Air Jordan "Fear" TRIPLE PACK III/IV/V

But isn't this the crux of the argument for a lot of shoes these days? It seems the more limited a shoe is, people go more bonkers for it. Even if it's an average shoe.
Completely agree, and that was part of the point I was trying to make.

It seems some people don't really base what they go after what they like, but rather what they think will be valuable/rare.  Unfortunate.
Very. The buyer's mentality has shifted to to the  buy then sell  mentality. No knock to anyone's "hustle" even though I disagree with it. I

nobody is camping for over 24 hrs for a $100 profit come on son.

it's called taking shifts and making your presence known on the line that way when it comes game time the ppl on line already know you put in some amount of work to claim your spot.
This is why FCFS can lead to problems.  Ghost chairs, a ton of people to a chair, etc.  For big releases these things always run the risk of reverting to bedlam.

Fulton Ave. should be a fun walk come early Sat. morning if NYC is going FCFS.

nobody is camping for over 24 hrs for a $100 profit come on son.

it's called taking shifts and making your presence known on the line that way when it comes game time the ppl on line already know you put in some amount of work to claim your spot.

right

your whole post is what i talking about

"nobody is camping for over 24 hrs for a $100 profit come on son'

you be surprised
when your precious shoe that you think your going to make double or triple dont sell you be happy to sell over $20.00 over to retail to get your cash back

everybody and they mother resells look at all the past GR releases this year
no money to be made

"making your presence"

its like talking taking shifts at a very low paying job

"it's called taking shifts and making your presence known on the line that way when it comes game time the ppl on line already know you put in some amount of work to claim your spot"

perfect cause now game time is raffles and day long campout's

i proved my point

i'm not tying to argue with anyone but i know what i'm talking about

Last edited:

put down what your smoking.... & step away from the keyboard

Last edited:
right

your whole post is what i talking about

"nobody is camping for over 24 hrs for a $100 profit come on son'

you be surprised
when your precious shoe that you think your going to make double or triple dont sell you be happy to sell over $20.00 over to retail to get your cash back

everybody and they mother resells look at all the past GR releases this year
no money to be made

"making your presence"

its like talking taking shifts at a very low paying job

"it's called taking shifts and making your presence known on the line that way when it comes game time the ppl on line already know you put in some amount of work to claim your spot"

perfect cause now game time is raffles and day long campout's

i proved my point

i'm not tying to argue with anyone but i know what i'm talking about

you act like people are flipping burgers online serving the hungry public. I can't speak for everyone but every 'shift' would be 2hr or 1hr wait just to say whatup or see how long the line is, and longest I've camped was 7hrs till opening.

This is why FCFS can lead to problems.  Ghost chairs, a ton of people to a chair, etc.  For big releases these things always run the risk of reverting to bedlam.

i agree

is it worth to it get into a fight or shot for lining for shoes

nike should just do away with release dates at major stores
but thats not going to happen

line up's are all free publicity

that would crush resellers bots raffles and this rest of this nonsense in one shot

their are young collectors who never knew the feeling of buying a shoe you really wanted and paying retail and walking out of a store with it

not dealing with bots
not camping out
not dealing with scummy resellers like myself (though I glad I have alot of DS shoes to fall back on to move)

just cop and go like how the foams and jordans used to be

i remember reading on niketalk how a footlocker store would just get their stock in of the newest foams in and you call go down and buy them with no problem

now its nothing like that

Last edited:
I
yeah hopefully...im sure its some independent (shady) stores in the malls that will have pairs...but will be taxxing at least 220 for the 5's...Georgio's & Oxford Street at Bay Fair comes to mind
I hate Georgio's I swear they tax on every limited sneaker.

you act like people are flipping burgers online serving the hungry public. I can't speak for everyone but every 'shift' would be 2hr or 1hr wait just to say whatup or see how long the line is, and longest I've camped was 7hrs till opening.

enjoy your shift taking

never said i was "superior to the others"
if i have to camp it was never for more then 12 hours
but i never had to run around like a fool for tickets

whatever the price of something was if i had the money i would pay it

not camp for 2 3 4 5 6 days at a time
also i'm not going to camp for so many days just for a $20.00 to $100.00 profit
and only get one shoe

i'm not special and either are you but if you have an issue with what i'm saying i guess my post was directed at you

i can also guess your the type who would camp and enjoys it and if you are
that's who i'm directing these last few post's to

never camped a day in my life and never intend to. I work 40 hours a week and know damn sure I aint waiting in no line on a saturday. I consider my relaxation time very precious so my *** is staying in bed

never camped a day in my life and never intend to. I work 40 hours a week and know damn sure I aint waiting in no line on a saturday. I consider my relaxation time very precious so my *** is staying in bed

i wish i could say the same
your lucky on line then

but as i said i pay so i dont have to do this bull crap of running around

we have all camped before in this selfish hobby and who says otherwish is just full of it
i just try not to

the only shoe i would camp for and have camped for are jordan doernbecher's

but you cant ever do that anymore

Last edited:
Me personally, I could give a rats *** about a camper. Others may care, but I don't. If its FCFS, I'm already moving on because I'm not camping. It's that simple for me. I don't get how just because I prefer raffles, means I'm knocking campers for doing what they do?

And yes I know what slaving means. I just thought it was funny. Your friend doing construction is slaving, which makes standing in line, a paradise. Just saying.

I feel you g. I dont even get into those super limited stuff like Yeezys and galaxy foams and all that stuff cuz no way i'm out on the street for a week...I just dont have it in me. A day, though, I dont mind it...It's usually the same people, so it's more of a hang out than a camp out...but I dig what you sayin.

also, the friend is getting paid...well, at that...the campers, not so much (or at all, actually). But again, we're splitting hairs

I do think, however, that the campout is the purest, most honest way for sneaker releases...

...of course, there is the elephant in the room...Nike COULD just make more of them...But if they did that, most people probably wouldn't want them...the cycle continues.

i camped for the Yeezy 1's (Black/Pink) at TRUE East...only to find that they were raffled already 
frown.gif

mean.gif

You Mean Fulton ST? Downtown Bk? If so that FL's Giving out Raffle Tickets...

Longest I've "camped" was 8 hours. I would never camp long enough to have to sleep outside on a tent on the street. I could if I wanted to, but its not that serious. If I can't go to the FCFS spot at the midnight before release, wait until 8 am when the spot opens, and then cop the shoes, it ain't worth it. Every time I hear about people actin a fool for some shoes I just want to be like **** it, y'all can have this "culture".

Why are jays even hyped up? You can get much better quality shoes for the same or less dollar amount.

America's society makes me sick to my stomach. Everyone is a goddamn sheep and can't think on their own two feet. Not too many people have their own style. They only want a shoe because Kanye or whoever wore them or because they are "limited" and they will feel good about themselves for getting "limited" kicks.. MOST of these kids coppin jays don't even like the shoes and just follow what their peers do, just so they can fit in and feel popular. Ex. Concord 2011. Nothing but pre-teeny boppin *** suburban kids in the line.

Geez I'm sorry for ranting but this **** just makes me sick. All I can do is shake my head :smh:

Your whole argument is whack because FCFS/camping turns into something like the have and have nots. The haves meaning the people who will frivolously dedicate their time to camping and the have nots who don't see it viable or reasonable to give up however many days to camp to get a shoe that isn't relatively limited. I have camped but the ones I did it for weren't set to be released across the country (both UNDFTD dunks). I justified spending a night camping for them by knowing that only a 5 stores in the US would be getting them. However, having to camp for a shoe that is being released in more numbers, by major chains across the country is ridiculous.

Raffles/Lotteries are the most fair shot of people getting a shoe. If the person(s) running the raffle at each individual location have no agenda, If you say you have the time to camp, then you should have the time to hit however many stores to enter the raffle. It's not misery loves company its about tasking for the most fair way to deal with a situation. At the end of the day not copping the newest shoe is a lame first world problem. But simply because a SELECT few have nothing else but sneakers in their lives where they will give up days to camp for them, doesn't mean the average consumer who wants the shoe shouldn't be given a fair chance at buying them.

There's a lot of things here...

Your example of "haves and have nots" is completely incorrect...Your example gives two groups of people who value their time different. This is a matter of subjectivity, not objectivity. For your example to be accurate, the "have nots" would simply not have the time...But they do have the time, they just have other committments and obligations that take precedence.

Then you say that camping is ok for certain releases? So now we're even more into subjectivity (opinion)...and how many stores are getting the fear V's Certainly more than 5, but speaking relatively, not many at all...

Third, yes, raffles/lotteries ARE the fairest shot for the most people, IF the raffles are done honestly...I think we've discussed on several occasions that most, if not all of these raffles are rrigged. From Niketowns, to 21 Mercer, to Sole Fly, etc.

These sneaker releases have become a matter of choosing the lesser of evils.

I agree with what most of what 160 was talkin bout...But I'm not against campouts

yeah hopefully...im sure its some independent (shady) stores in the malls that will have pairs...but will be taxxing at least 220 for the 5's...Georgio's & Oxford Street at Bay Fair comes to mind
Ish I would pay $220 if I was guaranteed a pair....

Last edited:
Did you grab your ticket? Are they giving out tickets for each pair?
I grabbed one
They had sep lines for champs and fl. But it's only one ticket u have to chose which one u want if u win

Good luck my brotha .. My plug just fell through for the 5s :smh: .. I have one more local boutique to check tomorrow, if they can't hold me down I may sit this one out.

Back
Top Bottom