Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Leather on mine is better than mediocre. I'd say it's actually a step above decent. Not fantastic, super soft leather, but soft to the touch and doesn't scream "plastic". The ankle collars and tongue, of course, are mediocre. Overall, I'm super happy with mine. Shape is great, and they look and feel like what I expected.

With these and the AMMs, I can't see myself going for any more 2s for the foreseeable future; very satisfied with these. Can't wait to get them on feet, though may wait until spring. Just not a cold, gloomy, rainy type of shoe.

These Gonna Break In Noice 👌🏾
838BB1D8-BE5A-4EFD-892C-67A8D86D45DC.jpeg

E01EC719-9406-4528-8B5A-372EE657252C.jpeg

A3BEB809-C2AE-4ED3-990F-98468F236F4E.jpeg

You got a good pair! This looks like a 3 (referring to my prior post). I got a feeling the stiff leathered pairs won't break in like this.

Has nothing to do with it. I'm sure there's also plenty of trash leather available in Italy, and plenty of good leather available in China and Vietnam and wherever else Nike contracts factories. It's all about the materials Nike's product line managers and budgets and margins call for, not where those factories are located.

QC would have been far better if they were made in Italy

Im sure the labor laws for clothing in Italy are much different than in China... when you pay people pennies for sweat shop labor than it will show. Italy is know for the quality of clothing made there, and not just the name brand stuff... just like Italy,Germany and Japan are known for the quality of their cars and Japan for electronics.

Im sure the labor laws for clothing in Italy are much different than in China... when you pay people pennies for sweat shop labor than it will show. Italy is know for the quality of clothing made there, and not just the name brand stuff... just like Italy,Germany and Japan are known for the quality of their cars and Japan for electronics.

Perhaps. But interesting aside, did you happen to see and read the story about the 2's creation I posted the other day? Turns out (or at least it sounds like it, based on the story) the main reason the Nike guys went to Italy for this shoe was the injection-molding tech its contracted factory there had at its disposal at the time, nothing to do with leather. The outsoles came from a factory in Spain because of that factory's capability with rubber at the time. That said, it does mention the toe box shape was influenced by the Italian connection. But I found it interesting after all these years of people saying it was all about the leather, the No. 1 reason Italy came into play was for that molding tech.

Yeah its about the craftsmanship and not exactly the materials, which are still going to usually be better by default because they care about the quality as that affects craftsmanship.

This is probably my prized piece in my Polo collection. Made in Italy but the leather parts are deerskin from New Zealand. Every part of the world has leather tanneries that are known for a specific way of how they treat the animal hide which affects the quality and durability of the leather.

20230110_144653.jpg
20230110_144638.jpg

I would love to hear the true story from MJ himself of why he thought about leaving Nike. For years we have heard the theories of why. But nothing has been fact. With the release of this shoe, I am thinking it would be a great time to do it. All it would take is just a few minutes of his time. Im tired of hearing that this shoe made him want to leave when I believe there was more to it. And it had nothing to do with the design at all.

I would love to hear the true story from MJ himself of why he thought about leaving Nike. For years we have heard the theories of why. But nothing has been fact. With the release of this shoe, I am thinking it would be a great time to do it. All it would take is just a few minutes of his time. Im tired of hearing that this shoe made him want to leave when I believe there was more to it. And it had nothing to do with the design at all.
That’s what I hoped that article would address, at least from the Nike side. The author blew a golden opportunity there.

Y’all know why he wanted to leave Nike? Money 🤷‍♂️…This is MJ we’re talking about here, let’s call a spade a spade…I guarantee some other brand was offering him more cash but Nike countered…

I mean maybe there’s a chance Bruce Kilgore beat him in a game of golf…Mike would’ve took that personally :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom