thunders got as high as $1000 
mean.gif

Most of yall say you hate the shoe or bash the style initially when the pics first drop

then when news goes off about how they limited and the final product pics start making it's ways thru the leaks

ya jump on it and start with the list of excuses as to why you gotta/need to cop then wonder and complain why rsvp and resellers are wide spread

it's sad really and mostly in the jb threads where you find this nonsense and why if i do get my hands on a pair i'll b less weary of beating somebody on the head

you guys make it too easy

one noob questions.. when you get the shoe in your cart on eastbay, footaction, ftl etc is it yours? like on ndc? never bought from those sites

Back
Top Bottom